What Is Your Viewpoint on Gender and Gender Identity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2016, 10:29 AM
RE: What Is Your Viewpoint on Gender and Gender Identity?
There's only two. Male and female. And hermaphrodite as an outlier.
If you wanna feel like a girl even though you're a dude that's fine, but you're still a dude.

Truth be told I don't understand it. I personally don't feel like a guy or a women for that matter. I am just me.
Gay and straight I get. You can be one and easily understand the other. But I mean who consciously sits down and has "women feelings". It doesn't make sense.
You're just you. If you like dresses and barbies and you're a guy that doesn't make you a girl or have "girl feelings", that's sexiest.

I think this whole thing is a result of social change due to left leaning liberal fucks who have forced political correctness down everyone's throats.
I think it's just a bunch of retarded hippie fucks that wanna feel special or at least "normal" because they wanna dress in pink and put on make up instead of playing with gi joes. And so they gve it these stupid names like "non-binary". But in reality it's just sexiest bullshit.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
11-12-2016, 10:50 AM
(11-12-2016 10:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  There's only two. Male and female. And hermaphrodite as an outlier.
If you wanna feel like a girl even though you're a dude that's fine, but you're still a dude.

Truth be told I don't understand it. I personally don't feel like a guy or a women for that matter. I am just me.
Gay and straight I get. You can be one and easily understand the other. But I mean who consciously sits down and has "women feelings". It doesn't make sense.
You're just you. If you like dresses and barbies and you're a guy that doesn't make you a girl or have "girl feelings", that's sexiest.

I think this whole thing is a result of social change due to left leaning liberal fucks who have forced political correctness down everyone's throats.
I think it's just a bunch of retarded hippie fucks that wanna feel special or at least "normal" because they wanna dress in pink and put on make up instead of playing with gi joes. And so they gve it these stupid names like "non-binary". But in reality it's just sexiest bullshit.
I too am tired of all this sexy bullshit. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
11-12-2016, 10:54 AM
(11-12-2016 10:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  There's only two. Male and female. And hermaphrodite as an outlier.

Facepalm

Are we seriously going to have to explain to you the difference between biological sex and gender, again, Muffs? Think of it a bit like sexual orientation. One is how your endocrine system tells your brain to develop, the other is what parts are actually there. There's no reason to assume they'd be the same every time.

This isn't some "liberal" thing. This is the increasingly-recognized (as in, "overwhelming consensus") reality among the psychological and neurological medicine communities. This isn't someone pretending they're a shark. This is someone whose brain programming tells them they are one thing, when their body grows a different way. It may be hard for you to accept, but it's actually surprisingly a common phenomenon. You saying that trans* people are just making it up is no different than the assholes who tell lesbians they "just haven't met the right guy yet" and that they "just need a good deep-dicking". Seriously. Angry

Just because liberals took this information in without freaking out, "Butbutbutbut it forces me to challenge my preconceived idea of EVERYTHING!!11!1!!1!" doesn't make it a liberal thing. It just means conservatives (and some knuckleheads) have difficulty accepting reality unless it suits their already-existing way of thinking.

I apologize if this is phrased harshly and/or improperly, but I'm running fever and freezing cold, right now, and on sleeping tab/cold medicine pills that are making me drowsy but not sleepy.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
11-12-2016, 11:14 AM
(11-12-2016 10:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ithink this whole thing is a result of social change due to left leaning liberal fucks who have forced political correctness down everyone's throats

I've never been in an actual situation where political correctness was "forced down my throat", but that's just me.
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
11-12-2016, 11:24 AM
I don't particularly care about gender identity. If a person asks me to regard them as a gender other than what I know their biological gender to be, I extend them the courtesy just because they've asked me. Besides, I'm starting to see a lot of documentaries that are talking about people having more fluid genders, so there may be something to this.
11-12-2016, 11:28 AM

Wrong. At the most basic there would be four: male, female, hermaphrodite and androgynous.

(11-12-2016 10:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you wanna feel like a girl even though you're a dude that's fine, but you're still a dude. ... But I mean who consciously sits down and has "women feelings". It doesn't make sense.

I have read/watched numerous interviews with people who have eloquently described what you are talking about. I can't understand it, but I can empathize with the pain they describe.

(11-12-2016 10:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think this whole thing is a result of social change due to left leaning liberal fucks who have forced political correctness down everyone's throats.

