What Types Of Food Do You Always Have In Your House?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2017, 02:25 PM
RE: What Types Of Food Do You Always Have In Your House?
(06-09-2017 01:22 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 01:02 PM)jennybee Wrote:  They actually don't have the same potency, little to no THC. Basically, you can't get high off them. Tongue

I know, I was teasing you. Wink

Okay good. I just didn't want you to be disappointed if you tried smoking them Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2017, 02:37 PM
Cake
Crisps
Chocolate
Pork scratchings
I'm making a triangle.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 2 users Like Thedemonbarber's post
06-09-2017, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2017 02:42 PM by Rockblossom.)
Since I can have several-day power outages in the winter, I keep a store of dried fruits, nuts, and seeds in a storage bin. I also keep canned veggie soup, beans, and various canned fruits on hand. I find unsalted nuts, then buy a stock, because unsalted ones are not easy to find.

Shopping lists include olive and coconut oils, wine vinegars, any fruits and veggies in season that can be eaten raw or with light cooking. Coffee, coffee, and coffee. Green tea with jasmine or mint, black tea with chai spices, and herbal teas for evenings when I don't want added caffeine. Yoghurt, cheese, cream cheese and butter. As much as possible, I buy organic, because I don't deal well with the added chemicals in conventionally grown foods. Gluten-free bread, which is kept in the freezer and used one slice at a time.

I keeped dehydrated milk for cooking, but seldom drink milk as a beverage or with cereal, because I have to take lactase pills with it. In the middle of hot summers, the list might include ice cream - and lactase pills. Some chicken and fish, but usually no red meat at all. I like some spices - ground pepper, mixed dried herbs, and even curry powder, but most spicy sauces give me heartburn. Various coconut water mixes - like Bai, and a few carbonated water concoctions with flavor but no sweetener. NO sweetener at all - not even stevia or others of that ilk.

It's about time to make a batch of my winter red soup, which can be put into containers and frozen. I usually make mine in a pressure cooker on the back porch so that the cabbage smell doesn't get all over the house, but it can be made with low heat on a stove or in a slow cooker. Lots of fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants.

Basic ingredients:
Head of red cabbage, coursely chopped
3-4 carrots, cut in about 1-inch bits
A red onion, coursely chopped
Medium can of stewed tomatoes. Fresh tomatoes can be used, but don't work as well.
A can of red beans, or 1-2 cups of pre-cooked red beans
2-3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
Red pepper, hot sauce, or herb mix to taste.
2-3 cups of water or vegetable stock.
Other stuff, as you like. Chopped sausage or pepperoni seems to work well for meat eaters. I sometimes add in a gluten-free chicken maple sausage I like.

Cook by whatever method until the cabbage is cooked to the softness you like. I just use the "soup" setting on my pressure cooker, but whatever works for you. Some people like to eat it plain; others with a dollup of sour cream.
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
06-09-2017, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2017 08:12 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
Olive oil

Vegetable oil

butter and sour cream

Fresh vegetables including tomatoes, potatoes, bell peppers, red onions, spinach, zucchini, garlic, jalapeƱos, green onions, lettuce, mushrooms, broccoli, and so on ...

meat in the freezer, mainly chicken and beef with some pork in there, as well as Italian sausage

dried beans of several varieties

rice

cheeses

yogurt (both sweetened and plain)

muesli cereal

fresh-frozen fruit (pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries) (yogurt, muesli, and cold fruit are often breakfast for me, or sometimes I'll get some milk and make smoothies)

eggs

English muffins

tortillas, both corn and flour

salsa

hummus

pepperoncini peppers

coffee (not a food, but surely a staple)

flour and corn starch

dried pasta

various sauces for cooking (Louisiana hot sauce, Worcestershire, teriyaki, soy)

and of course the various herbs and spices needed to make meals of the aforementioned. Of those herbs and spices, oregano, basil, cumin, black pepper and seasoned salt take pride of place, but I've got, I dunno, twenty-five or thirty jars on the rack and atop my fridge. And I'll often buy fresh herbs for that dish that needs them.

... and my emergency stuff (the dry beans are part of that) -- canned tuna and chicken, canned beans, new potatoes, and corn, canned tomatoes/tomato sauce. This also includes a couple of gallons of water.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
06-09-2017, 08:13 PM
Ok, you guys reminded me to gather my nuts for the winter now.

In winter, because of possible lengthy outages, I keep:

Instant coffee and creamer (yuck but....)
Canned tuna and chicken and sardines and such,
canned beans and tomatoes
Ramen
Canned veggies (yuck, but....)
Veggie, chicken and beef broth base
Extra bags of dog and cat food

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
06-09-2017, 09:06 PM
(06-09-2017 02:37 PM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  Cake
Crisps
Chocolate
Pork scratchings
I'm making a triangle.
I am making half a christmas tree
beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
vodka

[+] 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
06-09-2017, 10:11 PM
Litre of 2% milk
Eggs
Orange pekoe tea
Butter (unsalted, preferably)
Sunflower oil
Olive oil
Rice wine vinegar
Various kinds of flour (currently white, whole wheat and dark rye)
1 or 2 cartons of broth for making soup
Loaf of bread
Peanut butter
Various kinds of pasta
Spaghetti sauce
Some sort of cheese (a block of old white cheddar and grated Italian mixed cheese are the usual suspects here)
Assorted fresh fruit, in the dining room fruit bowl
Instant hot chocolate
Sugar (white, light brown, icing sugar)
Rice
Couscous
Honey
Soy sauce
Sesame oil
Hot sauce
Quick oats
1 box of breakfast cereal
1 or 2 cans of beans
1 large can diced tomatoes
Bag with frozen ingredients for hot & sour soup (deep-fried tofu cubes, bamboo shoots, and sometimes sliced mushrooms)
Onions
Garlic
Assorted spices and condiments

Using just the above ingredients I can whip up pancakes, an omelette, vegetarian chili, a batch of cookies or a pot of soup (including the aforementioned hot and sour soup) on short notice, and drink mass quantities of tea if so inclined.

I prefer fresh meat to frozen, so I usually only buy what I'm going to cook within a day or so.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
15-09-2017, 04:09 AM
bread
eggs
milk
flour
tomatoes
onions
cucumbers
[+] 2 users Like MuntyJay's post
15-09-2017, 05:54 AM
There's food -
venison, beef, pork, chicken and fish

And feed - feed being the stuff that food eats.

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
15-09-2017, 05:57 AM
Cold cereal.

Animal crackers.

Popcorn.

Frozen burritos.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post