What We Know

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2012, 05:13 AM
RE: What We Know
(05-12-2012 02:47 PM)tiagorod84 Wrote:  I'm getting tired of open-minded people from the New Age movement.

Science is hard work and ferociously self-critic. Some respect, please!

These so-called open minded don't know shit and act like they know The shit.

Is this supposed to apply to me? New age movement? Lol!

I agree that science is hard work. And, over time, it is self correcting. And it makes progress all the time.

Look back a bit over the decades and centuries. We have come a long way. And each step along the way people thought they had it all figured out.

Not.

I would love to be a time traveller. Pop in every century or so, past and future. Look at science and also societal evolution. It would be mind boggling.

What we know now would have been unimaginable a couple centuries ago. And what we will know in a couple of centuries is unimaginable now. The same applies to how we live and what society accepts.

Hence I say that we don't know shit. It is meant to express that what we do know is a fraction of what we will know. Probably a small fraction. It is not derogatory towards science at all, without science we'd know nothing at all.

But I get tired of people acting like science is infallable and we know everything. Science goes down the incorrect path sometimes, and until we find a missing link to get us back on the correct path, we don't know if the path is right or wrong. That's not a bad thing, such is the way to learn. But don't run around proclaiming science as the ultimate truth. It is not, and it was never meant to be. It is merely the path of learning. And we ain't done learning by a long shot.

Sooooo - we don't know shit - yet.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2012, 09:02 AM
(13-12-2012 05:13 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-12-2012 02:47 PM)tiagorod84 Wrote:  I'm getting tired of open-minded people from the New Age movement.

Science is hard work and ferociously self-critic. Some respect, please!

These so-called open minded don't know shit and act like they know The shit.

Is this supposed to apply to me? New age movement? Lol!

I agree that science is hard work. And, over time, it is self correcting. And it makes progress all the time.

Look back a bit over the decades and centuries. We have come a long way. And each step along the way people thought they had it all figured out.

Not.

I would love to be a time traveller. Pop in every century or so, past and future. Look at science and also societal evolution. It would be mind boggling.

What we know now would have been unimaginable a couple centuries ago. And what we will know in a couple of centuries is unimaginable now. The same applies to how we live and what society accepts.

Hence I say that we don't know shit. It is meant to express that what we do know is a fraction of what we will know. Probably a small fraction. It is not derogatory towards science at all, without science we'd know nothing at all.

But I get tired of people acting like science is infallable and we know everything. Science goes down the incorrect path sometimes, and until we find a missing link to get us back on the correct path, we don't know if the path is right or wrong. That's not a bad thing, such is the way to learn. But don't run around proclaiming science as the ultimate truth. It is not, and it was never meant to be. It is merely the path of learning. And we ain't done learning by a long shot.

Don't assume things.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-12-2012, 09:41 AM
(13-12-2012 09:02 AM)tiagorod84 Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 05:13 AM)Dom Wrote:  Is this supposed to apply to me? New age movement? Lol!

Not.

Don't assume things.

Very informative and specific reply. Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user