What Is Your Viewpoint on Gender and Gender Identity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2016, 08:12 PM
RE: What Is Your Viewpoint on Gender and Gender Identity?
(11-12-2016 07:50 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  But trying to assert "well they have a penis and therefore they have a man's brain", in defiance of both the anecdotal evidence from millions of trans* people who are often attacked and even murdered for being that way (as if they'd choose such a life!) and in opposition to what the science is telling us, is asinine.

Agreed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2016, 03:08 AM
(11-12-2016 08:10 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I have female parts but have never felt particularly "female" (or male, for that matter). I'm standing somewhere in the middle of the male-female continuum, occasionally glancing in both directions and wondering what all the fuss is about.
What does it mean "to feel female"? And how does this differ from feeling male?

Why do we gender stereotype these feelings?

I'm actually quite confused on this matter.
There is nothing wrong with a physical male self associating as a female, but why do they associate that way. What is it about themselves that they are tieing into a generalised expectation of a female's thinking?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
12-12-2016, 04:20 AM
(11-12-2016 05:56 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 03:16 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I know about intersex, it is a poor argument. First to mention all these cases are rare, really rare, like 0.1% rare, and yet even they are only either male or female. Let us use your intersex examples shall we.

Source 1. The woma despite having no vigina can still get pregnant. She has overies xx chromosomes, a uterus and all female parts but the vigina. She is still a woman. She still falls into only male or female.

Source 2. Despite that children with ambiguous genitalia still have the normal chromosomes for men and women. That alone give us indication that these people are only either male or female.

Now on the brain thing. I know males and females have brains that differ, but an atypical brain for a male doesn't make him a woman, but a man with an atypical brain.I know about this and as i said before see nothing wrong with trans people.

Source 3. Come on the source talks about how they were able to find out she was a female. She was always a female, but the evidence is now there to show it.(like how life evolved without humans noticing till now.)

Again, i don't hate intersex or trans people, but there is only male and female, even within intersex, and intersex people make up very little of the human population.

(11-12-2016 03:16 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  but there is only male and female

There have been girls born with Y chromosomes. They usually have underdeveloped gonads but sometimes not. So what would you call this person? Male or female. Like I said, nature is not perfect and things happen which makes their sex hard to distinguish. It's not typical, of course, but it does happen.

Sewyer disease. You do know they can get pregnant right? I ain't disagreeing that sex can be hard to distinguish in an animal that is intersex, but they can still do fall into only male and female.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-12-2016, 04:23 AM
(11-12-2016 07:02 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Seriously, guys, do you not understand that by saying they're just fibbing about it (or crazy), or writing them off as perverts, you're doing what straight people did to homosexuals for generations?

I don't think trans people are perverts, just the founder of the word gender John money.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-12-2016, 08:48 AM
(11-12-2016 10:54 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 10:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  There's only two. Male and female. And hermaphrodite as an outlier.
If you wanna feel like a girl even though you're a dude that's fine, but you're still a dude.

Truth be told I don't understand it. I personally don't feel like a guy or a women for that matter. I am just me.
Gay and straight I get. You can be one and easily understand the other. But I mean who consciously sits down and has "women feelings". It doesn't make sense.
You're just you. If you like dresses and barbies and you're a guy that doesn't make you a girl or have "girl feelings", that's sexiest.

I think this whole thing is a result of social change due to left leaning liberal fucks who have forced political correctness down everyone's throats.
I think it's just a bunch of retarded hippie fucks that wanna feel special or at least "normal" because they wanna dress in pink and put on make up instead of playing with gi joes. And so they gve it these stupid names like "non-binary". But in reality it's just sexiest bullshit.

Facepalm

Are we seriously going to have to explain to you the difference between biological sex and gender, again, Muffs? Think of it a bit like sexual orientation. One is how your endocrine system tells your brain to develop, the other is what parts are actually there. There's no reason to assume they'd be the same every time.

This isn't some "liberal" thing. This is the increasingly-recognized (as in, "overwhelming consensus") reality among the psychological and neurological medicine communities. This isn't someone pretending they're a shark. This is someone whose brain programming tells them they are one thing, when their body grows a different way. It may be hard for you to accept, but it's actually surprisingly a common phenomenon. You saying that trans* people are just making it up is no different than the assholes who tell lesbians they "just haven't met the right guy yet" and that they "just need a good deep-dicking". Seriously. Angry

Just because liberals took this information in without freaking out, "Butbutbutbut it forces me to challenge my preconceived idea of EVERYTHING!!11!1!!1!" doesn't make it a liberal thing. It just means conservatives (and some knuckleheads) have difficulty accepting reality unless it suits their already-existing way of thinking.

I apologize if this is phrased harshly and/or improperly, but I'm running fever and freezing cold, right now, and on sleeping tab/cold medicine pills that are making me drowsy but not sleepy.

You're an idiot.
I really can't be bothered right now because I'm tired and it's 4am.
So here's the short version.

You are either born male or female.
You identify as "human".
This idea that someone "feels" female is fucking bullshit. It's like some twat saying he feels like he's a wolf, or shark as you put it. It's fucking stupid. You ain't a fucking wolf or a fucking shark, you're a human. Just as you aint a women, you're a male. That's just what you were born as so deal with it. If you want a sex change that's fine. If you wanna be a transgender and cross dress and call yourself a women that's fine. But you're not a fucking women, you got a dick so you're a man.

But there's nothing wrong with wanting to be a women, or liking traditional women things such as dresses and shit. That's who you are AS A PERSON. The moment you put a label to that "non-binary" or whatever the retarded fuck shit the kids do these days, you're a fucking moron.

