What. The. F*!#

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2014, 06:59 PM
RE: What. The. F*!#
Come on, BMason!
There's a perfectly sane explanation to the noises.
I once heard noises in my basement that actually frightened me enough that I grabbed one of my guns & walked all poised for a shootout down there calling out to anyone who didn't want to get shot to show themselves before it was too late.
The point = I grabbed a weapon! I didn't call the Ghost Busters Undecided

Bottom line this is an old house, so it's constantly creaking and settling and the pipes make weird ass noises, sometimes. I'm sure the noises you're hearing are something harmless along those lines! Investigate and get back to us Shy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
07-01-2014, 07:11 PM
Just in case it's not inside the walls or pipes, put up a camera or two and see what you get.

Record all of the "ghostly" data (e.g.: time, location, description, duration, etc.). Perhaps you'll find that it occurs only while someone is doing laundry, or only when it's windy. Search for the natural cause.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
07-01-2014, 07:23 PM
(07-01-2014 05:04 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Anyway at around 23:15 I hear a dumb bell drop. Now I'm a gym person, I know what the fuck a dumb bell sounds like when it's dropped.

What weight was the dumbbell? The dumbbell might be trying to tell you something. Girly's doing 10-12 reps of dumbbell rows with a 100 lbs. The 125-pounder is calling to me. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
07-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Dayum girly is strong

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
07-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Hobo in the wall space, apparently a buff one.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
08-01-2014, 04:47 AM
How do I know you're really black? EVERY white person in EVERY horror movie is already dead on the lawn because they went "To check out the noise"

Don't know what to say, though. I don't believe in ghosts. That shit is scary as hell, though!
08-01-2014, 05:03 AM
Ok guys and gals. I played a little detective and formulated some possible reasons to the noises heard. Actually I think I have an explanation for everything and I feel good about myself.

The scratching noises: The guest house has a roof structure that's different from the main house. It's made of corrigated iron. There are trees in the area with branches that reach out onto the roof. When the wind blows hard enough (it was windy last night) it moves the branches making a scratching noise. It was hot during the day and houses expand in heat. They contract during the evening when it's cooler making creeks and cracks. No ghost.

The dropped object: This has still got me thinking. It could've been a hard fruit falling or something happening with the geyser in the attic.

The sounds of people swimming: There's an infinity edge pool here and on the other side of the edge is a "reservoir" that catches the excess water that goes over. This would make splashes that would sound like someone's swimming. No ghost.

Toilets flushing themselves: The toilets here are the flush button type. Sometimes the buttons get jammed so that water is constantly leaking out into the bowl. So this causes the refill mechanism to keep working and it sounds like the toilet just got flushed.

The slaming doors: Some of the windows don't close 100%. So there's a slight over ventilation issue that could be the cause of this.

Logic and reason rules!

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 2 users Like BlackMason's post
08-01-2014, 05:42 AM
And what about:
"There's a particular sound of a person walking about the yard."

My money's on ...
[Image: scooby_doo_unmask_by_midgear-d5ag70y.jpg]

08-01-2014, 06:17 AM
Yeah, nice reasoning dude Smile I used to freak out over shit like that... took me a while to calm down and listen to the ol' voice of reason. I think it's evolutionary. In the bad old days your chances of reproducing might have slimmed down a lot if you heard funny noises at night and *didn't* freak the fuck out. So even now I still get creeped out sometimes even though I know full well that that shit ain't real.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-01-2014, 07:24 AM
(08-01-2014 06:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  Yeah, nice reasoning dude Smile I used to freak out over shit like that... took me a while to calm down and listen to the ol' voice of reason. I think it's evolutionary. In the bad old days your chances of reproducing might have slimmed down a lot if you heard funny noises at night and *didn't* freak the fuck out. So even now I still get creeped out sometimes even though I know full well that that shit ain't real.

It is likely an outcome of our evolution. Identifying agency for sounds and sights and making more false positive conclusions than false negatives would contribute to survivability.

We are definitely wired to fear things that go bump in the night.

[Image: il_570xN.267778469.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post