What Proof do Atheists Want?

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
26-11-2012, 09:38 PM
RE: What Proof do Atheists Want?
(26-11-2012 11:19 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 05:52 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Now it's stuck in my head; thanks Girly. Dodgy
The original or the Marylin Manson cover?

Or both?
Tongue

Good question. Let's give 'em both a listen shall we. ... Lift up the receiver, I'll make you a believer.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-11-2012, 09:42 PM
(25-11-2012 06:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  To those who believe in God, no proof is necessary--or perhaps it's just that we see proof everywhere. What's so frustrating about atheists is that they seem to refuse to see this proof, but maybe that's not fair. Maybe they really can't see any proof.

If you're an atheist (or theist) what proof do you need?

Please, name this proof so we can make sure God is who he says he is and then maybe we can all believe.

Honestly, if you were to proof that God existed I still don't like the asshole so it doesn't matter.
26-11-2012, 09:47 PM
If you are a non-positivist atheist, you don't get proof of anything, you get evidences of something. The absolute truth is unreacheble, hence why bother with proof! Science provides you theories based on evidence that explains quite well the world! The need for absolute knowledge may be due to the tendency of our brains to prefer black and white facts rather than a continuum.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-11-2012, 09:48 PM
(26-11-2012 06:38 AM)Egor Wrote:  Wow. I think this is a personal best 1400 views, 145 replies, and I'm just getting back to it. I guess I'll peruse and answer the worthy ones.

Wow. You are so accomplished.
26-11-2012, 09:54 PM
(25-11-2012 06:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  To those who believe in God, no proof is necessary--or perhaps it's just that we see proof everywhere. What's so frustrating about atheists is that they seem to refuse to see this proof, but maybe that's not fair. Maybe they really can't see any proof.

If you're an atheist (or theist) what proof do you need?

"Proof". You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-11-2012, 10:43 PM
(26-11-2012 07:56 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 05:28 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Pffft. Never mind this passing through shit. You BETTER get your ass to BR next time I make it down south. I figure the three of us will have a blast!

(plus I figure I owe both you two a beer Wink )

Wait--

BR doesn't stand for "bedroom"?

*sigh* Sad
Boca Raton? *flees*

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
27-11-2012, 12:01 AM

When it comes to BR. Anyone too stupid to read our profiles and figure it out doesn't deserve to know.
Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2012, 12:04 AM

(26-11-2012 09:42 PM)kpax Wrote:  Please, name this proof so we can make sure God is who he says he is and then maybe we can all believe.

Honestly, if you were to proof that God existed I still don't like the asshole so it doesn't matter.

Moron. Hobo

(26-11-2012 09:47 PM)tiagorod84 Wrote:  If you are a non-positivist atheist, you don't get proof of anything, you get evidences of something. The absolute truth is unreacheble, hence why bother with proof! Science provides you theories based on evidence that explains quite well the world! The need for absolute knowledge may be due to the tendency of our brains to prefer black and white facts rather than a continuum.

If all you're looking for is evidence, that's even easier. What evidence would satsify you?

PS. There are too many responses for me to address each one. Hopefully, most of them are insults. That's how I know I'm right: when atheists, who I know are wrong, disagree with me. Smartass
27-11-2012, 12:14 AM

(26-11-2012 06:45 AM)Filox Wrote:  HEY!! Stop picking on Egor. If you do not like this thread, don't post here. Let him read and answer what he wants. I want to hear his answer to my answer and I am afraid you might scare him off with those post.

Smile

Leave the man be, you might not understand it, but we need people like him here, on this forum.

Go on Egor, we wait patiently. And you are right, this might be some sort of record, so many replies and views, so little time... Congratulations.

Thanks, Filox. I'll go back and look for your post. Hug

(26-11-2012 07:41 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  It's hard not to give him attention. He's like the world's cutest asshole. So acidic, egotistical, and dismissive in his messages, yet so childish in his delivery and style. Quite entertaining to watch.

Oh, it's even worse in real life. My wife constantly challenges me on the facts that I spout, and when she does half the time I have to admit I'm making them up on the spot and didn't even realize it. But hey, I'm a blovelist. What can I say? Rolleyes

(26-11-2012 05:28 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 04:23 PM)Egor Wrote:  Sounds like a winner. Thumbsup
Pffft. Never mind this passing through shit. You BETTER get your ass to BR next time I make it down south. I figure the three of us will have a blast!

(plus I figure I owe both you two a beer Wink )

OMG, could you imagine? We'd be getting all drunk, and things would reverse. By the end of the night, you'd be wanting me and KC to lay hands on you to receive the Holy Spirit, and I'd be slurring, "There isno flucking Goddd...!" Unsure

27-11-2012, 12:46 AM
(27-11-2012 12:04 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 09:42 PM)kpax Wrote:  Please, name this proof so we can make sure God is who he says he is and then maybe we can all believe.

Moron. Hobo

(26-11-2012 09:47 PM)tiagorod84 Wrote:  If you are a non-positivist atheist, you don't get proof of anything, you get evidences of something. The absolute truth is unreacheble, hence why bother with proof! Science provides you theories based on evidence that explains quite well the world! The need for absolute knowledge may be due to the tendency of our brains to prefer black and white facts rather than a continuum.

If all you're looking for is evidence, that's even easier. What evidence would satsify you?

PS. There are too many responses for me to address each one. Hopefully, most of them are insults. That's how I know I'm right: when atheists, who I know are wrong, disagree with me. Smartass

Thats strange, thats how I know Im right, when Christians who I know are wrong, disagree with me Wink LOL

If you are already convinced that you are right and non theists are wrong, why even bother debating? No new knowledge can be learned. If you are here to teach, then do so, provide valid reasons for non theists to have a belief in your God/religion, if you cannot do that then kindly shut the fuck up.