What Is Your Pay Gap? The Wall Street Journal Knows.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2016, 05:30 AM
RE: What Is Your Pay Gap? The Wall Street Journal Knows.
(24-05-2016 08:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 07:45 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Like I said, oxytocin, estrogen, sexual selection.

That's no excuse. Women work MORE because men don't share equally in child care, and they don't get paid for the additional work. It's work, you know. And the male is 50% responsible for creating it. Men are perfectly capable of caring for children, and many men do these days.

Women should either be paid equal wages or be paid by the male to raise the kids. And that is kind of what the old arrangement was, where the woman stayed home to care for the kids and the male funded it.

One way or another, if there are kids involved, males need to carry their weight.

Where there are not, there is absolutely no excuse for a salary discrepancy. (not that there is an excuse for it under any circumstances).

My mum looked after the kids and worked albeit less hours than my dad but you're assuming that males when they finish work just sit on their arses and women care for the kids AND work 24/7.

My father finishes work still to this day at his old age, comes home, takes the dogs out, fixes broken things, manually labours around the house fixing things and developing the bathroom or kitchen etc etc. He doesn't get paid for any of this.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2016, 06:12 AM
RE: What Is Your Pay Gap? The Wall Street Journal Knows.
(25-05-2016 05:30 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 08:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  That's no excuse. Women work MORE because men don't share equally in child care, and they don't get paid for the additional work. It's work, you know. And the male is 50% responsible for creating it. Men are perfectly capable of caring for children, and many men do these days.

Women should either be paid equal wages or be paid by the male to raise the kids. And that is kind of what the old arrangement was, where the woman stayed home to care for the kids and the male funded it.

One way or another, if there are kids involved, males need to carry their weight.

Where there are not, there is absolutely no excuse for a salary discrepancy. (not that there is an excuse for it under any circumstances).

My mum looked after the kids and worked albeit less hours than my dad but you're assuming that males when they finish work just sit on their arses and women care for the kids AND work 24/7.

My father finishes work still to this day at his old age, comes home, takes the dogs out, fixes broken things, manually labours around the house fixing things and developing the bathroom or kitchen etc etc. He doesn't get paid for any of this.

Your dad is pulling his weight then in the way the old arrangement intended him to.

The difference is that men are not expected to leave work to come home and fix a dripping faucet. It waits until after work. You can't do that with a baby. It needs to be tended to asap. So, the man stays at work while the woman has to leave and take care of the kid. Hence the discrepancy in hours spent at work and the pay gap.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post