What Planet are you from?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2011, 09:02 AM

What Planet are you from?
I often have the feeling that we, the sane, are a different species, from another planet and somehow crash-landed on this lunatic asylum planet and are stuck here.

In one of my poems I wrote:

Maybe we write
for each other,
to help us feel
we’re not alone,
there are others, our kind,
almost another species
dispersed on the planet…
…as if we were expelled
from our homeland,
for some horrible crime.

As you can see from my Avatar, I am one of the last members of my species, from the Planet Malmac that blew up during a nuclear war. My grandmother warned of the impending destruction, but she was committed; where she stayed until the planet blew-up.

So what Planet are you from? What is it like there? How does a sane civilization feel?

I fear I have never experienced one first-hand.

Watch this 6-minute video about poor ALF stranded on this crazy Planet.

Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2011, 01:11 PM
RE: What Planet are you from?
I had an ALF cuddly toy when I was about 8.....I watched the video Zatamon but it seems to have lost its magic for me Sad

I know what you mean though.......sometimes I wonder at the people around me, who dont seem to take an interest in how the economy works or who we actually owe this "debt" to.......they seem to be more interested in what is on the television or on facebook.

They seem so wrapped up in this "fake" world of society that they dont actually see the bigger political picture..........dare I say it a lot of people (not all) seem to be just like brainwashed zombies, who simply repeat what they are told without actually doing any independent research.

I am from Planet Earth.......it is my home......but sometimes I dont know the people around me who I share it with who I call my "fellow citizens"......sometimes they seem to just talk a nonsensical language of (excuse my french) "worthless, materialstic dribbles of shit" that they believe they want.....but dont definitly need Sad

I do worry for my planet.......and although it saddens me sometimes I do think for the safety of earth that maybe we should all be wiped out.....because we are like parasites sucking it dry and destroying it.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2011, 01:49 PM

(20-09-2011 01:11 PM)bemore Wrote:  I had an ALF cuddly toy when I was about 8.....I watched the video Zatamon but it seems to have lost its magic for me Sad

bemore, the magic is in the mirror that ALF is. He doesn't know white lies, he tells it exactly the way he sees it from an outsider's point of view. If you watch the whole TV series, you can't help laughing and crying at the same time, because what you hear is so funny and so tragic at the same time. He is so much like us that it is almost scary (and you know that they blew up their planet).

Anyway, I meant the thread just for fun, there are lots of science fiction fans and trekkies on this forum, I am sure many of them have a favourite planet they read about it and wouldn't mind to relocate.

In a way this could be your way of describing the 'Perfect Planet' you would like to live on (I am on a 'Perfect' streak: Life, Love, Planet,...., I am not sure what comes next -- perfect god?)

Big Grin
20-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Sorry Zat.......im just currently finding it a little hard to keep a lid on my despair at people around me (in real life, not on these boards) which is unusual for me.

Now Star Trek I can get into....Tongue....but im more of a fan of "the next generation" more than any of the others....well maybe a few of the originals.

Ill give ALF another go.....with your viewpoint on it in mind.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
20-09-2011, 02:28 PM

(20-09-2011 01:54 PM)bemore Wrote:  Now Star Trek I can get into....Tongue....but im more of a fan of "the next generation" more than any of the others....well maybe a few of the originals.

For me it is a toss-up between the Next Generation and Deep Space 9.

Do you remember a NG episode when they found a drifting space ship with Earth people in it in frozen cryogenic state? How the rich guy immediately wanted to assess his wealth, except Captain Picard explained to him that money does not exist in the 24th Century?

That is one of my all-time favourite episodes: because lack of money was so casually mentioned, like it was the most natural thing on Earth.

And when the money-man asked: "what is the challenge"? -- Picard answered: "developing our full potential".

I have been on different forums for a very long time and could not get it through most heads that we would ALL be better off without money, because it causes us to waste and destroy 95% of all our resources.

And it was dealt with in such a wonderful, matter-of-fact way (as it should) -- I wonder how many questions it raised in how many heads?

Don't get me started on Star Trek -- I own them all and watch them over and over (I never watch regular TV or, especially, the news.)

Undecided
20-09-2011, 02:45 PM
From the couple of years I have studied economics I have to agree with you about money...........I dream of a world without it.

I watched the next generation when it was on Sky One (probably around 1992....maybe earlier???) and I kept watching re-runs when it was on until about 6 years ago when I stopped watching telly full stop.

I cant remember off the top of my head that particular show you mention....the episodes that stick out for me most are the ones that involve "Q" and also one episode where they were all children.

I didnt rate Whoppi Goldberg in it for some reason.......I dont know why???

Have you seen the new(ish) feature film??? Tis brilliant Tongue

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
20-09-2011, 03:07 PM

(20-09-2011 02:45 PM)bemore Wrote:  Have you seen the new(ish) feature film??? Tis brilliant Tongue

I have read the Shatner book it was based on -- didn't know that the movie was already out -- thanks for pointing it out to me: I have just ordered it on Amazon.

Smile
20-09-2011, 03:51 PM
I emigrated from Reisa II ...
had to; the tourist industry totally ruined the place for natives.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.