What Would You Do If Yahweh Revealed Himself?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2013, 06:50 PM
What Would You Do If Yahweh Revealed Himself?
What would you think and/or do if the being called Yahweh in the Old Testament revealed himself to humanity as a whole, and demonstrated his abilities to do everything he is described doing in the OT, (parting seas, sending plagues, raining heavenly fire etc.)?

Personally,I Would hope humanity would try to study this being further and determine if it could be defined under natural laws, in which case it would be just a scary powerful alien, not a god. If not...I have no idea, I guess it'd be time to start rebuilding that Temple in Jerusalem.

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

~WrappedInShadows (AKA Me)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheLastEnemy's post
07-09-2013, 07:03 PM
RE: What Would You Do If Yahweh Revealed Himself?
(07-09-2013 06:50 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  What would you think and/or do if the being called Yahweh in the Old Testament revealed himself to humanity as a whole...

File charges of public indecency.

(07-09-2013 06:50 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  ...and demonstrated his abilities to do everything he is described doing in the OT, (parting seas, sending plagues, raining heavenly fire etc.)?

Probably die from plagues or raining fire.

(07-09-2013 06:50 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  Personally,I Would hope humanity would try to study this being further and determine if it could be defined under natural laws, in which case it would be just a scary powerful alien, not a god. If not...I have no idea, I guess it'd be time to start rebuilding that Temple in Jerusalem.

I'd say, if the myths had any basis in a fact of a powerful being, the most likely scenario would be that they are just that: A BASIS. I'd sooner believe that generations of word-of-mouth history of documents assembled, edited, and controlled by people with a political agenda grounded in the day-to-day was so severely flawed after its execrable chain of custody, that it still couldn't be trusted. In other words, starting with a clean slate, fresh eyes, and an inquiring mind would be the way to go, with no assumptions about its character, intentions, or desires.

.... but I doubt that enough of humanity would react in the same way for my opinion to matter much.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
07-09-2013, 07:09 PM
(07-09-2013 07:03 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(07-09-2013 06:50 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  What would you think and/or do if the being called Yahweh in the Old Testament revealed himself to humanity as a whole...

File charges of public indecency.

(07-09-2013 06:50 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  ...and demonstrated his abilities to do everything he is described doing in the OT, (parting seas, sending plagues, raining heavenly fire etc.)?

Probably die from plagues or raining fire.

(07-09-2013 06:50 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  Personally,I Would hope humanity would try to study this being further and determine if it could be defined under natural laws, in which case it would be just a scary powerful alien, not a god. If not...I have no idea, I guess it'd be time to start rebuilding that Temple in Jerusalem.

I'd say, if the myths had any basis in a fact of a powerful being, the most likely scenario would be that they are just that: A BASIS. I'd sooner believe that generations of word-of-mouth history of documents assembled, edited, and controlled by people with a political agenda grounded in the day-to-day was so severely flawed after its execrable chain of custody, that it still couldn't be trusted. In other words, starting with a clean slate, fresh eyes, and an inquiring mind would be the way to go, with no assumptions about its character, intentions, or desires.

.... but I doubt that enough of humanity would react in the same way for my opinion to matter much.

Unfortunately, I think you're right, humanity would probably be divided into two sides; the "Oh Shit it's God let's all bow down and worship" group, and the "Fire missiles at the alien that just blew up Moscow" group.

Neither would probably go particularly well.

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

07-09-2013, 07:25 PM
I assume for a lot of people, this would resemble it, 1:03 onwards.

[+] 2 users Like DemonicLemon's post
07-09-2013, 07:38 PM
How does the non-existent "reveal" itself ?

I will assume you mean, "What would you do if Yahweh was a real being who found it's way to Earth" ?

I would probably join up with Lucifer and his army of angels and lead them to defeat the evil bastard.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
07-09-2013, 07:49 PM
I'd check into a mental institution.

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Abdul Alhazred's post
07-09-2013, 08:12 PM
(07-09-2013 07:38 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  How does the non-existent "reveal" itself ?

I will assume you mean, "What would you do if Yahweh was a real being who found it's way to Earth" ?

I would probably join up with Lucifer and his army of angels and lead them to defeat the evil bastard.

Course' then we'd be left with a whole nother problem...

07-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Start a petition for immediate, universal distribution of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. Then watch him squirm as the entire human race realized where he falls on that scale.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
08-09-2013, 01:17 AM
I'd say how terribly sorry I am. I would then pray for His forgiveness.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
08-09-2013, 01:34 AM
(08-09-2013 01:17 AM)Filox Wrote:  I'd say how terribly sorry I am. I would then pray for His forgiveness.

Big Grin

Well, he's not necessarily God in this scenario, he's just a being that is capable of doing everything described in the Tanakh. Could just be an alien.