What Were You Like in High School?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2017, 02:49 PM
RE: What Were You Like in High School?
(19-10-2017 02:46 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(19-10-2017 02:40 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  Angry and alone. One of my few friends got dragged into a knife-fight which ended badly and he had to move. As his friend, I got a year's worth of extra attention until an incident where only two of them tried to corner me. After that they - and most of my regular bullies - went after the weaker students.
I was despised by my classmates who liked to blame me for crap I had nothing to do with, so I spent most of the time reading in some remote corner of the building. Counting the days until it was over.

Wow, that's awful. I'm sorry you had to endure that!

Me too Sad

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
19-10-2017, 03:04 PM
(19-10-2017 02:46 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(19-10-2017 02:40 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  Angry and alone. One of my few friends got dragged into a knife-fight which ended badly and he had to move. As his friend, I got a year's worth of extra attention until an incident where only two of them tried to corner me. After that they - and most of my regular bullies - went after the weaker students.
I was despised by my classmates who liked to blame me for crap I had nothing to do with, so I spent most of the time reading in some remote corner of the building. Counting the days until it was over.

Wow, that's awful. I'm sorry you had to endure that!

Thanks. Both of you.
Fortunately, in college I met people who made up for it. Kindness heals a lot of wounds.
[+] 3 users Like M. Linoge's post
20-10-2017, 05:51 AM
I spent a lot of time absent from high school for one reason or another. I remember being a bit of a rebel at times and getting suspensions for smoking and having a bottle of Woodpecker cider in my school bag Rolleyes
I had a group of friends mainly lads who shared my interests outside of school, I still see some of them now with varying regularity.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 3 users Like Thedemonbarber's post
20-10-2017, 08:00 AM
Loner. One time I had paper balls thrown at me from a classroom window. That's how much of a loner I was. Fortunately nothing more severe happened in high school and I wasn't beaten up or anything. The kicker is a guy came out of the classroom and asked me why I sit alone all the time. Well, I just had paper balls thrown at me. That seems like a good reason.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
20-10-2017, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2017 11:51 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Bucky ^ 2 (Bucky squared). Weeping
Then my little brother was born, and life changed in our house forever, as up to that point *perfect* was the only thing we knew, and he's autistic, (sort of).
Someone had to watch him and take care of him. Mom and dad were/are busy with their stuff-businesses, so "someone" was me. You think I'm a jerk now, ... you should have seen me then. Facepalm.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-10-2017, 08:35 AM
High school was prep school for me. I knew I would never have the funds to go to college, the Y-donor didn't complete the sixth grade and didn't want any of us doing much better. So I spent my time with physical training, "professional reading", and firearms practice. By the senior year I had eight other pre-military people working with me. We called our informal group the "Hail Caesars". When I retired I was invited to speak to the school's junior ROTC.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
20-10-2017, 08:46 AM

Yeah. I remember my sister's husband telling me when I was in high school that these will best years of your life and I thought, holy shit! if these are the best years of my life I might as well end it now.

My dad was a school administrator and as the daughter of a school administrator the social expectations of this small town was that I would become a cheerleader, or if not a cheerleader at least a pom-pom girl but I was neither and hated that crap and hated the girls that became cheerleaders and pom-pom girls. I never dated, never had boys interested in me and didn't kiss a boy until I was in college.

I hate small towns. Everyone knows everyone's business and gossips about everything. When I was a senior in high school my parents went through a bad patch in their marriage and my dad suddenly quit his job and left my mom. The entire town fell to gossiping about my parents. My parents eventually got back together but I petitioned to graduate in the spring of my senior year so we could move out of that town and resume our lives.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-10-2017, 09:10 AM
Doing as little as possible of this:

[Image: can-you-make-studying-more-fun.jpg]

Doing the most as possible of this:

[Image: tumblr_static_tumblr_static_b6srh60utvs4...wo_640.jpg]

and this:

[Image: 5397889b085dfe84545755f754161761--kraft-...pplies.jpg]

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like ShadowProject's post
20-10-2017, 10:12 AM
High school was a long time ago for me. Smile I had been bullied throughout middle school so, by the time I reached high school, I was left with the emotional scars. The bullying mostly stopped in HS, but I was quiet and introverted. I never thought of myself as a nerd, but that's probably where the popular crowd would have classified me. But I wasn't physically awkward and, except for being quiet, not really socially awkward either (meaning I could carry on a conversation coherently and without sounding nerdy - my problem was more with getting into the conversation when there were several people because it had been ingrained in me that interrupting was rude). I was in band, ran cross country and track, and graduated in the top 20 of my class. Because of all the bullying I had been through, I firmly believed no girl would ever be interested in me. My senior year, I met a girl in another state and was quite shocked that she paid me any attention. But, not only that, she was interested in me and took me to meet all her friends. That was life changing for me and taught me that a lot of my school problems were just my history there and things would be better after I graduated. I'm still in touch with that girl to this day. (My wife has always known about her even before we were married and there has never been any issue because that girl and I have always been just friends.)

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 8 users Like Impulse's post
20-10-2017, 11:35 AM
I was pretty quiet and didn't know a lot of people outside school because I took the bus in from a neighbouring town. I was in the choir and drama, though, and worked on the school paper in my senior year, and hung out with the computer club and some science geeks. Did not go to the prom but did go to the graduation ceremony.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post