What Makes Demons Evil? Why Are They Evil?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2017, 06:17 PM
RE: What Makes Demons Evil? Why Are They Evil?
(12-09-2017 05:14 PM)Dr H Wrote:  You are attempting to make sense out of the senseless.

Is what we're programmed to do: "The human mind abhors a vacuum of sense. When faced with an absurdity, it strains its interpretative faculty to the utmost, to make the meaningless meaningful."

Which explains a lot Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2017, 03:30 PM
(12-09-2017 06:17 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(12-09-2017 05:14 PM)Dr H Wrote:  You are attempting to make sense out of the senseless.

Is what we're programmed to do: "The human mind abhors a vacuum of sense. When faced with an absurdity, it strains its interpretative faculty to the utmost, to make the meaningless meaningful."

Which explains a lot Dodgy

It certainly does fill a lot of otherwise idle time, I agree.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
14-09-2017, 01:47 AM
I find it interesting how demons now pervade popular culture. Not too long ago, demons were pretty rare in horror movies - that's why "The Exorcist" was so influential. The ghost doing the haunting in movies of yore was looking for resolution of some kind so it could rest. Now, all hauntings are demonic. I guess ghosts trying to expose their murderers just isn’t scary enough any more.
14-09-2017, 04:01 AM
(12-09-2017 06:14 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Bifurcated penises, and their love of anal? Unsure

TMI!!! Sadcryface

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-09-2017, 04:06 AM
(14-09-2017 04:01 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(12-09-2017 06:14 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Bifurcated penises, and their love of anal? Unsure

TMI!!! Sadcryface

[Image: tumblr_lsw4icURtP1qjse3oo1_500.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-09-2017, 07:44 AM
I wouldn't believe in Demons except people keep insisting that I am one.
And more proud I could not be.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 2 users Like BikerDude's post
16-09-2017, 02:38 PM
The Urantia book paints the devil and his followers as the first Atheists. That Lucifer's flaw was not that he had pride but he started to believe that there wasn't a god. It basically presents that Lucifer questioned the whole assumed order of things and felt wronged that Michael (Jesus) had a position that Lucifer was told was divine, even though this ultimate, amazing, invisible god had never been seen and could not be seen. In the bible Lucifer is RIGHT FREAKING WHERE God is but still has pride. (So lame and so incriminates God for allowing this flaw long before earth came to be and humans were made)

In the Urantia book God is invisible and unable to be seen, but there are beings and an order of angelic beings (space dudes if you will) who have had this sense of order for a long, long, time. And Lucifer comes and starts wearing a Question Everything shirt (I made that up) and gets in the face of other beings (like him) who tell him that he has to play a part in this. He then starts to express that he doesn't believe in a god and wants proof. He then publicly states (on a massive, galactic scale) that God does not exist and that the order of beings made up God to enthrone their power over everything. He then gets stripped of his place and held in confinement until a time where he will be judged. Now, I don't believe that at all. I used to read the Urantia book but it got proven wrong at different points. I just found it an interesting alternative to the sparse, only hinted at problem of Lucifer in the bible.

Regarding demons, I have watched a ton of Bob Larson exorcism videos and one would think that ancient beings, who had experienced the divine, would be so rich in history and education. That they would be, even if stripped of all light, be so world wise that they would not fall for stupid parlor tricks. I would imagine they would spew unthinkable calculations, riddles, and twisted, worldly truths at their accusers. I imagine that they would, just for fun, speak in a thousand languages with but a cluck of the tongue. But nope, exorcisms tend to have common tongued specters whose idea of exerting authority is to growl, make large eyes, or stick out the tongue. When I witnessed Bob Larson, and one other person MISQUOTE scripture and I saw that the "demon" did not call them on that, and then acted in pain as though the misapplied verse had dominion, it was the nail in the coffin that such dark events are most likely phantoms of the mind, instead of the spirit world. The sad people who believe they are possessed, and show up to be filmed are probably revealing a mental illness or issue, or giving a personality to a darker part of their mind. Sad that a demon can possess a doll, or be passed on by sex, but can't actually cause any supernatural destructive event. It is almost like they don't exist. And they don't.

Informed by science. Inspired by art. Motivated by compassion.
16-09-2017, 06:33 PM
The Urantia book sounds like bullshit.
16-09-2017, 10:52 PM
(16-09-2017 06:33 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The Urantia book sounds like bullshit.

It is. It makes the only irredeemable villains in the world, or any world to be the Atheists. It is channeled fiction, but, I gotta admit that it had the attraction that EVERY SINGLE PERSON would be schooled on how to stop doing wrong after they woke up after this life. It wasn't some divine judgment piece. Just 50s science fiction that was pretty interesting. But, I would not be mentioning it here if I believed in it. Nor would I belong on an Atheist site.

Informed by science. Inspired by art. Motivated by compassion.
23-09-2017, 03:30 AM
Forget demons.

In the Christian bible, God is imagistically such one iniquitous gardener. He is worse than the most terrorising Satan imaginable.

In reading it, the first clear-cut impressions are -

1. He is the unholiest rapist.
2. He is the pettiest liar.
3. He is the most ruthless arbiter.
4. He is the most envious jerk.
5. He is nefariously so on.

All religions to date are nothing of any sort that fits in with my definition and standards of what is god.
- Allures Sanguises