What a cool story.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2013, 09:23 AM
What a cool story.
Stolen rings returned by the thief 15 years later.

Here

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
16-01-2013, 10:42 AM
RE: What a cool story.
Yeah, that's nice.

But let's not gloss over the fact that this person stole them in the first place. Righting a wrong is nice, but not committing the wrong in the first place would have been nicer.

Still, kudos to the thief for growing a conscience and (finally) doing the right thing.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
16-01-2013, 10:57 AM
When my husband was a young man, a "friend" stole his mom's wallet right out of her purse -- they knew he did it but there wasn't much in the wallet save for cash and her driver's license. Years later through something on fb he actually reconnected with the guy who offered a very heart-felt apology saying he was just a stupid kid -- and he was very sorry. He didn't know why he did it -- he didn't need the cash. This was waaaaay before all the issues surrounding stolen credit cards and things like that....he was only after the cash.

Still the whole thing was very upsetting to my mil, but when my husband relayed the message to her -- she said it made her feel better.

However, I will admit it was an important lesson to us about leaving things around -- carrying your life in your wallet (since today we need to be concerned with more than petty theft) or purse. That's actually something I struggle with. I probably carry more than I'll ever need in my wallet. Sigh....

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-01-2013, 04:49 PM
(16-01-2013 09:23 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Stolen rings returned by the thief 15 years later.

Here

Must have a slow guilt response....

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
16-01-2013, 05:50 PM
I think it is commendable that they righted the wrong. How many people would go, "Well that was so long ago... you know what, it probably wouldn't matter anyway." but 15 years later... instead of doing that, they actually did something good. Of course, it sucks they did it in the first place but at least they learned a lesson.

Some people might not ever learn the lesson, or give a shit. That is the letter of someone who gives a shit. I'll take someone who gives a shit and learned a lesson over someone who stole it and ends up never giving a shit.
16-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Aw, that takes courage to right a wrong like that.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dogs really are awesome. Check this story out. kingschosen 11 168 10-06-2014 03:21 PM
Last Post: Momsurroundedbyboys
  The Story Thread Alex_Leonardo 63 480 01-05-2014 02:10 PM
Last Post: morondog
  So, whats your favourite mythological story? Just Another Atheist 36 404 11-04-2014 12:25 PM
Last Post: Alex_Leonardo
Smile Cool boys' club HU.Junyuan 14 353 02-01-2014 11:24 AM
Last Post: Chas
  Cool/Impressive Things You've Seen Others Do Misanthropik 3 203 18-11-2013 02:02 PM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  A ghost story (oh boy...) Escape Artist 26 797 30-09-2013 12:37 PM
Last Post: Lightvader
  Have any of you seen this bible story video? bigcatlover2000 5 222 05-08-2013 06:41 AM
Last Post: Mat0816