What Kind of Driverless Car are you going to buy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2015, 05:28 AM
What Kind of Driverless Car are you going to buy?
You could be driving and suddenly, "out of no where" pops 4 people running into your path. You hit the brakes but the car just isn't going to stop in time. Do you plow into the group or swerve and crash into a wall at 60 mph or drive off a cliff?

You may never have to face this situation. But a situation you may very soon have to face is should you buy the Driverless Ford, which is programmed to favor your life or the Driverless Chevy....which is programmed to favor the lives of the pedestrians?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2015, 06:22 AM
RE: What Kind of Driverless Car are you going to buy?
Whenever I buy a car the first thought is "Will it fit my drums or percussion set?

All else is meaningless. Smile

Car technology blows my mind. Cameras everywhere, warnings is you deviate from your path. Virtually silent engines....

Hopefully if I ever drive again I wont hit anyone.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
25-09-2015, 06:28 AM
(25-09-2015 05:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You could be driving and suddenly, "out of no where" pops 4 people running into your path. You hit the brakes but the car just isn't going to stop in time. Do you plow into the group or swerve and crash into a wall at 60 mph or drive off a cliff?

Tell me more about the four people.

Are they priests?

Angel

[+] 11 users Like DLJ's post
25-09-2015, 06:35 AM
(25-09-2015 06:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 05:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You could be driving and suddenly, "out of no where" pops 4 people running into your path. You hit the brakes but the car just isn't going to stop in time. Do you plow into the group or swerve and crash into a wall at 60 mph or drive off a cliff?

Are they priests?

Angel

[Image: 8dffdf230fba1101ed11f4b856121fe0.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
25-09-2015, 07:01 AM
Maybe there's a switch just like the 4wd, front wheel drive switch.

You could select -kill the most pedestrians

Or maybe- kill the most animals

Or -kill me first

You could change it depending on your mood, the amount of medication you took that day, etc.

Actually, I'm looking forward to these things, consider the enormous mistakes that people make all of the time - driving drunk, texting, eating, not paying attention, etc. etc.
It's not that this technology will be perfect, but I'm betting that it can significantly surpass the margin of safety that manual human operation provides.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
25-09-2015, 07:10 AM

You may never have to face this situation. But a situation you may very soon have to face is should you buy the Driverless Ford, which is programmed to favor your life or the Driverless Chevy....which is programmed to favor the lives of the pedestrians?

So I'm in a driverless car, which means that my car will almost certainly have been exactly where it is supposed to be on the road and at the exact speed it should have been.

I'm not sending myself into a wall or off a cliff because 4 people don't know how to pay attention to the road or its laws.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 7 users Like Free Thought's post
25-09-2015, 07:11 AM
(25-09-2015 06:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Are they priests?

Angel

You get more points for hitting nuns. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-09-2015, 07:11 AM
(25-09-2015 07:01 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  ...
Actually, I'm looking forward to these things, consider the enormous mistakes that people make all of the time - driving drunk, texting, eating, not paying attention, etc. etc.

Less Darwin awards... makes Charlie sad.

[Image: darwin-portrait1.jpg?w=584]

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
25-09-2015, 07:16 AM
(25-09-2015 07:10 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  

So I'm in a driverless car, which means that my car will almost certainly have been exactly where it is supposed to be on the road and at the exact speed it should have been.

I'm not sending myself into a wall or off a cliff because 4 people don't know how to pay attention to the road or its laws.

Fair enough.

Have you got your shit together already mate?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
25-09-2015, 07:35 AM
(25-09-2015 07:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 07:01 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  ...

Less Darwin awards... makes Charlie sad.

[Image: darwin-portrait1.jpg?w=584]

Some day humans are gonna wonder why in hell Homo sapiens ever drove around self-propelled little death traps at high speeds.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post