What Mormons Believe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2014, 01:29 AM
Video What Mormons Believe
Yep...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2014, 01:38 AM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2014 01:50 AM by Raptor Jesus.)
RE: What Mormons Believe
Although, to be fair, take some of it with a grain of salt. For instance I don't believe that Mormons actually believe "Adam" and "Eve", were actually "God" and his wife, come to earth to start the human race. But they do believe that "God" and his wive/s had spirit babies, whose souls then populated the bodies of the people on earth, there by still making it true that we are all "God's" children. Though their prophet, Brigham Young, is the one who claimed that "Adam" and "Eve" were actually "God" and his wife, so that was true of Mormonism at one point at least. How widely accepted that is today, I'm not sure.

There is precedence for finding all of this in Mormon scripture, or prophesy, or deceleration of some form or another. However, whether it is all still considered to be true, as described in the cartoon, to this day, depends on how the Mormon Church as evolved to see their own history. Thus my saying, take it with a grain to salt.

Fairly, fairly...pretty accurate though. Pretty much most all of it.

24-01-2014, 08:56 AM
(24-01-2014 01:38 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Although, to be fair, take some of it with a grain of salt. For instance I don't believe that Mormons actually believe "Adam" and "Eve", were actually "God" and his wife, come to earth to start the human race. But they do believe that "God" and his wive/s had spirit babies, whose souls then populated the bodies of the people on earth, there by still making it true that we are all "God's" children. Though their prophet, Brigham Young, is the one who claimed that "Adam" and "Eve" were actually "God" and his wife, so that was true of Mormonism at one point at least. How widely accepted that is today, I'm not sure.

There is precedence for finding all of this in Mormon scripture, or prophesy, or deceleration of some form or another. However, whether it is all still considered to be true, as described in the cartoon, to this day, depends on how the Mormon Church as evolved to see their own history. Thus my saying, take it with a grain to salt.

If only half of it is accurate, it's batshit crazy. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2014, 09:09 AM
(24-01-2014 01:38 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Although, to be fair, take some of it with a grain of salt. For instance I don't believe that Mormons actually believe "Adam" and "Eve", were actually "God" and his wife, come to earth to start the human race. But they do believe that "God" and his wive/s had spirit babies, whose souls then populated the bodies of the people on earth, there by still making it true that we are all "God's" children. Though their prophet, Brigham Young, is the one who claimed that "Adam" and "Eve" were actually "God" and his wife, so that was true of Mormonism at one point at least. How widely accepted that is today, I'm not sure.

They do believe Adam was God. Again, it's something that you found out much further down the road back in the day, prior to there being so much information available to non Mormons online. But, yes, that is correct doctrine.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
24-01-2014, 09:32 AM
(24-01-2014 09:09 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  They do believe Adam was God. Again, it's something that you found out much further down the road back in the day, prior to there being so much information available to non Mormons online. But, yes, that is correct doctrine.

I know that that was Mormon doctrine, back in the day. But I thought, same as with the ban on blacks in the priesthood, they changed that later? In however much one can actualy change divine revalation from "God".

I also realize that individuals in a religion have individual ideas of their beliefs, but Mormons on the whole seem pretty homogeneous in their beliefs. Or as you point out, may not agree with it but only because they don't know they are meant to believe it. But is this still a Modern day doctrine, but just something they quietly hide in the other room?

24-01-2014, 09:37 AM
(24-01-2014 09:32 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 09:09 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  They do believe Adam was God. Again, it's something that you found out much further down the road back in the day, prior to there being so much information available to non Mormons online. But, yes, that is correct doctrine.

I know that that was Mormon doctrine, back in the day. But I thought, same as with the ban on blacks in the priesthood, they changed that later? In however much one can actualy change divine revalation from "God".

I also realize that individuals in a religion have individual ideas of their beliefs, but Mormons on the whole seem pretty homogeneous in their beliefs. Or as you point out, may not agree with it but only because they don't know they are meant to believe it. But is this still a Modern day doctrine, but just something they quietly hide in the other room?

Yeah, just double checked, scratch that. My memory is hazy on some things, it was over 20 years ago. ... Joseph Smith taught it, that I remembered reading about at the time in some non Mormon sanctioned literature but it did end up being rejected at a later date. ... my bad! Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
24-01-2014, 09:39 AM
(24-01-2014 08:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  

If only half of it is accurate, it's batshit crazy. Drinking Beverage

I do know, because I’ve looked into it in the past, that almost every single part of it is accurate. There are small things I'm not sure of, but that does not mean they are inaccurate things. Just things I don't know for sure if they do believe or still believe (like the "God"/Adam thing), or if it’s was once accepted doctrine, but no longer. But for all I know, even the bits I do not for sure know are accurate, in fact are.

