What Is Your Pay Gap? The Wall Street Journal Knows.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2016, 08:16 PM
RE: What Is Your Pay Gap? The Wall Street Journal Knows.
(23-05-2016 08:10 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 05:28 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Compensation and benefits managers: 68%

That's some painful irony, right there.

Yabut, it's obvious that in areas where women belong e.g. in the kitchen, childcare and looking pretty while sitting in the drawing room doing fine needlework (I mean, there's no way that men will even come close when it comes to sewing or anything where delicate fingering is required), they will far exceed men's earnings:

Food cooking machine operators: 79%
Childcare workers: 79%
Surgeons: 64%

Consider

You are so lucky that I'm not in arm's reach right now.

I have some Peanut Butter Oreos, need some?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
23-05-2016, 08:37 PM
(23-05-2016 05:28 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Compensation and benefits managers: 68%

That's some painful irony, right there.

Yabut, it's obvious that in areas where women belong e.g. in the kitchen, childcare and looking pretty while sitting in the drawing room doing fine needlework (I mean, there's no way that men will even come close when it comes to sewing or anything where delicate fingering is required), they will far exceed men's earnings:

Food cooking machine operators: 79%
Childcare workers: 79%
Surgeons: 64%

Consider

tsk, tsk, tsk...bear baiting. No
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
23-05-2016, 08:54 PM
(23-05-2016 08:16 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 08:10 PM)Aliza Wrote:  You are so lucky that I'm not in arm's reach right now.

I have some Peanut Butter Oreos, need some?

Yes, actually, I really need some right now. For more reasons than one. Sadcryface2
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
23-05-2016, 09:17 PM
(23-05-2016 08:54 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 08:16 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I have some Peanut Butter Oreos, need some?

Yes, actually, I really need some right now. For more reasons than one. Sadcryface2

Aww sending you some asap.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
24-05-2016, 04:29 AM
(23-05-2016 06:06 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 05:44 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I always found the pay gap debates confusing. Shouldn't people just be able to compare salaries and then see how it goes from there?

Well it works like this. The pay gap isn't about pay, because women now get paid as much as men (thanks feminism). Now because of this, it isn't pay that they are looking at, but earnings. So when you compare hours worked, overtime, sick days, days taken off, overwork, and the pay for each separate job, you get your pay gap. The 77cents to the dollar is a fake statistic that is still paraded around despite being false. If anything the pay gap is a sign of free choice and not so much oppression.

If we are looking at these things, that would mean that a pay gap would not be dependent on someone's gender, but on how much they work. So it could be anyone who experiences this lower wage. Is this what you are saying? I am trying to understand. >.<

☆☆☆
24-05-2016, 04:30 AM
(23-05-2016 08:54 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 08:16 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I have some Peanut Butter Oreos, need some?

Hug

☆☆☆
24-05-2016, 04:57 AM
*Steps in* Hi, hello, vagina with a job right here Kiss I've come to bare some horrible news

Article

Some more articles

Oh wait another article
[+] 3 users Like Holle03's post
24-05-2016, 06:41 AM
(24-05-2016 04:29 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 06:06 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well it works like this. The pay gap isn't about pay, because women now get paid as much as men (thanks feminism). Now because of this, it isn't pay that they are looking at, but earnings. So when you compare hours worked, overtime, sick days, days taken off, overwork, and the pay for each separate job, you get your pay gap. The 77cents to the dollar is a fake statistic that is still paraded around despite being false. If anything the pay gap is a sign of free choice and not so much oppression.

If we are looking at these things, that would mean that a pay gap would not be dependent on someone's gender, but on how much they work. So it could be anyone who experiences this lower wage. Is this what you are saying? I am trying to understand. >.<

Yes, this should explain

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
24-05-2016, 07:26 AM
(24-05-2016 06:41 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 04:29 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  If we are looking at these things, that would mean that a pay gap would not be dependent on someone's gender, but on how much they work. So it could be anyone who experiences this lower wage. Is this what you are saying? I am trying to understand. >.<

Yes, this should explain

Like I said, males are not pulling their weight in child care.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-05-2016, 07:29 AM
(24-05-2016 04:29 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 06:06 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well it works like this. The pay gap isn't about pay, because women now get paid as much as men (thanks feminism). Now because of this, it isn't pay that they are looking at, but earnings. So when you compare hours worked, overtime, sick days, days taken off, overwork, and the pay for each separate job, you get your pay gap. The 77cents to the dollar is a fake statistic that is still paraded around despite being false. If anything the pay gap is a sign of free choice and not so much oppression.

Yes, of course that is what he is saying in a nutshell. The key word here is earn . Men earn more money then women on average even when they work in the same fields as women as it is shown in the Wall Street Journal`s data that Heatheness provided , that is a fact, this is not what is under dispute.

Under dispute is a feminist claim that man are paid more just because they have dicks, which is simply not true.
This claim doesn`t even stand to a basic scrutiny of logic.
Show me one employer that would hire a man and pay him a dollar if he possibly could hire a women to do the same job for 77 cents?
Yet, men get hired.
For this claim ( that men get paid more for the same job ) to be true, employers would have to not care about their profit. And we can safely say that this is not so.

Men earn more on average because they on average work longer hours, take shorter vacations , are more willing to neglect their personal lives to get ahead in their careers ,are more willing to ask and demand a raise , don`t take brakes in their careers to have babies....and so on.

Their is absolutely no study or any evidence that shows that the disparity in earnings is a result of a discrimination against women.

In fact, paying people differently based on their gender is against the law since 1963 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Pay_Act_of_1963
Again, if feminist claim was true courtrooms would be overwhelmed with lawsuits against employers.

So, why is this always a point of disagreement and vigorous debate?

It is because feminism being a marxist ideology, advocates for equality of outcome , unlike some other people , me included , who advocate for the equality of opportunity.

The whole thing is quite ridiculous if you ask me, it`s like pointing out that a white 100 meters sprinter didn`t win an Olympic gold medal in last 50 years which is a fact but blame the discrimination against white sprinters for that, completely disregarding the fact that black people are simply faster.
And then you demand that medals should be equally divided between all participants regardless of their results, because...equal representation. Bullshit.

This victim card is so overplayed that now even some (more reasonable ) feminists like Christina Hoff Sommers are openly dismissing it.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 4 users Like Slowminded's post