What Proof do Theists Want?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2012, 09:53 PM
RE: What Proof do Theists Want?
Hey, Girly.

Kafka? Or vodka? I got drunk and thought I turned into a bug once. Then me and Gregor went to Algeria and killed a guy on the beach. Then the Cure wrote a song about it.... Didn't I push this boulder up this hill already... where am I? I'm cold and there's wolves after me...

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ghost's post
27-11-2012, 10:59 PM
You can't prove a negative.

27-11-2012, 11:03 PM
What Proof do Theists Want?
(27-11-2012 10:59 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  You can't prove a negative.

Sez you. Cool

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
27-11-2012, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2012 11:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-11-2012 09:53 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Girly.

Kafka? Or vodka? I got drunk and thought I turned into a bug once.

What'd you do with that Matt? 'Cause I'm pretty sure Girly grasped something entirely different with the Lizard King.. ... But it's all good brother.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
27-11-2012, 11:29 PM
(27-11-2012 09:53 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Girly.

Kafka? Or vodka? I got drunk and thought I turned into a bug once. Then me and Gregor went to Algeria and killed a guy on the beach. Then the Cure wrote a song about it.... Didn't I push this boulder up this hill already... where am I? I'm cold and there's wolves after me...

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
You Kant be serious.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
28-11-2012, 12:56 AM

(27-11-2012 06:34 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Egor: Thank you for answering, especially with such an honest albeit crazy answer. Being in the mental health business doesn't something like this worry you or set off alarms? I hope you aren't crazy.

Whatever. If you don't sense an observer in your consciousness, then I pity you. You're nothing more than an animal. It's no wonder you're an atheist.
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2012, 02:40 AM
(28-11-2012 12:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(27-11-2012 06:34 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Egor: Thank you for answering, especially with such an honest albeit crazy answer. Being in the mental health business doesn't something like this worry you or set off alarms? I hope you aren't crazy.

Whatever. If you don't sense an observer in your consciousness, then I pity you. You're nothing more than an animal. It's no wonder you're an atheist.

Seriously? Are you trolling? You really think people here, people with whom you communicate and share ideas, people who have been kind (and sometimes not so kind) to you - you really think we're animals?

You really think animals are atheists? Well, actually, they are, but I should have said "You really think atheists are animals?" instead.

You, sir, are a nut job:

If you have one voice in your head, it's yours - your conscious mind likes to subvocalize your thoughts. If you have two voices in your head, they're both yours and you're crazy. People with voices (plural) in their heads either get psychological help or end up being committed to the loony bin.

If you have one observer in your head, it's yours - your conscious mind observes the world around you and converts those observations into thoughts and memories. If you have two observers in your head, they're both yours and you're crazy. People with two (or more) distinct consciousnesses in their heads suffer from Multiple Personality Disorder and either get psychological help or end up being committed to the loony bin.

So, why does your "observer" deserve special pleading while everyone else with the same problem is crazy?

I just asked several devout Christian acquaintances if any of them have an "observer" in their heads that they identify as god. None of them do. I quoted your post. They don't share your special pleading. They think you're crazy.

Here's a fun thought experiment - go to a courtroom and tell the judge that you have an observer in your head. You think it's god. See if the judge agrees with your special pleading. Make sure he's not an atheist judge - you wouldn't want an animal to commit you to the loony bin now would you?

Dude, really, whatever else you do, get mad at me, call me names, whatever you want, but go find a qualified therapist and talk to him about this.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
28-11-2012, 03:42 AM
(28-11-2012 02:40 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  ...
"You really think atheists are animals?" instead.

I'm animal... and proud of it.

*goes off to play some drums*

28-11-2012, 07:55 AM
(28-11-2012 12:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  If you don't sense an observer in your consciousness, then I pity you.
You should see a psychiatrist. Confused

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
28-11-2012, 08:21 AM
I think that Egor temporarily forgot that he is an animal.

*cough*linktohumanclassification *cough*

Assuming Egor is human... You are a human, right Egor?

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newest Accusation For Proof That Atheists Are Evil: Dr. Kevorkian Was Atheist! WindyCityJazz 3 110 22-07-2014 07:54 PM
Last Post: Smercury44
  "The mind is proof of god's existence." Chujutsu 162 4,654 21-07-2014 03:42 PM
Last Post: Free Thought
  Non insulting ways of messing with theists? Shadow Fox 8 183 11-07-2014 11:39 AM
Last Post: Reltzik
  Why We Let Theists Stay On Our Forum: Because We Have No Fear WindyCityJazz 36 774 02-07-2014 03:16 PM
Last Post: TarzanSmith
  Yes, Atheists Should Be Patient With Theists, But We Also Have The Right To Get Angry WindyCityJazz 19 424 23-06-2014 08:17 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Proof Yahweh isn't real. TSG 40 1,944 18-06-2014 12:57 PM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
Tongue Fuck off Theists, we have already won: sporehux 6 147 13-06-2014 02:28 AM
Last Post: Michael_Tadlock