What? No topic on the Presidental Debates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: What? No topic on the Presidental Debates?
Stating that people are biased is like saying people need oxygen to breathe.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
05-10-2012, 02:49 PM
(05-10-2012 10:08 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(05-10-2012 09:30 AM)kineo Wrote:  Actually, there are a lot of reasons... lagging education, the heavy and increasing involvement of religion in politics, increasing importance of money in politics (it's getting worse, not better), and fucked up military involvements (I think other countries call that foreign policy?) to name a few reasons.

You are paranoid.

The reason our country is in finacial peril is because there is a tremendous population of inadequate, and irresponsible, people who believe the government has the right to redistribute the wealth.

You? You accused someone else of being paranoid? Wahhahahhahahahahahahahahaahhsahdjasdfklasdkfhlaksfhdskajgakldjgakjhgl;ajfiulewi​flhiashdglhaisgiawekufh;lIDLIHKJGAELHFSKDJFKJfkjVLKF.FVJkbvJKLH;LKBJLKAHFZDBSFHk​VK!!!!!11!!!1!!!1!!!11!1!

[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
05-10-2012, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 03:15 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-10-2012 10:08 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  he reason our country is in financial peril is because there is a tremendous population of inadequate, and irresponsible, people who believe the government has the right to redistribute the wealth.

The reason this country is in financial peril is because, after President Clinton had, for the first time in modern history, set up a budget surplus, George Bush led the US into unnecessary foreign adventures which the Neo-cons had planned, and which cost a fortune, and then he, and the Federal Reserve system, and the SEC allowed the deficit to compound astronomically by allowing the Wall Street banks to leverage irresponsibly the mortgage industry by issuing mortgages to people who could not afford them, and then betting on those same mortgages with interest rate swaps. Then Bush set up the largest Federal program in recent history, (Medicare part D), to benefit the drug companies, and specifically the politicians, paid off by lobbyists for the drug companies, wrote into that law, that Medicare could not take competitive bids. The "population" had nothing to do with that. The politicians who are in the pockets of lobbyists who are doing the redistribution are responsible for it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-10-2012, 05:54 PM
(05-10-2012 02:20 PM)kineo Wrote:  But you are wrong about it being irrecoverable. There are still more debates, and quite a bit of time left for Mitt to fuck up his campaign even more.

Obama is outmatched. This was not a fluke performance. This is the spin, "Obama was just off his game. He'll get Romney next time."

The narrative has been from the media that Romney is a screw up. Did you not see this guy perform? Apparently the "screw up" evolved some skills over the weekend. If you're expecting him to implode in the next two debates your missing something. Obama has to step up, but Romney smells blood in the water. He'll redouble his efforts. Expect the same type of results.

The real damage is all of the supporters who are saying, "I'm pushing for this guy and he doesn't even make the effort to prepare for the fight". He has a significant enthusiasm gap to start with, now it's even wider. This is the skew in the polls. Democrats on the phone say they will vote, but they will not in the same percentages as the Republicans.

I see Obama's future job title for 2013 as Community Organizer, Chicago Division. Rev Wright is saving a seat for him first Sunday in January.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
05-10-2012, 06:43 PM
The damage is not entirely drastic. Obama is outmatched at what? Making bullshit look good? I agree, because Obama has no bullshit to make look good.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
05-10-2012, 08:37 PM
(05-10-2012 06:43 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The damage is not entirely drastic. Obama is outmatched at what? Making bullshit look good? I agree, because Obama has no bullshit to make look good.

"Hope and Change"
"We are the change we were waiting for"
"The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on earth."

Obama ran on nothing but fatuous, hubristic slogans and drivel the first time around. Obama ran entirely on bullshit.
06-10-2012, 04:33 AM
I fail to see any bullshit in any of those statements.

06-10-2012, 09:50 AM
(05-10-2012 03:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-10-2012 10:08 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  he reason our country is in financial peril is because there is a tremendous population of inadequate, and irresponsible, people who believe the government has the right to redistribute the wealth.

The reason this country is in financial peril is because, after President Clinton had, for the first time in modern history, set up a budget surplus, George Bush led the US into unnecessary foreign adventures which the Neo-cons had planned, and which cost a fortune, and then he, and the Federal Reserve system, and the SEC allowed the deficit to compound astronomically by allowing the Wall Street banks to leverage irresponsibly the mortgage industry by issuing mortgages to people who could not afford them, and then betting on those same mortgages with interest rate swaps. Then Bush set up the largest Federal program in recent history, (Medicare part D), to benefit the drug companies, and specifically the politicians, paid off by lobbyists for the drug companies, wrote into that law, that Medicare could not take competitive bids. The "population" had nothing to do with that. The politicians who are in the pockets of lobbyists who are doing the redistribution are responsible for it.

If that is true, then your claim that population had nothing to do with it is countered by your reference to the corrupt morgage administration.

Quote:the SEC allowed the deficit to compound astronomically by allowing the Wall Street banks to leverage irresponsibly the mortgage industry by issuing mortgages to people who could not afford them

That is part of the population of inadequate and irresponsible people, I was talking about. Other aspects of the population I describe would be found in the labor unions who pledge to monitor socio-political activities to ensure that communities prosper.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
06-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Obama didn't try.

And Romney is a dumbass.

My summery. Really all the debate did was make me loathe Romney more.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
06-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I didn't see Romney winning that debate, I just saw no real debate. Was half watching it because someone wanted to watch it with me. Romney did the same as any apologist and made it as much like highschool politics as possible. What I took away from that debate is that it's not going to effect people's opinions of the candidates all that much. Sure there might have been a lot of people watching, but whatever issues they cared about before the debate were definitely not changed by Obama explaining his new medical reform plans and Romney trying to convince people the Alaskan pipeline is the best idea ever.

Biased? Against what? Both are members of crazy churches, while Obama acts a bit less crazy he's still not the best. I'll continue doing my part in elections and vote another party. If it were really only a choice between these two I'd be begging for Obama (someone who made a good amount of nice changes for LGBT), but it's not. So I will continue to try and convince people that it is not a dichotomy. My only bias is that I refuse to see dichotomies because I've never been shown one that's real.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.