Poll: Past, Present Or Future?
Past Positive: Them good ol' days.
Past Negative: If only....
Present Hedonistic: Pleasure / pain
Present Fatalistic: What's the point? :sigh:
Future "Worker": Those lilies of the field knew nothing!
Future "Afterlife": Life begins after death!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
What Time Are You?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2014, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2014 07:12 AM by DLJ.)
What Time Are You?
Open poll.
You can choose more than one.

This YouTubity set me off on a re-evaluation trail through past relationships and current friendships.

It made me think of compatibility / incompatibility issues and such.

The tangent towards the end regarding technology-soaked young minds also made me wonder about training / coaching techniques (a subject close to my heart) and whether there was really any difference between young minds past and present.

Any opinions?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2014, 09:00 AM
RE: What Time Are You?
Present Hedonistic: Pleasure / pain
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
24-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Might need to add:
Paradox
Future: "Futurist" Everything will be better!
??? : "Existential Nihilist" (I don't know what to insert here.)

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
24-04-2014, 09:07 AM
(24-04-2014 09:03 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Might need to add:
Paradox

Quite probably there are variants on a continuum. I was just going with the loose definitions that were mentioned in the YouTubity.

Are you going to vote?

24-04-2014, 09:11 AM
(24-04-2014 09:07 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 09:03 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Might need to add:
Paradox

Quite probably there are variants on a continuum. I was just going with the loose definitions that were mentioned in the YouTubity.

Are you going to vote?
Probably not. I'm a existential, nihilistic, evidentialistic, futuristic, (as in futurist.) godless, realist.
None of these options fit.

[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
24-04-2014, 09:14 AM
(24-04-2014 09:11 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  ...
Probably not. I'm a existential, nihilistic, evidentialistic, futuristic, (as in futurist.) godless, realist.

Me too. Almost. But delete 'futurist' and insert 'wreckless, shameless, sociopathic hedonist' ... so the choice was easy for me.

24-04-2014, 09:19 AM
(24-04-2014 09:14 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 09:11 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  ...

Me too. Almost. But delete 'futurist' and insert 'wreckless, shameless, sociopathic hedonist' ... so the choice was easy for me.

Hmm. I would be cautious fullist. As in, live your life to the fullest. (But don't be toooooooo dangerous.)

[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
24-04-2014, 09:30 AM
(24-04-2014 09:19 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  ...
Hmm. I would be cautious fullist. As in, live your life to the fullest. (But don't be toooooooo dangerous.)

Methinks that puts you in the Present: Hedonist and the Non-religious Future categories.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-04-2014, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2014 10:53 PM by kim.)
So... I didn't view the video, I went with the face value of what was presented in the poll. And I only voted for one but...

I voted: Present Hedonistic: Pleasure / pain* ... I'm not quite certain about anyone else's possible implications of those particular words... but ... yea, Present; I often act and react more to now.

I also often consider...
But not in a resigned or negative way. A little more like "go with the flow" and "whatever will be will be" so.... I'ma do this now. Again, yay for now. Thumbsup

I find the things that somewhat restrict me from being totally present or now would be ...
I have been there, done that, and own way too many tee shirts to justify complacency. Wink

Future "Worker": Those lilies of the field knew nothing!
This could present an issue to be resolved and therein... maybe a challenge... and so, now.

I think I know quite a few of "The good old days" sort. They seem ok with insightful contributions but, may have a lot of trouble moving on or even fear change. Nothing wrong with nostalgia, as long as that is what it is -an historic experience to inform.

I think most people must be a subtle mix and at different times, one (or more) comes to the forefront.

However, I think that last one might be all about control freaks and/or irresponsible jug heads. I try not to consort with that ilk... they do seem to generate a lot of damage control. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
25-04-2014, 02:23 AM
Yup. I think I went through similar thought processes to come to the same opinion

Thumbsup

(24-04-2014 12:40 PM)kim Wrote:  So... I didn't view the video, I went with the face value of what was presented in the poll.

The categories in the poll are just my interpretation of the first coupla mins of the vid.

I think you'll enjoy watching it if you have time even though by your standards it's not really deep thinking.