What Proof do Atheists Want?

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
25-11-2012, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2012 03:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: What Proof do Atheists Want?
(25-11-2012 02:41 PM)Dom Wrote:  I know someone like that. He was higher than a kite on acid and god came to him and told him he would die if he didn't stop all the drugs. So he stopped, no withdrawal from anything (and he used everything). He has been a devout christian for some 30 years now. Goes to church 3 times a week.

The fuck? I would've at least asked for a continuance to try the holy sacrament developed by the prophet Hofmann at least one more time asking for some clarification on "drugs". What about my metformin, my lisonopril, my simvastatin, my Seroquel, my Androgel? All the drugs ManlyGirl takes for COPD and shit? ... One thing I know for sure, if fucker said no to my Androgel, he'd find his ass kicked outta heaven dealing face to face with the fucker he first kicked outta heaven. Fucker's just the little man hiding behind the curtain he hopes Girly pays no attention to. This time around he ain't got the home field advantage. Evil_monster

(25-11-2012 02:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  Nope, not Kantian.

You walk like a duck and talk like a duck, but if you say you're not, I give you the benefit of the doubt.

(25-11-2012 02:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  Nope. I only consider insane metaphysics insane. Like Calvinism.

It's just determinism and nihilism dressed up in a poofy dress and tiara looking forward to a prom that will never happen. But I'm pretty sure you think determinism and nihilism is insane, so my point remains.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Yes, sorry I wasn't trying to enter you unwillingly into a battle of semantics. These people I tell ya.

I completely agree that KC's brand of theism is definitely a little confusing in the way that it almost serves to eliminate community from the equation by hoisting the members upon a pedestal. It's silly in it's own right and I don't get it. Especially from a guy like who KC appears to be. He's social and polite, he's accepting, and seemingly bright (outside of theistic endeavors) which all seem like they'd run counter to the elitist approach of Calvanism.

I am fascinated by sanity and people's perceived degrees of it. To me there are only two degrees. Functional and dysfunctional. Functional equals the people like us who make up or disregard information, maybe do some compartmentalization until reality is something we can cope with. Some people still have a hard time and so they make up answers to fill in some of the nastier questions life leaves us with. Such as why? Oh I know god... somehow answers that. But to me they are still functionally insane even if their ideas aren't exactly copasetic.
To me they only reach the upper echelons of dysfunctionality by losing their last tentative grip on reality. Which usually results in suicide, or genocide, or really fucked up things. Yelling in the streets about the end times... Hallucinations such as visitations from the holy spirits that aren't induced by chemical consumption.

I'm rambling and probably not making any sense so pie is delicious.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2012, 04:37 PM
10 pages and not one response from the OP??? WT?

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
25-11-2012, 04:44 PM
(25-11-2012 04:37 PM)aurora Wrote:  10 pages and not one response from the OP??? WT?
Eh, it's been less than 12 hours, no big deal.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
25-11-2012, 04:46 PM
(25-11-2012 04:37 PM)aurora Wrote:  10 pages and not one response from the OP??? WT?
It could be a thousand pages long and it still wouldn't change the fact that it was created today and that Egor has a job. Cut him some slack, for Christ's sake.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
25-11-2012, 05:04 PM
(25-11-2012 01:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...
That is correct. God created people specifically to be victims of sin - that is to fulfill Christ.

"fulfill Christ"
huh?

I've never really understood religio-speak.

Misanthropik asked earlier if unicorns are hollow (yes, I just caught up with all 10 pages) but is KC saying that his christ is also hollow?

This, I think, is Proof by Faith and Authority and Revelation and Tradition.

Maybe unicorns also contain Hot Air!

25-11-2012, 05:05 PM
(25-11-2012 04:46 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
It could be a thousand pages long and it still wouldn't change the fact that it was created today and that Egor has a job. Cut him some slack, for Christ's sake.
For Christ's sake Laughat and no....

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
25-11-2012, 06:05 PM
If the theory of evolution be true then our far off distant ancestors were very primitive and apelike creatures not much different to the apes we have today that you can check out in the wild/zoos.

From that point of our view ancestors and where we all lived in trees and caves and shit.... to this point today where you are sitting here reading these very words, we have evolved.

What is it through our evolution that made us create gods?? Was it our growing intelligence that acknowledged this version of consciousness as the "I", being set apart from everything else.... that in turn could of led to our adapting imaginations?

I dont know Consider

You can argue all you like about a particular VERSION of god, however our adaption of this has also evolved alongside us. The mainstream version of gods that we know of havent allways been around.... they are just adapted, more acceptable and current replacements to ones that were worshipped, albeit these were old ones were worshipped just the same as the ones we have today (maybe a little less sacrafice Cool )

So we have history to prove that at one time we had different gods, that had wars fought over them, that millions of people died for, that dictatored to the people the basic "rules" of a good, acceptable lifetime...... and these all slowly faded away overtime.

Whos to say your religion will allways be around.... and if your religion ever did die out and get replaced and nobody worshipped your god anymore (like has happened in history) what does that say about your god now today?

How do people come by religion??? Is it a case of people having "godlike" encounters... you know something tangible like experience.... I wouldnt mind if that was the case but when you look the reality is simply a case of being indoctrinated into a belief through choices outside of your control like where you were born, your parents religious beliefs and a million and one other deciding factors.

Then there is the case of hippocrisy.... both in people individually and also the religious system itself as they "adapt" over time to suit the societal acceptances of the masses (women priests in the jesus cult 100 years ago.... pah your having a laugh.... acceptable now though Consider )

So unfortuantly I would say that there is more evidence to disprove gods then there is proof.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
25-11-2012, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2012 06:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-11-2012 01:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(25-11-2012 01:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That actually means that you think some were created specifically to suffer for 10^(infinite) power years. You can THAT a god ? No
That is correct. God created people specifically to be victims of sin - that is to fulfill Christ.

I got this shit, brother. ... it ain't no biggie. ... How 'bout I reach out and just fuck fate bitches.

My Own Personal Jesus, ... someone who see's my prayer, someone who dares, someone who see's my prayers, someone who dares, someone who cares. ... come at me bitches.

25-11-2012, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2012 07:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
Fucking pussies. ... Reach out and touch faith, pussies.. ... You're "Own Personal Jesus" ... fucking pussies. I can easily pound that it into you. Reach out and douch faith.... Fucking pussies.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post