What Proof do Atheists Want?

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
27-11-2012, 10:43 AM

RE: What Proof do Atheists Want?
(27-11-2012 03:00 AM)Filox Wrote:  As for the Gospels, I can read them, but that will not show me god, or give me faith. I can, however, read them and use them as philosophy, as a moral guide or as literature with deeper meaning.

No you can't. The Gospels suck as philosophy, and you can only find moral guidance in them if you accept that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, otherwise, he's a madman who's moral philosophy simply doesn't work in world that is godless and fundamentally acausal.

One day, you will realize that atheism means exactly what it says: "without God," and you will have to wrestle with the implications of that. Yes
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
27-11-2012, 10:45 AM
(27-11-2012 10:43 AM)Egor Wrote:  One day, you will realize that atheism means exactly what it says: "without God," and you will have to wrestle with the implications of that. Yes
You act as though we have not thought about our theological position. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2012, 10:51 AM

(27-11-2012 12:46 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  If you are already convinced that you are right and non theists are wrong, why even bother debating?

Because I like to fight. Evil_monster

Quote:No new knowledge can be learned. If you are here to teach, then do so, provide valid reasons for non theists to have a belief in your God/religion, if you cannot do that then kindly shut the fuck up.

If you believed, then who would I fight with? Consider
27-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Special pleading, also known as stacking the deck, ignoring the counter-evidence, slanting, and one-sided assessment, is a form of spurious argument where a position in a dispute introduces favourable details or excludes unfavourable details by alleging a need to apply additional considerations without proper criticism of these considerations. Essentially, this involves someone attempting to cite something as an exemption to a generally accepted rule, principle, etc. without justifying the exemption.

In other words, Egor's interpretations and opinions are valid, and yours are not. No other religious writings are valid (to Egor). No other interpretations of Jesus or god are valid (to Egor). No other part of the bible, other than the part that inspires him, is valid (to Egor). No other view of the universe or how it works is valid (to Egor).

Believe it or not, Egor used to post some good ideas and arguments. But this current argument... meh. Dodgy

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
27-11-2012, 10:54 AM

(27-11-2012 09:34 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Why anyone would even want to take Egor's statement in any form of seriousness is beyond me. He has already displayed a notable about of ignorance regarding the subject which he prides so much, so I feel as though he is not worth my time. If he is not worth my time, how is he worth any of your guys' time?

Why don't you get rid of the preteen avatar and then we can talk. It's fucking creepy.
27-11-2012, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2012 11:02 AM by Logica Humano.)
(27-11-2012 10:54 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(27-11-2012 09:34 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Why anyone would even want to take Egor's statement in any form of seriousness is beyond me. He has already displayed a notable about of ignorance regarding the subject which he prides so much, so I feel as though he is not worth my time. If he is not worth my time, how is he worth any of your guys' time?

Why don't you get rid of the preteen avatar and then we can talk. It's fucking creepy.
You have always been poor at offering excuses. Why can't you just admit that you have a fucking poor argument? Your non sequitur only makes you look more of a dumbass.

And, I would hardly call these two ladies "preteen".

[Image: Konachan.com+-+119906+2girls+cleavage+he...erwear.jpg]

27-11-2012, 11:08 AM

(27-11-2012 10:54 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Believe it or not, Egor used to post some good ideas and arguments. But this current argument... meh. Dodgy

What current argument? I haven't made any argument in this thread. All I asked is what kind of proof you would need in order to believe that some kind of Divine creator exists?

Atheism is irrational. There is no atheist argument. Futhermore, the implications of atheism are horrific and beyond the psychology of the human mind to deal with. Fortunately, atheism is wrong. Only a conscious mind could establish the order required for the universe to exist. The fact that things have to be a certain way prior to the universe existing, that certain parameters have to be met, that certain things have to be true is proof that there is design in the universe. Design proves conscious involvement. Therefore, atheism is irrational. There is no atheist argument.

I love the way atheists will readily accept the existence of dark matter but refuse to believe in a Divine creator of any sort. When will you all learn that this is not about theology or cosmology. It's about psychology. Atheism is false. All that's interesting is why a person would want to hold such delusions. Here are the main reasons:

Homosexuality
Drug use
Narcissism
Oppositionalism
Fornication
Ignorance
Anti-religionism
PTSD
Sexual deviancy

I might be missing a couple of categories, but over the years, these are pretty much the reasons people are atheists. None of it has to do with the existence of God. It's simply that the idea of God often gets in the way of one of these reasons. Undecided
27-11-2012, 11:10 AM
(27-11-2012 11:08 AM)Egor Wrote:  Homosexuality
Drug use
Narcissism
Oppositionalism
Fornication
Ignorance
Anti-religionism
PTSD
Poor argument, considering anyone part of any faith or religion are guilty of all of these things. Thanks, come again. Drinking Beverage
Egor = Stupid

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
27-11-2012, 11:11 AM

(27-11-2012 10:57 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  And, I would hardly call these two ladies "preteen".

Even more creepy: preteens drawn with big breasts. I guess we know why you're an atheist. Yes
27-11-2012, 11:11 AM
(27-11-2012 11:08 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(27-11-2012 10:54 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Believe it or not, Egor used to post some good ideas and arguments. But this current argument... meh. Dodgy

What current argument? I haven't made any argument in this thread. All I asked is what kind of proof you would need in order to believe that some kind of Divine creator exists?

Atheism is irrational. There is no atheist argument. Futhermore, the implications of atheism are horrific and beyond the psychology of the human mind to deal with. Fortunately, atheism is wrong. Only a conscious mind could establish the order required for the universe to exist. The fact that things have to be a certain way prior to the universe existing, that certain parameters have to be met, that certain things have to be true is proof that there is design in the universe. Design proves conscious involvement. Therefore, atheism is irrational. There is no atheist argument.

I love the way atheists will readily accept the existence of dark matter but refuse to believe in a Divine creator of any sort. When will you all learn that this is not about theology or cosmology. It's about psychology. Atheism is false. All that's interesting is why a person would want to hold such delusions. Here are the main reasons:

Homosexuality
Drug use
Narcissism
Oppositionalism
Fornication
Ignorance
Anti-religionism
PTSD
Sexual deviancy

I might be missing a couple of categories, but over the years, these are pretty much the reasons people are atheists. None of it has to do with the existence of God. It's simply that the idea of God often gets in the way of one of these reasons. Undecided

Your unsupported opinions would be hilarious if they weren't so sad. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post