What The Bible Says About The End Of The World

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2 Average
30-10-2012, 12:08 PM
RE: What The Bible Says About The End Of The World
(30-10-2012 11:17 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 08:32 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Here's the shorter version on the same subject:

The Bible says absolutely nothing about the end of the world.

In fact, I specifically remember saying this prayer when I used to be a Christian:

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.

Also, heaven is supposed to be here on Earth after the second coming of Jesus. How could that be if the world came to an end...?

You didn't read it, did you? The end of the world happened before. The flood, for example, the end of the Jewish system. The world and the earth are not the same things.

The usual definitions of the world and the earth are the same things. However, I'll grant you that dictionaries say "world" can mean other things like mankind as a whole. If that was your meaning, it was far from clear in your post, however, and yes I did read it.

That said, the flood never happened and I don't know what "Jewish system" you are referring to that supposedly ended. Even if one did, Jews are not the world. Mankind as a whole has never ceased to exist (even with the fictional flood, Noah and family survived) so the world, even by your usage, has never ended.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
30-10-2012, 12:32 PM
(30-10-2012 11:17 AM)The Theist Wrote:  ... The end of the world happened before. The flood, for example ...

Ok, so the East Coast is having a torrid time right now... but, y'know, it's not the end of the world, is it?

30-10-2012, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2012 02:08 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-10-2012 11:17 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 08:32 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Here's the shorter version on the same subject:

The Bible says absolutely nothing about the end of the world.

In fact, I specifically remember saying this prayer when I used to be a Christian:

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.

Also, heaven is supposed to be here on Earth after the second coming of Jesus. How could that be if the world came to an end...?

You didn't read it, did you? The end of the world happened before. The flood, for example, the end of the Jewish system. The world and the earth are not the same things.

The Flood, (from Gilgamesh), was the end of nothing. It was a (metaphorical) new beginning. MTCGT, (Mikey-The-Conflicted-Gay-Theist), doesn't know about metaphor.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
30-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Lenny Bruce is not afraid. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-10-2012, 01:42 PM
(30-10-2012 12:32 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Ok, so the East Coast is having a torrid time right now... but, y'know, it's not the end of the world, is it?

That makes no sense to me, Dave. The most recent (future) end of the world culminates in a destruction, first of religion by the governments, an end to the commercial and then an end to the governments of the world. The duel power of the US and Britain with the U.N. as their puppet, is the final world power. God's government will replace the governments of the world.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-10-2012, 01:45 PM
(30-10-2012 12:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Flood, (from Gilgamesh), was the end of nothing. It was a (metaphorical) new beginning. MTCGT, (Mikey-The-Conflicted-Gay_Theist), doesn't know about metaphor.

Don't be such a pram, you pansy git. You need to get used to the fact that not everyone agrees with your indoctrination. Someday you may have to join the real world.
30-10-2012, 02:15 PM
(30-10-2012 01:42 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 12:32 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Ok, so the East Coast is having a torrid time right now... but, y'know, it's not the end of the world, is it?

That makes no sense to me,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litotes

(30-10-2012 01:42 PM)The Theist Wrote:  ... Dave...

Who?

(30-10-2012 01:42 PM)The Theist Wrote:  ... The duel power of the US and Britain with the U.N. as their puppet, is the final world power...

Final but one.

(30-10-2012 01:42 PM)The Theist Wrote:  ... God's government ...

What does that even mean?

Ah I get it... you reckon that PRC = god. They might agree.

30-10-2012, 02:18 PM
(30-10-2012 01:45 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 12:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Flood, (from Gilgamesh), was the end of nothing. It was a (metaphorical) new beginning. MTCGT, (Mikey-The-Conflicted-Gay_Theist), doesn't know about metaphor.

Don't be such a pram, you pansy git. You need to get used to the fact that not everyone agrees with your indoctrination. Someday you may have to join the real world.

Look who's calling whom a "pansy", you homophobic asshole fucking jerk ? Listen fuckhead. YOU are EVERY bit a "pansy" as I am. It's not an insult fuckhead. It's one of the reason I waited to come out. No one could believe it ... "but ..YOU"...."you're one of the jocks". Sorry you old fool. The "pansy" bullshit is a stereotype that people in the real world know is 100 % false, you fucking old fool. Take a trip over to your local bar, in Atlanta. They probably won't let you in, as you're too ugly, and too old, but 50 % of the kids there are jocks from the athletic teams in the Atlanta schools. None of them would look at you twice, but it might open your eyes. Ever been to the "Library" in Buckhead ? I doubt it. It's packed to the gills, with guys who would bust you if you said that to their face. I see your so-called "theism" has done great things for your happiness, and character, you fucking homophobic judgmental asshole.

As for "metaphor", it's just more proof of your ignorant status, and the fact you have no education, and just as all American Southern rednecks, only understand litersim, and childish notions of literature, whether Biblical or otherwise.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
30-10-2012, 02:57 PM
(30-10-2012 02:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 01:45 PM)The Theist Wrote:  Don't be such a pram, you pansy git. You need to get used to the fact that not everyone agrees with your indoctrination. Someday you may have to join the real world.

Look who's calling whom a "pansy", you homophobic asshole fucking jerk ? Listen fuckhead. YOU are EVERY bit a "pansy" as I am. It's not an insult fuckhead. It's one of the reason I waited to come out. No one could believe it ... "but ..YOU"...."you're one of the jocks". Sorry you old fool. The "pansy" bullshit is a stereotype that people in the real world know is 100 % false, you fucking old fool. Take a trip over to your local bar, in Atlanta. They probably won't let you in, as you're too ugly, and too old, but 50 % of the kids there are jocks from the athletic teams in the Atlanta schools. None of them would look at you twice, but it might open your eyes. Ever been to the "Library" in Buckhead ? I doubt it. It's packed to the gills, with guys who would bust you if you said that to their face. I see your so-called "theism" has done great things for your happiness, and character, you fucking homophobic judgmental asshole.

As for "metaphor", it's just more proof of your ignorant status, and the fact you have no education, and just as all American Southern rednecks, only understand litersim, and childish notions of literature, whether Biblical or otherwise.

Awww *pats on head*

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
30-10-2012, 03:58 PM
(30-10-2012 02:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Ever been to the "Library" in Buckhead ?

Don't worry, surely your grandfather can pay one of them to fuck even your snooty little pram ass. Better hurry, though, you sound like you need to get laid. Pansy.