What Proof do Atheists Want?

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
25-11-2012, 10:48 AM
RE: What Proof do Atheists Want?
(25-11-2012 06:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  To those who believe in God, no proof is necessary--or perhaps it's just that we see proof everywhere. What's so frustrating about atheists is that they seem to refuse to see this proof, but maybe that's not fair. Maybe they really can't see any proof.

If you're an atheist (or theist) what proof do you need?

I assume you are wanting us to believe that your particular God exists?
why should I believe your God just happens to be the one that created everything that exists?

Unlike others on this site who will likely tell you (I havent read the replies yet) that they need objective evidence, something that can be tested empiracally and then re tested, That would be wonderful but I dont need that, Im not an Atheist so what I would need is PERSONAL experience or evidence that your God is real, It would need to come speak to me, It would need to send me a message, when I pray it would need to respond in like, when I cast a spell it would need to appear to me, I mean it would need to something, Looking around at The Universe/Nature does not prove YOUR God is real to me, It proves my god.
Actually I would welcome a debate with you because it would give me a chance to go over some beliefs I have long held to see if they can stand up to reason, I like to do that, play devils advocate so to speak Wink
Lets start with a basic, who is your God, how can I get in touch with it?
Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2012, 10:50 AM
No, no, no!

God is a snuggie, pure and simple.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2012, 10:50 AM
(25-11-2012 09:50 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(25-11-2012 09:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  No. Drinking Beverage
Does it have a beard?
No, but he does have one giant "you-know-what". And it prolly has a name. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-11-2012, 10:51 AM
(25-11-2012 10:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-11-2012 09:50 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Does it have a beard?
No, but he does have one giant "you-know-what". And it prolly has a name. Tongue

"The Holy Spirit"

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 4 users Like Phaedrus's post
25-11-2012, 10:53 AM
What Proof do Atheists Want?
I'd settle for being granted 3 wishes. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
25-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Tea cup perhaps? Guitar playing? I dunno. Guitar playing seems unlikely. But a teacup is probable.
25-11-2012, 10:55 AM
More likely than most.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
25-11-2012, 10:57 AM
I am not an atheist. I am also not a religionist. I believe that there is something out there greater than the individual human. I call that thing God for convenience sake. I cannot prove it exists. However, by my definition, none of the self proclaimed athiests I have had discussions with are. NOTE: My definition does not require God to be omniscient, omnibenevolent or even self-aware.
25-11-2012, 11:00 AM
So what?

You're a Deist?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
25-11-2012, 11:01 AM
(25-11-2012 10:57 AM)chandrashakti Wrote:  I am not an atheist. I am also not a religionist. I believe that there is something out there greater than the individual human. I call that thing God for convenience sake. I cannot prove it exists. However, by my definition, none of the self proclaimed athiests I have had discussions with are. NOTE: My definition does not require God to be omniscient, omnibenevolent or even self-aware.
Why not call it Fred?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post