What? No topic on the Presidental Debates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2012, 04:33 PM
RE: What? No topic on the Presidental Debates?
The Dems looked very bad, but it was just the first debate.
There are two chances to recoup.
Romney kept blinking, as if he were really nervous, and kept writing notes, and looking down.
So it depends on the sum of the three. If Romney, who was prepped as an Olympic athlete does it again, then Obama may be in big trouble,
I really have no faith in Obama's ability to learn public speaking quickly. He's always been terrible at it. He's been re-trained a bit. I'm sure there now will be even more intensive training efforts. It's only recent;y he's stopped, his "quirk" of dropping his voice, and going "uuhhh", after EVER damn first word or two. It's SO annoying.

Also the moderator did an unbelievably BAD job of maintaining order. Lehrer should NEVER moderate again.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-10-2012, 05:11 PM
What? No topic on the Presidental Debates?
(04-10-2012 04:20 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 04:05 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Rather than a debate I'd prefer to watch the candidates solve politically neutral hypothetical situations on the spot without seeing or hearing the "other guy's" solution first. Two soundproof rooms, a contestant in each, each is given the problem, we hear each answer in turn. Yes, it would run much like a game show but I think the results would be more meaningful and useful to me.

Nah.

We should just set them up in an American Gladiators style contest.

[Image: ag3.jpg]

Hmmm, your idea has merit...

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
04-10-2012, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2012 05:22 PM by earmuffs.)
Question, the majority of America does know Romney's a dirty dirty Mormon right?

I mean all Obama's gotta do is go
Obama: "Hey Romney?"
Cuntface: "Yes Mr President?"
Obama: "Are you wearing your magic underwear today?"
[Image: lol_face_RE_Mass_Effect_3_s274x280_12865...59-580.jpg]

and then Romney would all be like:
[Image: images_1817333.jpg]

and then Obama would be like:
[Image: Trollface+Problem.png]

and then Romney would be like:
[Image: 14806898.jpg]

and Obama would be all like:
[Image: trollface-dancing.gif]

and then Romney would be like:
[Image: sad-forever-alone-face-only-l.png]

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
04-10-2012, 05:23 PM
(04-10-2012 05:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Question, the majority of America does know Romney's a dirty dirty Mormon right?

I mean all Obama's gotta do is go
Obama: "Hey Romney?"
Cuntface: "Yes Mr President?"
Obama: "Are you wearing your magic underwear today"
[Image: lol_face_RE_Mass_Effect_3_s274x280_12865...59-580.jpg]

Romney did bust out God at one point in the debate.. I just walked away at that point and was pretty shocked some people I have on twitter didn't go and say anything about him.

About the only specific Romney laid out was that he was cut subsides to PBS.. yet then went on how he wouldn't make any cuts to education. So educational television, about the only instances you can find of it, would just be pushed away.

It was bad by both fronts and a first step win for Romney, but it felt like he was being let to lie and move to moderate positions he wasn't taking before so adds and the next 2 debates can be demonstrate to show what a people pandering tool Mittens has and always will be[/align].

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
04-10-2012, 05:26 PM
(04-10-2012 04:05 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Rather than a debate I'd prefer to watch the candidates solve politically neutral hypothetical situations on the spot without seeing or hearing the "other guy's" solution first. Two soundproof rooms, a contestant in each, each is given the problem, we hear each answer in turn. Yes, it would run much like a game show but I think the results would be more meaningful and useful to me.

Is this the type of scenario you are proposing? It would be better than a debate, definitely.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-ju...share_copy

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
04-10-2012, 06:57 PM
We watched part of it at school last night...I saw nothing get accomplished or even clarified from either of them. At one point I started thinking of two little kids...

You said blah, blah, blah.
No, I didn't.
Yes, you did.
No, I didn't.
Repeat till you can't stand it any more.

I then listened to more on my drive home...wasn't getting better. I DVRed the rest since I have to write a paper on it.

I seldom watch political debates. It comes down to who makes the best sounding promises that won't ever happen anyway. BLAH!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-10-2012, 07:29 PM

Well, the president doesn't exactly do his job without input from lots of people (political enemies included). In fact, I get the feeling not many people know what the president's actual job IS, given the way the role of the president is covered and talked about.

(04-10-2012 06:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I then listened to more on my drive home...wasn't getting better. I DVRed the rest since I have to write a paper on it.

I seldom watch political debates. It comes down to who makes the best sounding promises that won't ever happen anyway. BLAH!

CHEAT SHEET:
http://factcheck.org/2012/10/dubious-den...larations/

There was so much blahblah because they rarely used any actual facts and the facts they did use were misleading or inaccurate.
04-10-2012, 07:54 PM
(04-10-2012 02:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 01:47 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It has been generally accepted that Obama is a poor debater. Not only that, but he was consistently on the defensive, giving the appearance that Mitt Romney debated more successfully. Romney was good at making his bullshit seem good, but, no matter how good it seems, it is still bullshit. I listened to the entire thing while working a job that is provided by AAFES. That fuck had no idea what he was talking about, but Obama was correct on almost everything.

While that matters to people like you and me, to the general public "performing" holds a greater weight than actual truth and knowledge.

I mean... look at our country's obsession with Reality TV. Things might not be true, but if they appear to be true, the general populous swallows hook, line, and sinker.

Nah. If debate performance were all that mattered, we would have had president Kerry instead of Bush. This time a good debate performance matters, though. Obama is struggling to climb over 50% leading into the last weeks of the campaign. That is a sign of undecided voters looking to feel better about picking a challenger that is less known than the current president. Those undecided voters are more likely to commit to Romney after this debate. It isn't over, but the debate performance could turn out to be an inflection point where Romney turns around the race.
04-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Thanks Rook!!!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-10-2012, 09:36 PM
There are three debates so I wouldn't worry about the first. I'd worry about overall standing. Many felt that Obama would lose this first one because debate is clearly not his strength. Actually, while Obama did let Romney shell out his own slick and studied routine, he also let everyone see this. A pretty good idea, I thought. He should be more practiced for the second go around.

A main rule for a so called "weak debater" is to calmly match one's arguments to those of the opponent's and possibly be able to expose the falsity of their position. Also, one must maintain composure, not engage in personal attacks, and always have an objective set for the debate; what do you want your audience to do as a result of listening to your argument?

Personally, I would like to see Romney lunge at Obama with a butcher knife. Although, I don't have television, I'm sure it would be all over YouTube within moments of his psychotic break. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.