What? No topic on the Presidental Debates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2012, 07:26 AM
RE: What? No topic on the Presidental Debates?
Romney deflected Obama's passive attacks against his proposed economic plans like this:

"Mr. Romney, how do you propose to maintain enough money while cutting taxes?" Obama asked.

"I will be cutting taxes," Romney replied.

The moderator then said, with his inaccurate comprehension, "Good point, Romney."

Then I said, "What da fuck 'Murica!?"

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2012, 07:46 AM
(05-10-2012 07:26 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Romney deflected Obama's passive attacks against his proposed economic plans like this:

"Mr. Romney, how do you propose to maintain enough money while cutting taxes?" Obama asked.

The moderator then said, with his inaccurate comprehension, "Good point, Romney."

lolwut?

why is your country so shit, 'Murica'?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
05-10-2012, 08:11 AM
(05-10-2012 07:46 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-10-2012 07:26 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Romney deflected Obama's passive attacks against his proposed economic plans like this:

lolwut?

I don't know, but I had nothing to do with it!

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
05-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Yeah, the Obama did pretty bad in the debates. Romney won by theatrics, certainly not by substance. But 'Murica wants the guy in office who takes no prisoners and kowtows to no one!

(05-10-2012 07:46 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

lolwut?

Bush. Dodgy

Actually, there are a lot of reasons... lagging education, the heavy and increasing involvement of religion in politics, increasing importance of money in politics (it's getting worse, not better), and fucked up military involvements (I think other countries call that foreign policy?) to name a few reasons.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
05-10-2012, 10:02 AM
(04-10-2012 04:01 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  So, remind me again why we continue to have these debates? Why do we care how good a president is at debating? Why would we want to view the candidates in a format that makes the used car salesman's skills look most qualified to run the country?

Because the people have an irrational reverence for the two hundred-year-old Constitution that did not specify the technical qualifications a modern society would appreciate. In fact, maybe you have heard, they specifically ensured that there were not to be any religious test for political officials.

Two hundred years ago they did not have the science of economics as we do into day's world. Back then they were not able to define or explain it very well. What they did recognize was that property owners and those who did enter politics seemed to understand the balancing of financial matters.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
[+] 1 user Likes TrainWreck's post
05-10-2012, 10:08 AM
(05-10-2012 09:30 AM)kineo Wrote:  Actually, there are a lot of reasons... lagging education, the heavy and increasing involvement of religion in politics, increasing importance of money in politics (it's getting worse, not better), and fucked up military involvements (I think other countries call that foreign policy?) to name a few reasons.

You are paranoid.

The reason our country is in finacial peril is because there is a tremendous population of inadequate, and irresponsible, people who believe the government has the right to redistribute the wealth.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
[+] 1 user Likes TrainWreck's post
05-10-2012, 10:22 AM
(05-10-2012 10:08 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(05-10-2012 09:30 AM)kineo Wrote:  Actually, there are a lot of reasons... lagging education, the heavy and increasing involvement of religion in politics, increasing importance of money in politics (it's getting worse, not better), and fucked up military involvements (I think other countries call that foreign policy?) to name a few reasons.

You are paranoid.

The reason our country is in finacial peril is because there is a tremendous population of inadequate, and irresponsible, people who believe the government has the right to redistribute the wealth.

The question I answered was "why is your country so shit, 'Murica'?", and not specifically "financial peril". I'm sure you have a differing opinion for the answer to that question; feel free to shit it out on whoever might be interested in what you have to say about it.

[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
05-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Reality check is the CNN poll:
Romney 67%
Obama 25%

What that means for the analytically challenged is that over 50% of Democrats believed that Obama lost the "argument". The "argument" IS the debate over the future direction of the country. HE LOST BIG-TIME.

People typically (as is apparent on this forum) are totally bias when it comes to deciding who won a debate. THAT MEANS, Obama's approval ratings are overestimated and the polls are not accurate.

There's no recover from this. Obama looked unprepared and stupid. The public will now equate this to the state of the economy. That simple. He is now why things are so screwed up and that's all you'll hear from the Republicans for the next 4 weeks.

If Obama would have just not showed up and he would have done less damage to himself.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
05-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Oh my, I can't await the outcome of the presidental elections 2012. According to dozens of different opinion polls conducted over the last couple of weeks, Obama isn't much more than a few percent ahead of Mitt Romney. Perhaps it will become even worse for him after this event.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
05-10-2012, 02:20 PM
(05-10-2012 01:49 PM)Thomas Wrote:  People typically (as is apparent on this forum) are totally bias when it comes to deciding who won a debate.

What are you on about and what thread are you reading? I don't see anyone touting that Obama won the debate, and pretty much everyone here has said he performed poorly. Hell even MSNBC's show hosts, who are pro-Obama (like Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, Ed Shultz, etc.), said that Obama lost the debate. There is no doubt about that.

That doesn't mean that anything Mitt said would hold water. But you're right, there are plenty of folks who don't care about facts. They'll side with Mitt regardless of the lack of any factual content and will blame Obama for the economy.

But you are wrong about it being irrecoverable. There are still more debates, and quite a bit of time left for Mitt to fuck up his campaign even more.

[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post