What Kind of Car Do You Drive, and Why?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2017, 03:17 PM
What Kind of Car Do You Drive, and Why?
Honestly, not looking to make this a dick-measuring contest or gossipy sewing circle; my car's really nothing to write home about. Just wanted to get a sense of what kinds of cars people on this site tend to go for, and why it works for them.

My car is a 2.5 l4 Nissan Altima, roughly 10-years old.

[Image: used-2007-nissan-altima-4drsedani4cvt25s...1-1024.jpg]

It's pretty basic, and gets an estimated 27 miles per gallon. Bought it after college from a family friend for about 5K. It gets me up and down the highway and around the suburbs without too many problems. Lately however, I'm planning for the future and have been looking for something a lot less energy-intensive.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." -Julius Caesar
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2017, 03:21 PM
RE: What Kind of Car Do You Drive, and Why?
None.

Dunno what that says about the size of my dick.

Blush

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
27-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Also none for me. I have a clunky hybrid bicycle that I use for commuting, grocery shopping, etc. and a very nice luxury bicycle (would you believe it cost over $10,000?) that I use for recreational riding on the weekends (in nice weather only, so it may stay in my apartment until next spring). You might conclude that anyone with a $10,000 bicycle must have a very tiny dick, but I'm not talking. At my age (going on 63), the size is really irrelevant anyway.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
27-10-2017, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2017 03:52 PM by jennybee.)
Right now I have a Jeep for hiking and outdoorsy purposes. I like going to the mountains, so I feel safe in it on winding mountain roads, but I'd really like to get rid of it at some point and get a more eco friendly car.

[Image: 1319052987_little_girl_rides_jeep_like_a_boss.gif]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
27-10-2017, 03:52 PM
(27-10-2017 03:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  but I'd really like to get rid of it at some point and get a more eco friendly car.

Get a Tesla, it even pulls itself out of a garage for you. Perfect for eco friendly and women drivers Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
27-10-2017, 03:53 PM
(27-10-2017 03:52 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-10-2017 03:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  but I'd really like to get rid of it at some point and get a more eco friendly car.

Get a Tesla, it even pulls itself out of a garage for you. Perfect for eco friendly and women drivers Tongue

Dodgy Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
27-10-2017, 05:01 PM
I drive whatever car my parents give me to drive.
27-10-2017, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2017 07:39 PM by Anjele.)
I have a 2016 Buick Encore. I had to get rid of my other car because it was destroyed by a freak hail storm. The car was my husband's idea as it meant we could get a good deal at the same dealership (his truck was trashed by the storm too).

It's small and easy to maneuver. I am almost always the only person in it so it fits my needs. It's comfortable where my old car was lacking in comfort....this one is quiet and the driver's seat is good. I get almost 32 mpg and all my driving is in town...lots of stop and go. A tank of gas generally costs me around 20 bucks and lasts close to two weeks.

We had winter weather for about a week last year so I don't know how it will handle on wintery roads. I have a hunch I will find out this year.

edit - a photo of mine right after I got it...

[Image: Chk5U68.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Ford Edge, 4 drive, big enough to haul my menagerie and their supplies, rough enough to go on bad roads and snow. I'm very happy with it.

[Image: edge.jpg]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-10-2017, 06:40 PM
I drive a Hyundai Elantra. I got it because I needed a station wagon/hatchback for my instruments/equipment. It's about six years old, and I'm planning to drive it for at least another four or five.

I miss my Saturn, though. A great car, nothing went wrong with it for the first nine years I had it. It accelerated beautifully and handled very well in the snow. My Hyundai is terrible in snow.