What Kind of Person Calls a Mass Shooting a Hoax?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-12-2015, 07:20 PM
RE: What Kind of Person Calls a Mass Shooting a Hoax?
For the same reason people call the Holocaust, WWII, WWI, The Civil War, The moon Landing, Democracy, Evolution, the world being round, the earth rotating around the sun, Black Holes, or anything else a hoax.

They are simply retarded.

Retards are retards not because they simply choose to be, but because they have a mental illness. This mental illness needs to be purged from society as unlike other illnesses, it is contagious through simple spoken words and text alone. They are a blight and an infestation on our world that spreads by infecting others with their ideas. That is what kind of a person they are. That is the kind of person who calls a mass shooting a hoax.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2015, 01:00 PM
There's a significant group out there, that seek to draw attention to themselves, to gain notoriety at other people's expense. People like Alex Jones know they can keep the hits going to their videos, website, etc. by playing off of people's paranoia.

This kind of fraud is rampant in religious circles as well, how else do clowns like Kent Hovind keep getting away with lying about science, talking in conspiratorial terms about "evolutionists" and such.

It's quite a plague on legitimate discourse and it filters down through people who believe in it, where we see them pop up on internet forums and other places throwing their feces around.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
13-12-2015, 02:33 PM
I have no idea what Alex Jones believes or what his actual agenda is. I find him to be pretty disgusting and suspect he's a charlatan, but, by himself, he's powerless. The real question is why do people follow him? Why are people willing to listen to him? I don't spend a whole lot of time focusing on what this moron puts on his website or radio show, but, from what I can gather, he claims there has never been a mass shooting in this country and they are all "false flags". And, there are people who are willing to follow him over the cliff.

Why?

I suspect part of it is the human need to pretend we can control things. But, I think another part is an unwillingness to consider facts and events that are inconsistent with our predetermined point of view. And, this problem cuts both ways. For example, I have a crazy cousin who is to the left what an Alex Jones follower is to the right - just off the wall batshit crazy. He will believe ANY batshit leftist conspiracy theory as long as it's consistent with his preconceived notions. Case in point, the recent shootings by 2 crazed Muslims out in San Bernardino, California. My cousin has latched onto the idea that letting Syrian refugees into this country poses absolutely not potential threat or ris and has gone a step further and decided that only white christians are behind mass shootings. He posted some links in the hours after that shooting that said the shooters were white and later that it was staged by the government to push an anti-Muslim agenda. Tell him the planned parenthood shootings were fake and he will lose his mind on you, but tell him these shootings were fake and he's willing to seriously consider it. Why? Because one of those crazy ideas conforms with his point of view and the other does not.

The inability for people to think critically and question things is a real problem in this country. Having cable "news" networks and internet sites that are anything but news that blast paranoid reinforcement to people 24/7/365 ain't helping either.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post