So yeah, seems to be pretty, pretty legit.

24-01-2014, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2014 11:40 AM by Raptor Jesus.)
(24-01-2014 09:37 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Yeah, just double checked, scratch that. My memory is hazy on some things, it was over 20 years ago. ... Joseph Smith taught it, that I remembered reading about at the time in some non Mormon sanctioned literature but it did end up being rejected at a later date. ... my bad! Smile

Okay, what about the neutral angels being turned black?

What I understand of this, the skin of people on earth was turn black, or some shade of brown, for being bad here on earth, i.e., Cain and the Native Americans. I don’t recall the neutral angel’s skin turning black. I’m not saying it didn’t happen, but I don’t remember if that is accurate. But I understand it as this, those angels that remained neutral were the ones whose spirits were placed in the bodies of the decedents of the original black people, i.e., decedents of Cain.

Our spirits exist before we are born as the product of “God” and his wife/s having “spirit children” in heaven. That’s our prelife, preexistence, and when we are born those “spirit children” are where our own spirit or soul comes from, which then has a physical life on the earth, before we die and our spirit continues on.

So despite the fact that it was Cain who was being punished with dark skin, it is justified that all his offspring are born bad because they were originally the bad “neutral” angels in the prelife. So all black, and dark skinned people were already bad before they were born. Were already born bad. Thus becoming a justification for mistreatment of blacks, and all darker skinned people, as being born more inherently bad than white “delightsome” people.

So the question is this part, where the angels turn black while still in heaven? I just don’t remember reading that part.

24-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Yes. The overall premise for the time it was produced is reasonably accurate. In the early 90s, when I looked in to all of this, they knew even then how fucking mental it all sounded. The whole pitch was like, 'we're a regular Christian church but the difference is we are true because the authority of christ has been restored to earth'. ... Then they dropped the crazy bombs one at a time in a very sugar coated way. A lot of the time with appeal to the ego. Like 'yes, Elder Andy, we did practice polygamy, you know the history of the church and how we were persecuted. Many women had their husbands killed during this time, so other righteous men would take the widow in to their family, like a righteous man such as yourself would do if God commanded it. I know you're very open to the spirit Andy, so don't take my word for it, pray on the matter.' ... and other such horse shit. ... The Mormon church is huge and is looked at by most as a legitimate religion but my experience of it was that it was a successful cult disguised as main stream Christianity.

Im_Ryan forum member
24-01-2014, 10:04 AM
(24-01-2014 09:56 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 09:37 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Yeah, just double checked, scratch that. My memory is hazy on some things, it was over 20 years ago. ... Joseph Smith taught it, that I remembered reading about at the time in some non Mormon sanctioned literature but it did end up being rejected at a later date. ... my bad! Smile

Okay, what about the neutral angels being turned black?

What I understand of this, the skin of people on earth was turn black, or some shade of brown, for being bad here on earth, i.e., Cain and the Native Americans. I don’t recall the neutral angel’s skin turning black. I’m not saying it didn’t happen, but I don’t remember if that is accurate. But I understand it as this, those angels that remained neutral were the ones whose spirits were placed in the bodies of the decedents of the original black people, i.e., decedents of Cain.

Our spirits exist before we are born as the product of “God” and his wife/s having “spirit children” in heaven. That’s our prelife, preexistence, and when we are born those “spirit children” are where our own spirit or soul comes from, which then has a physical life on the earth, before we die and our spirit continues on.

So despite the fact that it was Cain who was being punished with dark skin, it is justified that all his offspring are born bad because they were originally the bad “neutral” angels in the prelife. So all black, and dark skinned people were already bad before they were born. Were already born bad. Thus becoming a justification for mistreatment of blacks, and all darker skinned people, as being born more inherently bad than white “delightsome” people.

So the question is this part, were the angels turn black while still in heaven? I just don’t remember reading that part.

I don't know, in Mormon doctrine it doesn't matter. In pre-existence, we didn't have physical bodies so I don't know if we were a colour. The idea is when we pass through the veil (we are born) we loose all memory of pre-existence, evil doers being turned black on earth (Cain) will be part of Jesus' master plan. There is an inferior race to put the 'bad' spirits in to you see. Once someone like me (white) becomes 'enlightened' a Mormon. I am made aware of this, so that I understand blacks were lesser than me in pre existence but more to the point, I was a warrior of God! Again, the appeal to ego. That's the general gist of it.

Im_Ryan forum member