What Kind of Car Do You Drive, and Why?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2017, 08:29 AM
RE: What Kind of Car Do You Drive, and Why?
I drive a Volvo XC70. It's a great car. Very safe too.

[Image: 864269ad0f6e6191ff3710f8f584e410x.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
28-10-2017, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2017 09:04 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
95 Ford Ranger, 4-cylinder, 5-speed standard transmission. I live about 30 miles outside Austin, so I want a truck for when I need to haul cargo. I got the powertrain I wanted in order to maximize fuel efficiency, and it gets good mileage for a truck: 26 hwy, which is where it sees most driving.

[Image: 2yx3u68.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
28-10-2017, 08:51 AM
Because there has to be one in every crowd: I'm still driving a 1991 Chevy S-10 Blazer SUV. I keep looking at new vehicles that have nice things like backup cameras, all-wheel drive, and airbags. And better gas mileage. But then I get irritated at all of the junk on the steering wheel. My vehicle has a nice, clean steering wheel with just a horn. No buttons. An airbag would be nice to have, but without all the buttons. I would also like a console with a backup camera and a radio, with perhaps, a plug-in for a cell phone or mp3 player. I do not want a console that looks like I'm getting ready for a takeoff in a 747, with a programming manual thicker than the local phone book. (Of course, I live in a sparsely populated rural area, so the phone book isn't that big.) Seriously. I have a vehicle to get places. I don't need 14 different ways to be entertained while en route. And did I mention that I hate touch screens? On mp3 players, e-book readers, and small laptops - fine. Not in a moving vehicle. And I can drive the Blazer down into my back field without worrying about the blackberry brambles, because a few more scratches will just blend in. And I can leave it in a parking lot while shopping without worrying that someone will steal it. So I keep putting off getting something new.

So, all of you danged kids, get off my driveway! Hobo (Because, no backup camera.) Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
28-10-2017, 09:11 AM
(28-10-2017 08:51 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  Because there has to be one in every crowd: I'm still driving a 1991 Chevy S-10 Blazer SUV. I keep looking at new vehicles that have nice things like backup cameras, all-wheel drive, and airbags. And better gas mileage. But then I get irritated at all of the junk on the steering wheel. My vehicle has a nice, clean steering wheel with just a horn. No buttons. An airbag would be nice to have, but without all the buttons. I would also like a console with a backup camera and a radio, with perhaps, a plug-in for a cell phone or mp3 player. I do not want a console that looks like I'm getting ready for a takeoff in a 747, with a programming manual thicker than the local phone book. (Of course, I live in a sparsely populated rural area, so the phone book isn't that big.) Seriously. I have a vehicle to get places. I don't need 14 different ways to be entertained while en route. And did I mention that I hate touch screens? On mp3 players, e-book readers, and small laptops - fine. Not in a moving vehicle. And I can drive the Blazer down into my back field without worrying about the blackberry brambles, because a few more scratches will just blend in. And I can leave it in a parking lot while shopping without worrying that someone will steal it. So I keep putting off getting something new.

So, all of you danged kids, get off my driveway! Hobo (Because, no backup camera.) Big Grin

Oh I had one of those (later year model). Was a great vehicle but it wouldn't pass the emissions inspection here after a while. We spent too much trying to get it to pass. Finally gave up and it went to a daughter in another state. It was no frills too.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-10-2017, 09:32 AM
I have a car with wheels reason being they run better that way Drinking Beverage
28-10-2017, 09:37 AM
(28-10-2017 09:32 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I have a car with wheels reason being they run better that way Drinking Beverage
Oh, they will run just fine without wheels. They just won't go anywhere.

Girl_nails
28-10-2017, 09:59 AM
(28-10-2017 08:50 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  95 Ford Ranger, 4-cylinder, 5-speed standard transmission. I live about 30 miles outside Austin, so I want a truck for when I need to haul cargo. I got the powertrain I wanted in order to maximize fuel efficiency, and it gets good mileage for a truck: 26 hwy, which is where it sees most driving.

I just checked Wiki. Boy this thing is really fuel efficient for a truck. At first i couldnt believe its really a 4cyl (Yanks? 4cyl truck? Laugh out load Laugh out load Consider ).

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
28-10-2017, 10:21 AM
(28-10-2017 09:37 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(28-10-2017 09:32 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I have a car with wheels reason being they run better that way Drinking Beverage
Oh, they will run just fine without wheels. They just won't go anywhere.

Girl_nails

Lols Laugh out load Very true.
28-10-2017, 10:41 AM
2017 Chevy Equinox (stock photo)

[Image: 2017-equinox.png]

Because my wife wanted a bigger car, I do love the extra cargo space.

4-cylinder ecotec engine. For better fuel economy and...no power Dodgy
Auto-car start- cause winter sucks
heated seats & side mirrors - cause winter sucks
Also has a rearview camera that is totally useless in the winter.

Bluetooth for hands free voice dialing when linked to my phone, can also read out any text messages you get, which can be hilarious when it tries to read emojies like they're words & short forms like LOL, FFS or WTF...etc. Laugh out load
Also the American English really butchers French words. Hobo

There's also an app that I can download so that I can start the car with my phone as well as unlock other features, but I'm too chicken to try that yet cause I'm worried about someone being able to hack my car thru my phone.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
28-10-2017, 10:45 AM
(28-10-2017 09:59 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(28-10-2017 08:50 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  95 Ford Ranger, 4-cylinder, 5-speed standard transmission. I live about 30 miles outside Austin, so I want a truck for when I need to haul cargo. I got the powertrain I wanted in order to maximize fuel efficiency, and it gets good mileage for a truck: 26 hwy, which is where it sees most driving.

I just checked Wiki. Boy this thing is really fuel efficient for a truck. At first i couldnt believe its really a 4cyl (Yanks? 4cyl truck? Laugh out load Laugh out load Consider ).

Well, I'm not trying to brag or anything, but I don't have any compensation issues. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post