B & D only
E & D & Maybe F, but not C
[Show Results]

What Should Erxomai Do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2012, 08:43 PM
RE: What Should Erxomai Do?
(15-11-2012 08:36 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I know someone looking for a green card, if you're interested.
I thought that you were covering that one.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
15-11-2012, 09:29 PM
What Should Erxomai Do?
(15-11-2012 07:37 PM)Near Wrote:  You can do it Erxy. I've been saving up for like, 2 years. Hopefully
I'll have enough saved up to go to school full time next fall. It's not
easy, but it's going to be worth it. If this 24 year old whipper
snapper can do it, you surely can Big Grin Thumbsup

At first I was all Thumbsup
Then I did quick math and realized next birthday I'll be twice your age and so then I was all Weeping

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
15-11-2012, 09:34 PM
(15-11-2012 08:43 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(15-11-2012 08:36 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I know someone looking for a green card, if you're interested.
I thought that you were covering that one.

I've decide against, based on advice from TTAers.

What's the biggest driving force behind this desire, btw?

15-11-2012, 09:49 PM
(15-11-2012 09:29 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(15-11-2012 07:37 PM)Near Wrote:  You can do it Erxy. I've been saving up for like, 2 years. Hopefully
I'll have enough saved up to go to school full time next fall. It's not
easy, but it's going to be worth it. If this 24 year old whipper
snapper can do it, you surely can Big Grin Thumbsup

At first I was all Thumbsup
Then I did quick math and realized next birthday I'll be twice your age and so then I was all Weeping
Don't be sad, I thought you were much much older than that. Tongue

Hey, I feel like an old person too (realizing now that it sounds like I am saying you are old...I am not Dodgy ) I'm 24 and I've done shit all with my life. I feel like I'm going to be 70 something any day now. You have the life experiences and the maturity to follow through on your dreams. I say: Do it. You'll regret it so much if you don't. It may be a rough few years, but having accomplished your goal, you will see it was all worth it.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Near's post
16-11-2012, 12:15 AM
Hey DLJ while you're talking about marriage, I think you need to take this into consideration.

Asian women may seem attractive now...

[Image: asian_aging_process.jpg]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
16-11-2012, 12:45 AM
What Should Erxomai Do?
(16-11-2012 12:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hey DLJ while you're talking about marriage, I think you need to take this into consideration.

[Image: asian_aging_process.jpg]

This could work to my advantage. If she's young enough, I probably don't have that many years to live so I just make sure I die before she hits Kim Il Jong's stage:    

~Izel
16-11-2012, 02:00 AM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2012 02:12 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Erxy, you could consider getting a job in one of the large hospital systems, in another capacity than that of a social worker. Many of the systems offer considerable tuition reimbursement for their employees that have career aspirations that they could use. It might help defray , or limit the debt load. Just an idea. ALso there are ways to play the Pell Grant game, I hear. If you are actually unemployed when you apply, you might be eligible for a lot more than if you were working full time. Ask KC.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-11-2012, 02:19 AM
(16-11-2012 12:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hey DLJ while you're talking about marriage, I think you need to take this into consideration.

Wow! That's so true. I had remarked on that to my local friends and they say the same.

16-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Start a religion, many people have become rich that way.... Maybe you'll earn so much you will forget why you started in the first place Tongue

if your faith can move mountains it should be able to withstand criticism
[+] 2 users Like SomeOne's post
16-11-2012, 10:46 AM
(15-11-2012 10:18 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  The Rainbow Motif is an homage to Mr. Woof. Smile

Kingsy inspired this question with his School Financial Aid thread.

Sometimes I have tunnel vision when looking at a problem, so I'm going public with this question to help me look outside the box.

The situation:
I'd like to go to Grad School in the Fall of 2013.

The dilemma:
How to pay for said Grad School tuition.

Compounding Factors:
I don't earn enough money to "pay as I go."
I don't want to end up with a massive mountain of debt when I graduate. (A small hill of debt would be okay).
I have poor credit and have spent the past 25+ years paying off undergraduate and seminary debt.

The Solution:
Well, that's where insight is appreciated from the outside. I'm stuck in the place where I don't think this can be done. Yet, it's been a recurring theme of desire since I was in high school, so I'm not willing to give up on the dream.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Jokes?
Two things!

Speak to a someone at a school you're interested in and see if they can point you to resources for financial help for older students/career changers!

Make the first move in our chess game...just sayin Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post