What Proof do Atheists Want?

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
27-11-2012, 03:00 PM
RE: What Proof do Atheists Want?
(25-11-2012 06:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  To those who believe in God, no proof is necessary--or perhaps it's just that we see proof everywhere. What's so frustrating about atheists is that they seem to refuse to see this proof, but maybe that's not fair. Maybe they really can't see any proof.

If you're an atheist (or theist) what proof do you need?
Why don't you heal an amputee, walk across a swimming pool, or call on Jesus to help you move a molehill by his will. All of these things were promised to you by your AWOL savior if you but had the faith of a Mustard Seed. So...show your faith - show us a miracle. Until then, why not be silent and learn?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2012, 03:12 PM
(27-11-2012 03:00 PM)Julius Wrote:  Why don't you heal an amputee, walk across a swimming pool, or call on Jesus to help you move a molehill by his will. All of these things were promised to you by your AWOL savior if you but had the faith of a Mustard Seed. So...show your faith - show us a miracle. Until then, why not be silent and learn?
If you've been around long enough, you'll remember that Egor has done a few things to deal with the bible's "issues" and has asserted a few of his own facts:

1. He rejects the old testament;
2. He has isolated the gospels as the only relevant texts, within which lie the 'proof' you request;
3. He has said it doesn't even matter if Jesus existed;
4. He has asserted that consciousness is evidence of a divine creator;
5. He has had personal experiences of precognition that 'prove' god;

The history of the gospels, however, makes them as dubious a source as any. I'm not sure why they survive his editorial process while the rest of the bible doesn't.

I don't mean to speak for you Egor, so correct me if numbers 1-5 are incorrect.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 2 users Like guitar_nut's post
27-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Sorry Egor, but I still don't buy it. Wink

You're far too intelligent to believe the crap you're spouting occasionally. I'm inclined to think that you're having a good time by trolling peeps on here.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
27-11-2012, 03:20 PM
If everything, including Egor's book on the gospels, his Verdicanism web site, and his numerous posts, are all just a prank... then he's the next Andy Kaufman.

I would bow in amazement.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
27-11-2012, 03:29 PM
(27-11-2012 03:20 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  If everything, including Egor's book on the gospels, his Verdicanism web site, and his numerous posts, are all just a prank... then he's the next Andy Kaufman.

I would bow in amazement.
Perhaps he suffers from schizophrenia. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
27-11-2012, 03:32 PM
(27-11-2012 03:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  spouting occasionally.
Occasionally?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
27-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Or you overestimate him, Vosur.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-11-2012, 06:22 PM

(27-11-2012 03:00 PM)Julius Wrote:  Why don't you heal an amputee, walk across a swimming pool, or call on Jesus to help you move a molehill by his will. All of these things were promised to you by your AWOL savior if you but had the faith of a Mustard Seed. So...show your faith - show us a miracle. Until then, why not be silent and learn?

Why do I have to do those things? Maybe I don't have a mustard seed of faith--maybe that's the point Jesus was making. Maybe the reason we can't do those things is because we don't have faith and never will, because we're not the Son of God.

Why don't you make an argument for the non-exsitence of God. If you can't do that one simple thing, then you need to get on your knees, shut the fuck up, and uh...receive from me. Laughat
Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2012, 06:25 PM

(27-11-2012 03:12 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  1. He rejects the old testament;
2. He has isolated the gospels as the only relevant texts, within which lie the 'proof' you request;
3. He has said it doesn't even matter if Jesus existed;
4. He has asserted that consciousness is evidence of a divine creator;
5. He has had personal experiences of precognition that 'prove' god;

The history of the gospels, however, makes them as dubious a source as any. I'm not sure why they survive his editorial process while the rest of the bible doesn't.

I don't mean to speak for you Egor, so correct me if numbers 1-5 are incorrect.

No, I think 1-5 are pretty correct. I would include 6. The apparent consciousness of protoza are also offered up as a proof of God.

Thanks for the summation. Hug
27-11-2012, 06:30 PM

(27-11-2012 03:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Sorry Egor, but I still don't buy it. Wink

You're far too intelligent to believe the crap you're spouting occasionally. I'm inclined to think that you're having a good time by trolling peeps on here.

Thank you. And I do enjoy trolling, but in this case I do believe what I'm saying.

I believe God exists.
I believe God is utterly incomprehensible.
I believe Jesus Christ, therefore, is the best revelation of God that man can have.

I will always believe Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

It's popular to think atheism is the "smart person's" belief system, but it's not. Nevertheless, I think forums like this are great, because in them we are all searching for God, and that's what life is all about.

In my ever-so-humble opinion.

Now, my extraction site has begun to bleed again, so you'll have to excuse me while I go re-gauze it. I talk too much, and God apparently has an ironic sense of humor.