What Proof do Atheists Want?

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
25-11-2012, 07:20 PM
RE: What Proof do Atheists Want?
(25-11-2012 12:24 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(25-11-2012 11:49 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I was at my local record store recently and at the register, there is a small tin that says, Unicorn meat. Upon opening it you find inside a stuffed unicorn. Upon further examination, I would say that unicorns are not hollow. Smile
Why don't garden-fairies like Seinfeld?

They dont like Seinfeld?
Probably because they have Gnomes sense of humor!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2012, 07:45 PM
(25-11-2012 12:55 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(25-11-2012 12:38 PM)tikidoc Wrote:  Huh, so I guess that makes you "chosen" by God? Because he did not give me the gift of faith? Why are you so privileged? Mostly because I was not born into a religious family. And because I was not chosen, I will have to suffer in hell for eternity due to a lack of belief, despite the fact that I have tried to be a good person and help others as the primary goals of my life? Yet a murderer and rapist can just accept your God at the last moment and go to heaven? Yet this is a god I am supposed to respect and worship?

If that's the case, your God sounds pretty petty and childish.
Actually, no.

I'm a Calvinist.

God chooses salvation and damnation. A person can't choose to be a murderer and then repent on his deathbed and go to heaven.

God already chose everyone who is going to heaven and going to hell. Nothing can change that.

Offense intended.

Your God sounds like a piece of shit, he creates certain people for no reason other than to watch them suffer on earth and then when they die, he will watch them suffer in hell.
So if its all written, why bother? There is no need to even discuss it, we are all doomed for being non believers in your bullshit and you are going to sit with the Angels, I hope Kate Jackson is there, I was always partial to Sabrina even though Im Gay, I mean, she was so intelligent and I loved that crack in her voice, oh wait, Im confuzzled. ooooops wrong angels!
[+] 2 users Like Irishdize's post
26-11-2012, 05:52 AM
(25-11-2012 07:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Fucking pussies. ... Reach out and touch faith, pussies.. ... You're "Own Personal Jesus" ... fucking pussies. I can easily pound that it into you. Reach out and douch faith.... Fucking pussies.
Now it's stuck in my head; thanks Girly. Dodgy

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
26-11-2012, 06:00 AM
You know, I was watching some videos from Aronra just now, and I came across one which I feel touches upon this question.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
26-11-2012, 06:18 AM
For me it would take something along the lines of an "Bruce Almighty" event to get me to believe. I would then have to evaluate what is said in order to decide if god deserves to be worshipped. I believe that I would decide against it.
26-11-2012, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2012 06:36 AM by Filox.)
OP:

You know, these last few years, since I am a hard-cored atheist, I often wondered what kind of proof would satisfy me. You see, the truth is the problem with everything religious-like. I understand that you see God is the miracle of life, in the sadness of death, in the bird that flies, in the complexity of human thoughts, in the incredible Universe...

All that I can explain to myself. I understand the evolution, I understand human complexity, because I learned all sorts of shit, so I can deconstruct human body in my mind and I can understand the small mechanisms that run us, I can also combine all that into one big piece of machinery, and although there is magic in all that, I can understand it, so I do not see Go or gods in that, or in the miracle of life, the sadness of death... I see biology and mechanisms, chemistry and chemical reactions, physics and laws of physics... The Universe.

So what else am I left with? What else can I "see" to see God? Obviously, nature is not something I will see god in. The Universe and the life itself is also not something to view god, it is all natural and normal for me, a part of natural life. Where god would be something super-natural, so I do not see it in nature.

The only thing left for me to see God is the Word of God. Now, there is a HUGE problem with this, as I see this as the Word of Men Trying to Imitate God. I can clearly see all the LIES that every organized religion is spreading, I can taste their hypocrisy and hate toward "infidels". So no, I can not see god or God in the Word of God, any Word of any god. It is a human word, it is used by humans for their own secret agendas, it is twisted and perverted by humans, to obtain more power over "ordinary" people.

Now, we might argue about Bible and the Word, about the Truth and lies... Seriously, now stop and think about this. You or anyone else can never say that the Bible, Qur'an, or any other book are written by the hand of god. We even have scriptures and we know the names of people who wrote the books. So in light of all this, these are all books written by humans.

In the end, what you are asking is why do I not believe in ancient human books, written by humans, for humans, about some other older humans. Sure, it's like I ask you why do you not believe in Shakespeare?

Today, our modern technology has given us the opportunity to falsify almost anything, so that is even more reason for not trusting religious freaks.

To answer your question (finally, right) I think that there is only one way I could believe in god. God must come down, stand in front of me and prove it is god and it is worthy of my trust and my worship.

In the end, it would fail, as I would prescribe it to be an alien life form. Very evolved, advanced and powerful alien life form. And I would be right, because there is no such thing as god, there can only be a more advanced being out there, you will call it supreme being, I would call it highly advanced and evolved.

So you see, the whole concept of "god" does not exist in my head anymore. Even if god was to come down here and bitchslap me, I would still consider him/her just to be one big fuck up, like Q, from Star Trek.

I hope I made my point clear.

There is no god. Period.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
26-11-2012, 06:38 AM

Wow. I think this is a personal best 1400 views, 145 replies, and I'm just getting back to it. I guess I'll peruse and answer the worthy ones.
Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2012, 06:40 AM
It's pointless.

Even if there was proof of God 100% I still wouldn't worship him.
I'd be better off picking death-row inmate names out of a hat and worshiping that person, at least they didn't kill thousands of innocent children daily.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
26-11-2012, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2012 06:44 AM by earmuffs.)
(26-11-2012 06:38 AM)Egor Wrote:  Wow. I think this is a personal best 1400 views, 145 replies, and I'm just getting back to it. I guess I'll peruse and answer the worthy ones.
You mean that ones that don't make you think rationally too hard?

Go on Egor, ignore all the "good points" so you preach the same brain-dead dribble you always do about how atheists are horrible people blah blah.
Please, we egorly await your words of wisdom, enlighten us about our heathen ways.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
26-11-2012, 06:44 AM
Hey Ed, let me know if you're even in BR. We'll hang out and grab a bite to eat or something.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]