What The Bible Says About The End Of The World

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2 Average
30-10-2012, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2012 11:24 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: What The Bible Says About The End Of The World
(30-10-2012 09:43 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 04:04 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  How about calm down, and stop being so reactionary.

The idiot has been slandering me since I stepped my foot in the door. Most of the time I ignore it. Occasionally I put the ignorant little prick in his place.

You have succeeded not once in "putting" anyone anywhere. Your mountains of unanswered refutations put the lie to you, you ignorant pompous old fart. Try harder The-Conflicted-Gay-Theist. You're even more deluded than anyone imagined.

"Oh, no. not that....slander, oh, mercy. I believe I might just have the vapours Miss Scarlet. I've been SLANDERED. Oh Oh. I must recline upon my chaise. Have you any smelling salts for my vapours, Miss Scarlet ? I believe I may just swoon. Oh Oh Oh."

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-10-2012, 11:16 PM
It's easy to see in hindsight that Jesus wasn't returning so quickly, but at the time, these passages probably meant different things to the Early Christians. The ambiguity of the phrases could also cause confusion.

Isn't it odd that the alleged creator of communication is so awful at clarifying what He means? Don't you wish that such an explanation as you've provided was found in the bible so it wouldn't have to be repeated in atheist forums?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Starcrash's post
30-10-2012, 11:59 PM
(30-10-2012 11:16 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  It's easy to see in hindsight that Jesus wasn't returning so quickly, but at the time, these passages probably meant different things to the Early Christians. The ambiguity of the phrases could also cause confusion.

Isn't it odd that the alleged creator of communication is so awful at clarifying what He means? Don't you wish that such an explanation as you've provided was found in the bible so it wouldn't have to be repeated in atheist forums?

Agreed. You'd think if such an amazing being of sorts is capable of being "the creator of the universe" that at the very least, the "most important document" in history would not be so open to interpretation and unclear.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
31-10-2012, 03:45 AM
(30-10-2012 09:43 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 04:04 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  How about calm down, and stop being so reactionary.

The idiot has been slandering me since I stepped my foot in the door. Most of the time I ignore it. Occasionally I put the ignorant little prick in his place.

“I say this to you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.” (Matt. 5:44, NJB).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
31-10-2012, 07:41 AM
(30-10-2012 01:45 PM)The Theist Wrote:  you pansy
God's government will replace the governments of the world.
Now I'm thinkin' Alzheimer's. Who even says "pansy" in 2012, other than a OLD Southerner.
We'll just see how that "god's" government thing works out when he ends up on the outside looking in. Ever notice how ALL the old timers end-timers always assume THEY are on the good side.

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
31-10-2012, 07:58 AM
(31-10-2012 07:41 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 01:45 PM)The Theist Wrote:  you pansy
God's government will replace the governments of the world.
Now I'm thinkin' Alzheimer's. Who even says "pansy" in 2012, other than a OLD Southerner.
We'll just see how that "god's" government thing works out when he ends up on the outside looking in. Ever notice how ALL the old timers end-timers always assume THEY are on the good side.

Did we ever figure out which god's government?Drinking Beverage

The Caliphate wouldn't be much fun going from the Taliban, besides the Kid has to have his music. I'm so done with witch burnings and inquisitions...so hopefully not that one! We do not have enough volcanic activity to keep Pele happy. I like reading the Nordic myths but lets face it, Odin is a bit of a dick. Molech? Nah, what a tool. Too many choices and not enough reality.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
31-10-2012, 08:41 AM
(31-10-2012 07:58 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 07:41 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Now I'm thinkin' Alzheimer's. Who even says "pansy" in 2012, other than a OLD Southerner.

Did we ever figure out which god's government?Drinking Beverage

The Caliphate wouldn't be much fun going from the Taliban, besides the Kid has to have his music. I'm so done with witch burnings and inquisitions...so hopefully not that one! We do not have enough volcanic activity to keep Pele happy. I like reading the Nordic myths but lets face it, Odin is a bit of a dick. Molech? Nah, what a tool. Too many choices and not enough reality.

All we have to do is look at Israel or Iran to see how theocracy works out. Just when you think those in power are THE most insane people possible, along comes another nut job, who thinks THEY are more righteous, and has more "revealed" truth.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post