Or you could see it as the fearful whining of conservative fucks, confronted with issues that they can't or won't understand. Point of view, I suppose.

(11-12-2016 10:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think it's just a bunch of retarded hippie fucks that wanna feel special or at least "normal" because they wanna dress in pink and put on make up instead of playing with gi joes.

Cross-dressing is not inherently homosexual. You can be a straight male who likes dressing in women's clothing. Seems like too much work, but hey, whatever. In any case, cross-dressing has nothing to do with the gender issues.

(11-12-2016 10:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  And so they gve it these stupid names like "non-binary". But in reality it's just sexiest bullshit.

You already acknowledged three genders in you opening sentence, so non-binary is the correct word.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
11-12-2016, 11:58 AM
I think people are transgender because of how the brain develops. I don't think saying "feel like a boy/girl" explains transgenderism very well. In reality, it's heavily based on gender dysphoria. You have discomfort with the sex were born with and wish to transition in some way. I say "wish to" because maybe someone is not able to begin transition at this moment. Furthermore, different people do different things for their transition. Some get top (chest) surgery, other do not. Same with bottom (genital) surgery. Most get hormone replacement therapy. I think I should also add that gender dysphoria is different for everyone. It's worse for some people than others. I don't think being trans is how you express yourself or that it's feeling masculine or feminine. I think most people have times when they feel more masculine or more feminine.

Quote:Gender dysphoria is a condition where a person experiences discomfort or distress because there's a mismatch between their biological sex and gender identity. It's sometimes known as gender identity disorder (GID), gender incongruence or transgenderism.
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Gender-dysp...ction.aspx

To be honest, I'm still asking myself what I think about the whole "more than 2 genders thing." I'm not aware of any clear evidence, though. I don't think that everyone who says they are another gender (or no gender) is an attention seeker or anything like that. What seems to happen is that people have different or new ideas of what gender is. I remember when I was younger and females who felt more masculine usually just called themselves tomboys or something. They liked masculine things and hanging out with guys, but they didn't see themselves as genderfluid or something. I have friends and acquaintances who identify as things like bigender, agender, genderfluid, etc. I'm skeptical, but I'm able to be respectful. If someone is truly one of these other gender identities, I don't think it would be for the same reason someone is transgender.

I want to add that I don't like when people do try to confuse people for attention or try to make up 100's of other genders (stargender, moongender, slimegender, techgender, etc). People looking from the outside may clump all trans people with that. I've seen it and it's quite frustrating.

I think that there are male and female brains and there are male and female bodies. People tend to line up with those pretty well. The more well known "other genders" tend to surround those in some way. I don't know of any clear evidence that says there are more than 2 genders.

I understand that people like having their identities, and that's fine. I think it goes a bit far when it seems like that's all people care about. I happen to be transgender, but it's not the only thing about me. It's not even the most important thing about me. It's fine to learn more about yourself and meet others who are the same. I'm just sick of identity politics and drama.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm skeptical, but able to be respectful. Gender identity doesn't matter to me. A good person is a good person. A crappy person is a crappy person.

☆☆☆
[+] 7 users Like CosmicRaven's post
11-12-2016, 12:41 PM
Speaking as a girly man who's been on testosterone replacement therapy for over a decade and has tested anywhere from 100ng/dl (less than 300 is enough to warrant TRT, manly girl comes in at 110 but that's like 3-4x more than a non-manly girl) to 1200ng/dl (who's your daddy now, 1100 is top of normal range), I think that hormones have an awful lot to do with gender identity. More so in the womb than later, but I can notice different T/E ratios pretty easily. For some situations one level might be better than another but they're all good in their own way and with 24hrs advance notice I can manipulate the numbers exogenously to be whatever I like.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-12-2016, 01:16 PM
I don't care what people want to be called, and I'm happy to call them that if I happen to remember. But I'm not gonna learn 20 different gender descriptors, and if someone gets all offended by my unintentional misuse of a word I don't feel inclined to add to my vocabulary or for not being able to read their mind, I reserve the right to give them shit for their oversensitivity and accuse them of being symbolic of everything wrong with the world.

'Murican Canadian
11-12-2016, 01:27 PM
I think it can be both, whatever you are physically born as and whatever you psychologically identify with. I think the most important factor is what you psychologically identify with. I think whatever someone identifies with/considers themselves to be is their gender. I am not a fan of society putting labels on people, I think people need to be true to themselves whatever that means to them and screw what society thinks.