What? No topic on the Presidental Debates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm kind of shocked.

October 3rd's debate will probably go down in history as a major turning point if Obama loses in November (ala Kennedy/Nixon).

Obama looked completely... terrible. He just seemed... inept? I guess that's the word; I don't know.

What do y'all think?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
04-10-2012, 01:47 PM
RE: What? No topic on the Presidental Debates?
It has been generally accepted that Obama is a poor debater. Not only that, but he was consistently on the defensive, giving the appearance that Mitt Romney debated more successfully. Romney was good at making his bullshit seem good, but, no matter how good it seems, it is still bullshit. I listened to the entire thing while working a job that is provided by AAFES. That fuck had no idea what he was talking about, but Obama was correct on almost everything.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
04-10-2012, 02:10 PM
(04-10-2012 01:47 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It has been generally accepted that Obama is a poor debater. Not only that, but he was consistently on the defensive, giving the appearance that Mitt Romney debated more successfully. Romney was good at making his bullshit seem good, but, no matter how good it seems, it is still bullshit. I listened to the entire thing while working a job that is provided by AAFES. That fuck had no idea what he was talking about, but Obama was correct on almost everything.

While that matters to people like you and me, to the general public "performing" holds a greater weight than actual truth and knowledge.

I mean... look at our country's obsession with Reality TV. Things might not be true, but if they appear to be true, the general populous swallows hook, line, and sinker.

[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
04-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Meh, I thought they were both shit.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
04-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Obama is a poor debater because he does not have any expertise.

I listen to the first forty minutes, up till he started talking about his grandmother, that was when I returned to the Yankees-Red Sox game, and I never turned back; and the highlights on my morning talk shows were all from that first forty minutes - so I did not miss anything.

I made three notes:
00:19 minutes
Obama made a reference that his Administration made 18 tax cuts for middle class.

00:28
described the debt he inherited that occurred previous to his senatorial seating; 2001 and 2003

00:41
story about grandmother, "some of you know the story about my grandmother"

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
04-10-2012, 03:21 PM
This is America we're talking about, who ever has the highest bowling score will win the election. Fact.
I mean why the fuck did you think Obama was practicing his bowling for? for fun? lolwut?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
04-10-2012, 03:41 PM
(04-10-2012 03:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This is America we're talking about, who ever has the highest bowling score will win the election. Fact.
I mean why the fuck did you think Obama was practicing his bowling for? for fun? lolwut?

Even if that is the case, you still have to convince people you have a high bowling score, and Obama didn't do that in the debate. He didn't even mention bowling.

Also, I wouldn't say he was inept, but he was definitely passive.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
[+] 1 user Likes TrulyX's post
04-10-2012, 04:01 PM
So, remind me again why we continue to have these debates? Why do we care how good a president is at debating? Why would we want to view the candidates in a format that makes the used car salesman's skills look most qualified to run the country?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
04-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Rather than a debate I'd prefer to watch the candidates solve politically neutral hypothetical situations on the spot without seeing or hearing the "other guy's" solution first. Two soundproof rooms, a contestant in each, each is given the problem, we hear each answer in turn. Yes, it would run much like a game show but I think the results would be more meaningful and useful to me.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 4 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
04-10-2012, 04:20 PM
(04-10-2012 04:05 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Rather than a debate I'd prefer to watch the candidates solve politically neutral hypothetical situations on the spot without seeing or hearing the "other guy's" solution first. Two soundproof rooms, a contestant in each, each is given the problem, we hear each answer in turn. Yes, it would run much like a game show but I think the results would be more meaningful and useful to me.

Nah.

We should just set them up in an American Gladiators style contest.

[Image: ag3.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post