E & D & Maybe F, but not C
[Show Results]

What Should Erxomai Do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Rainbow What Should Erxomai Do?
The Rainbow Motif is an homage to Mr. Woof. Smile

Kingsy inspired this question with his School Financial Aid thread.

Sometimes I have tunnel vision when looking at a problem, so I'm going public with this question to help me look outside the box.

The situation:
I'd like to go to Grad School in the Fall of 2013.

The dilemma:
How to pay for said Grad School tuition.

Compounding Factors:
I don't earn enough money to "pay as I go."
I don't want to end up with a massive mountain of debt when I graduate. (A small hill of debt would be okay).
I have poor credit and have spent the past 25+ years paying off undergraduate and seminary debt.

The Solution:
Well, that's where insight is appreciated from the outside. I'm stuck in the place where I don't think this can be done. Yet, it's been a recurring theme of desire since I was in high school, so I'm not willing to give up on the dream.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Jokes?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2012, 10:20 AM
RE: What Should Erxomai Do?
Rent out your sexual organs.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 7 users Like frankiej's post
15-11-2012, 10:23 AM
I still say look into getting your Master's and take out the loans. You can find good Master programs that would only set you back 5-10K.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
15-11-2012, 10:32 AM
If I am to come up with any applicable answers, I'll need more details such as...
-time frame
-amount of money needed
-level of laziness
-level of insanity (although I have a pretty good idea)

Given these I can come up with either a logical plan or an insane scheme.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
15-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Sell drugs on 'evens' , your ass on 'odds' and preach on 'primes'.

Seriously though, I don't know shit about financing. I just learned last month I could've been getting an extra 1000-2000 bucks a month for school for the last year which all I really needed to do was ask, but I am a retard.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
15-11-2012, 10:47 AM
(15-11-2012 10:32 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  If I am to come up with any applicable answers, I'll need more details such as...
-time frame
-amount of money needed
-level of laziness

I shall answer with great fear and trepidation:

-time frame: Wanting to start in the Fall of 2013. Would ideally like to complete in 2-3 years.
-amount of money needed: Somewhere in the range of $30K-$45K, US$
-level of laziness: Very
-level of insanity (although I have a pretty good idea): High but that should help me in the field of Clinical Social Work.

One other factor: At this time, I want to stay local and not move to another state. This limits me to the University of Washington (first choice) and a couple of Professional Diploma Mill Schools.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
15-11-2012, 11:54 AM
(15-11-2012 10:47 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(15-11-2012 10:32 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  If I am to come up with any applicable answers, I'll need more details such as...
-time frame
-amount of money needed
-level of laziness

I shall answer with great fear and trepidation:

-time frame: Wanting to start in the Fall of 2013. Would ideally like to complete in 2-3 years.
-level of insanity (although I have a pretty good idea): High but that should help me in the field of Clinical Social Work.

One other factor: At this time, I want to stay local and not move to another state. This limits me to the University of Washington (first choice) and a couple of Professional Diploma Mill Schools.
Interesting.
Given these factors I can say that your best option is to wait. Maybe a year, maybe longer. The amount of money required is substantial for the given time frame. Unless you win the lottery I doubt you will be able to acquire the needed amount. I suggest you begin saving now and meditate on this decision before committing such large amount of time and money.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
15-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Eric, Oh My!
[+] 2 users Like Magoo's post
15-11-2012, 12:40 PM
(15-11-2012 11:54 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  
(15-11-2012 10:47 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I shall answer with great fear and trepidation:

Interesting.
Given these factors I can say that your best option is to wait. Maybe a year, maybe longer. The amount of money required is substantial for the given time frame. Unless you win the lottery I doubt you will be able to acquire the needed amount. I suggest you begin saving now and meditate on this decision before committing such large amount of time and money.
Or, maybe I can turn Magoo into a Lady Boy and service the Tourists in Thailand.

~Izel
15-11-2012, 12:40 PM
And how much do you earn? Just so I can play with the numbers a little? Can you stay at your stop while grad school or would you have to stop working? Are there evening courses? stuff stuff?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user