What Makes Demons Evil? Why Are They Evil?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2017, 04:13 AM
RE: What Makes Demons Evil? Why Are They Evil?
(03-09-2017 02:51 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 12:12 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  To each his own I guess.

I like epic feel of Dicefreaks world.

I got nothing against, just the Forgotten Realms is far older and more familiar to me personally. I've read most of R.A. Salvatore's work in the world. Most of the D&D games I've played, including some of the most beloved and timeless classics in their own right (such as Baldur's Gate 1 & 2), take place in that world. Back when I still regularly played D&D, our group ran Forgotten Realms campaigns exclusively. In short, I'm already invested.
I read couple of books from there - Drizzt adventures and some anthology but it didn't caught my interest like Witcher for example.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
03-09-2017, 04:21 AM
(03-09-2017 04:13 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 02:51 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I got nothing against, just the Forgotten Realms is far older and more familiar to me personally. I've read most of R.A. Salvatore's work in the world. Most of the D&D games I've played, including some of the most beloved and timeless classics in their own right (such as Baldur's Gate 1 & 2), take place in that world. Back when I still regularly played D&D, our group ran Forgotten Realms campaigns exclusively. In short, I'm already invested.
I read couple of books from there - Drizzt adventures and some anthology but it didn't caught my interest like Witcher for example.

I really need to read those, as I did enjoy the games a lot.

Also, Triss is my waifu.

[Image: tumblr_nwbx77klQs1r2s4ero3_500.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
03-09-2017, 04:27 AM
(03-09-2017 04:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 04:13 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I read couple of books from there - Drizzt adventures and some anthology but it didn't caught my interest like Witcher for example.

I really need to read those, as I did enjoy the games a lot.

Also, Triss is my waifu.

[Image: tumblr_nwbx77klQs1r2s4ero3_500.gif]
I heard that translation was subpar but I've never saw English version. Book is worthy of reading however.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
05-09-2017, 05:38 PM
I think, in the view of a Christian, demons are evil because they have forsaken God. It's the same reason Christians believe sin to be evil: because it forgoes God's laws.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
[+] 1 user Likes Naielis's post
06-09-2017, 11:05 AM
(28-08-2017 06:43 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Now I watch Ghost Hunters, A Haunting, and such other shows, knowing most of them are staged and such...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. Do you think some of these encounters with otherworldly entities are real?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
06-09-2017, 11:07 AM
Their horns. Or horny, I can't remember which one it is Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
06-09-2017, 11:51 AM
RE: What Makes Demons Evil? Why Ki Are They Evil?
(28-08-2017 06:43 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Taking a Philosophy class, and starting to get around to questioning things more. One such thing came to the topic of demons and spirits.

Now I watch Ghost Hunters, A Haunting, and such other shows, knowing most of them are staged and such. It makes for something scary and thrilling to watch at times. But this question came to mind as I watch mostly the ones that involve demons as they tend to be better stories.

Why are demons evil? What makes them evil?

Often times you get back to the pages of the bible. But to say they are the damned souls of those in hell as demons, as some shows and religions put it, why are they always considered evil? I would think, hypothetically speaking that Heaven and Hell even exist, if you were damned then managed to get back to the human plain, why would you do things evil that you did in life?

Why waste a chance again of being on earth again by drawing attention to yourself? You already know what more evil deeds do, so why do them again? If humans really to learn their lessons through punishment, would a soul that escaped hell back to the earth again do more evil deeds?

It's kind of the things that some people bring up about prisoners who escape prison. Everyone thinks they are, if they live around a prison, are in danger of a break out. But it's been shown that prisoner are getting the hell away from the prison, they won't stick around to be caught again. Most of the time when they escape they are miles away from the place they escaped.

Bringing me back to the point of demons, if they are humans who are damned and turned into demon over time, you'd think they'd be edger not to draw attention to themselves and get as far away from Hell as possible.

I just thought of this when I watch these shows. Should they exist, which I know they don't, why are they bothering the living so much with such obvious methods that they are demonic. You'd think they'd learn 'Hey if I do this they'll just send me back! After I worked so damn hard to get out.'

The bible, and other religious texts automatically say they are all evil. But would you ever know a demon was in you're house. Who knows what they are doing, maybe how they are portrayed are all lies. I found it funny how it's always the same story with religious people when it comes to demons. But if this all was true, you'd never know it was in your house as it never bothers to let you know it's their. Thus, should this by hypothetically possible, it's never reported.

This is speaking on the idea of they exist. Which many here know they don't. But this is Philosophy, so I feel it's valid to try and argue on the idea these things exist to come to an answer or something close to one, if that makes sense.
ALL of those programs are staged, its big money for them, why do you think they display a disclaimer that the shows are for entertainment purposes only ? There is absolutely no evidence of post mortem survival of the personality/ human consciousness its also a biological impossibility. Theologically demons are fallen angels. It is theologically and biblically impossible for an angel or a demon to come from a human. It should be self evident to any true skeptic that all of this is totally bollocks and is of very little if any value philosophically.
12-09-2017, 05:14 PM
(28-08-2017 06:43 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Why are demons evil? What makes them evil?

You are attempting to make sense out of the senseless.

I wish you the best of luck with that, but hope you have a high tolerance for failure. Dodgy

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
12-09-2017, 06:00 PM
Read The Quintara Marathon by Jack L. Chalker.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2017, 06:14 PM
Bifurcated penises, and their love of anal? Unsure