You're trying to group people. I'm saying there's just "people". There's no female or male or non-binary, just "people". Female and male describe if you have a v or a p, irregardless of you as a person.

This 'liberal pc' shit I'm talking about is these labels.
They're trying to make everyone feel special and shit, it's fucking disgusting.
It's why Violex is such an idiotic fuckwit. "Ohhh I'm a gender fluid non binary female". *gag* fuck off ya cunt with your stupid bullshit, we're all people, you're not a special snow flake you're just another fucking twat.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
12-12-2016, 09:37 AM
I'm willing to concede that gender may be like sexuality, a spectrum as opposed to a binary one-or-the-other system. I will address people by the pronouns of their choosing, and I think people should have affordable access and insurance coverage for whatever surgeries and medications they need to reach a gender "expression" that matches the gender they identify with. I also couldn't care less what bathrooms and locker rooms trans people use. Go where you're comfortable pissing. If there's any time a human being deserves comfort that's it. If I had known a friend for a long time who suddenly revealed they were actually a different gender it wouldn't change my feelings about them in the slightest.

My view on gender is essentially the same as my view on just about every other possible attribute a person can have, from orientation to race to physical handicap etc. I'm a believer in true equality... you're not fucking special. You're neither greater than nor less than, you're just another person. I'll do what I can to make sure you get a fair shake, Hell, maybe you should even have a slight edge in some transactions given how historically screwed-over your people have been, but I'm not particularly interested in your journey from one gender to another. I don't give a fuck quite frankly.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
12-12-2016, 09:53 AM
I think it's better to adjust to what a transsexual would want me to call him/her after I've actually met and know the person. Some of these posts speak as if I need to know and speak to every person I meet on the street, so that they can feel good or whatever about who they are. I don't have time for that, I got shit to do.

Just make sure the government protects every citizen of the state with the same rights. After that's secure, feel free to be the fucking Thing for all I care.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
12-12-2016, 10:31 AM
When my daughter (she's trans) was about two and a half years old I could tell she was more delicate than the other little boys her age but I'd never been a parent so I just thought that little boys could be that way too. She just wasn't a rough and tumble kid. I was raised around 6 older brothers who were totally wild and took crazy chances all the time and that's what I was comparing her to. After a few years I just thought, oh well, there's all kinds of maleness and she (he at the time) was just the studious type. She'd bury her head in a book and read for hours.

When she came out to me at 18 it all made sense but I have to admit that when she was between 10 and 16 years old husband and I really tried to "man her up". We tried all kinds of sports and the usual "manly" stuff. My husband would take her bow hunting in the Oregon wilderness. I don't know how much more manly one could get than that.

Anyway, it turned out ok. She's super smart. I've read that many transgender people have a high IQ and it may be the way the brain was constructed during gestation but it's probably more to do with trying to escape from themselves in books and looking for answers online as to why they feel the way they do. She was a very early reader. So I have an incredibly smart, very nice transgender daughter which is great. I'd rather have a bright, intelligent transgender daughter than a dumb, ignorant straight son any day of the week. Yes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Yes, Muffs, I'm an idiot. You figured me out. Dodgy

Let's just not worry about neuroscience, and focus entirely on your disdain for new terms to describe "new" phenomena (which aren't new... just not previously recognized), and your desire to win points among people who'd rather not have to deal with something beyond your personal experience.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
12-12-2016, 11:59 AM
(12-12-2016 08:48 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You're an idiot.
I really can't be bothered right now because I'm tired and it's 4am.
So here's the short version.

You are either born male or female.
You identify as "human".
This idea that someone "feels" female is fucking bullshit. It's like some twat saying he feels like he's a wolf, or shark as you put it. It's fucking stupid. You ain't a fucking wolf or a fucking shark, you're a human. Just as you aint a women, you're a male. That's just what you were born as so deal with it. If you want a sex change that's fine. If you wanna be a transgender and cross dress and call yourself a women that's fine. But you're not a fucking women, you got a dick so you're a man.

But there's nothing wrong with wanting to be a women, or liking traditional women things such as dresses and shit. That's who you are AS A PERSON. The moment you put a label to that "non-binary" or whatever the retarded fuck shit the kids do these days, you're a fucking moron.

You're trying to group people. I'm saying there's just "people". There's no female or male or non-binary, just "people". Female and male describe if you have a v or a p, irregardless of you as a person.

This 'liberal pc' shit I'm talking about is these labels.
They're trying to make everyone feel special and shit, it's fucking disgusting.
It's why Violex is such an idiotic fuckwit. "Ohhh I'm a gender fluid non binary female". *gag* fuck off ya cunt with your stupid bullshit, we're all people, you're not a special snow flake you're just another fucking twat.
You're just plain wrong.

People don't choose to be gay. They just are. You can't choose to be attracted to the same sex. And if you're gay, you can't choose to be attracted to the opposite sex. For many heterosexuals (probably most), they just don't understand how someone can be gay - because they aren't gay themselves. It makes it very difficult to put themselves in someone else's shoes on the subject so they tend to believe it's a decision; a free choice. But it's not.

The same is true for gender. No man wants to feel like a woman. Facepalm But there are biological men who do feel like women. How this happens is very similar to how it happens with homosexuals. And then there are people like you who can't imagine how this is possible so you assert that it can't be - even call people "idiot" who know differently. Well, you are no more right than the heterosexuals that deny homosexuality is biologically based.

Do you honestly think people would go so far as to have sex-change operations and then put up with the social stigma associated with that too out of a mere choice? Those people don't choose, they are compelled.

And I'm really tired of the "pc" crutch that too many use in an attempt to dismiss their own ignorance. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post