What Proof do Atheists Want?

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
27-11-2012, 07:32 PM
RE: What Proof do Atheists Want?
(27-11-2012 06:30 PM)Egor Wrote:  Thank you. And I do enjoy trolling, but in this case I do believe what I'm saying.

I believe God exists.
I believe God is utterly incomprehensible.
I believe Jesus Christ, therefore, is the best revelation of God that man can have.

I will always believe Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

It's popular to think atheism is the "smart person's" belief system, but it's not. Nevertheless, I think forums like this are great, because in them we are all searching for God, and that's what life is all about.

In my ever-so-humble opinion.

Now, my extraction site has begun to bleed again, so you'll have to excuse me while I go re-gauze it. I talk too much, and God apparently has an ironic sense of humor.

Believe, believe, believe, believe. Honestly I laughed at that part, I find unsubstantiated beliefs equal parts funny and depressing, I must say.

There is one thing I take issue with; your statement about forums such as this.

What gives you the implication that "we are all searching for god"? I am here for pseudo-social interaction and to learn. More I learn, the more knowledge I have, the more I know, the easier it will be to discern truth for falsehood. neither my perpetual hunt for what could be considered truth, or my desire to learn are "searching for god".

Truth and god are in no way congruent; It is possible for god to not exist, but impossible for truth not to exist.

(Also, why must you capitalize "way", "truth" and "life"? They should not be capitalized unless beginning a sentence.)

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2012, 07:39 PM
As and intelligent and lucid person I would believe in a creator if I witnessed what I believed to be a miracle. I would first consider my mental state and whether or not I could be insane or delusional.

For example, if I woke up one morning and a Christmas tree was 6 foot tall growing up out of my concrete foundation I'd have my wife verify that I'm not hallucinating then have the neighbor confirm that my wife isn't hallucinating. A supernatural or 'magical' event like that would convince me that there is something other than what we know.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
27-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Re: RE: What Proof do Atheists Want?
(27-11-2012 07:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  (Also, why must you capitalize "way", "truth" and "life"? They should not be capitalized unless beginning a sentence.)

Because if you capitalize a word that means it's magic, of course.

It's a shame that Egor is so terrorized by his religion that the mere possibility that he might be on the path to leaving childish things behind caused him to regress like this. It's like seeing a five year old regress to breast feeding after finding out Santa isn't real. Sad, and it's unclear what I can do to help him.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
27-11-2012, 07:42 PM
(27-11-2012 06:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  Why don't you make an argument for the non-exsitence of God. If you can't do that one simple thing, then you need to get on your knees, shut the fuck up, and uh...receive from me. Laughat

I cannot prove to you that God doesn't exist. You cannot prove that God exists. But you can prove how childish, trollish and bad example of being a Christian is.

You guys have fun in this pointless thread.
27-11-2012, 07:46 PM
(27-11-2012 07:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  There is one thing I take issue with; your statement about forums such as this.

What gives you the implication that "we are all searching for god"? I am here for pseudo-social interaction and to learn. More I learn, the more knowledge I have, the more I know, the easier it will be to discern truth for falsehood. neither my perpetual hunt for what could be considered truth, or my desire to learn are "searching for god".

Truth and god are in no way congruent;

He could have been using "god" in a metaphorical sense here.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Given the reference to Jeebus, seemed to me, 'e was talking about a deity of sorts. It seemed a logical to respond in kind based on such wording and my assumption.

Besides, I'm not one for metaphor and philosobull, never caught on.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-11-2012, 09:12 PM
(25-11-2012 06:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  To those who believe in God, no proof is necessary--or perhaps it's just that we see proof everywhere. What's so frustrating about atheists is that they seem to refuse to see this proof, but maybe that's not fair. Maybe they really can't see any proof.

If you're an atheist (or theist) what proof do you need?
I dont need any proof or any test or re-test. Any god at all Zeus, Odin, Thor, Hercules, Gawd; if any of them would simply show up and say hello, I'd be an instant believer. At this point, I'd even take a burning bush.
28-11-2012, 01:01 AM

(27-11-2012 07:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  What gives you the implication that "we are all searching for god"? I am here for pseudo-social interaction and to learn.

You're here for fake social interaction?

[/quote](Also, why must you capitalize "way", "truth" and "life"? They should not be capitalized unless beginning a sentence.)
[/quote]

Because I fucking feel like it.

I am way too loaded on opiates right now to so much as think. I need to just go to bed.
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2012, 01:04 AM

(27-11-2012 07:39 PM)germanyt Wrote:  As and intelligent and lucid person I would believe in a creator if I witnessed what I believed to be a miracle. I would first consider my mental state and whether or not I could be insane or delusional.

For example, if I woke up one morning and a Christmas tree was 6 foot tall growing up out of my concrete foundation I'd have my wife verify that I'm not hallucinating then have the neighbor confirm that my wife isn't hallucinating. A supernatural or 'magical' event like that would convince me that there is something other than what we know.

How would that be a proof that God exists?
28-11-2012, 01:07 AM

(27-11-2012 07:42 PM)kpax Wrote:  I cannot prove to you that God doesn't exist. You cannot prove that God exists. But you can prove how childish, trollish and bad example of being a Christian is.

You guys have fun in this pointless thread.

I love it--I fucking love it better than anything in my debates with atheists--when an atheist claims there is no God and then expects Christians to act like Christians. You depend on us to keep your world working an you know it. A world of atheists would be an unthinkable civilization.