Poll: Would you honor a pact to split lotto winnings if you won?
Yes, unlike you Muffs I have morals.
Huh? I can't hear you over the sound of my new Ferrari
milk?
[Show Results]

What a fucking dumbass...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2015, 10:32 PM
What a fucking dumbass...
The dumb, it hurts.

Why do dumb people always win lotto?
To just give away 7.5million dollars???? FUCK OFF! I would gladdly sell my friends into slavery for $7.5mill.

It does raise an interesting question.
If you had a pact with a close friend to split lotto winnings and you won, would you honor the pact?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2015, 10:46 PM
RE: What a fucking dumbass...
So, let me ask- what the fuck you gonna do with $7.5M instead of $15M? Personally, if I won that kind of money, I'd have a hard time dealing with it. Everybody knows you have it, based on the fact that it is public information, and the newsies are going to be in your face about what you are going to do with it. I'd be worried about my spawn getting kidnapped and held for ransom, shit like that. I'd have to hire a squad of goons to protect my ass wherever I went, and then worry about the goons mugging me. Plus, every person who ever did or did not know you would claim they did, and would want you to invest in some "sure thing". You'd have to hire a secretary with full benefits, just to answer the phone and tell people to piss off.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
16-12-2015, 10:51 PM
#milk4life

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 7 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
16-12-2015, 11:21 PM
Absolutely!

Then I would put half of my half in a trust so I would have income for life. Next, I would take the rest and give it away to family, friends, charities, some wildlife foundations and set up a college trust for studying the sciences.

HeartHeartHeart

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
16-12-2015, 11:58 PM
(16-12-2015 10:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  So, let me ask- what the fuck you gonna do with $7.5M instead of $15M? Personally, if I won that kind of money, I'd have a hard time dealing with it. Everybody knows you have it, based on the fact that it is public information, and the newsies are going to be in your face about what you are going to do with it. I'd be worried about my spawn getting kidnapped and held for ransom, shit like that. I'd have to hire a squad of goons to protect my ass wherever I went, and then worry about the goons mugging me. Plus, every person who ever did or did not know you would claim they did, and would want you to invest in some "sure thing". You'd have to hire a secretary with full benefits, just to answer the phone and tell people to piss off.

Here, in my part of the world, you can remain anonymous if you'd like. of course that doesn't come free, but I'd rather not have the entire country know I'm an over night millionaire.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like izel's post
17-12-2015, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2015 12:30 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
If the situation were to arise, then I'd honor the pact. However, it seems like a good rule of thumb never to make any pacts involving the lottery. You'd have to really be able to trust someone, and you don't know how they're actually going to react to the news.

17-12-2015, 12:38 AM
This is hard to vote on. It depends on how much the winnings were. Consider I do love milk though.....

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
17-12-2015, 01:07 AM
This is a huge "it depends".

If I won over 10 million dollars, I would start giving much of it away to friends and family because I only need 6 or 7 million to live the life I'd find close to ideal. If I won like 50 million bucks I would start buying people houses. Note that I'm talking about net, not gross.

If I made a specific pact with a friend, I would honor it. Like, "Hey let's both buy 1 lotto ticket a month and if either of us win let's split it." But I would need the friend to also be buying tickets at a similar rate as me to consider it a true agreement.

If the pact was a wishy washy "if I ever win the lotto, I'll split it with you!" then I probably wouldn't honor it (in fact I would never say such a thing to anybody but a spouse). It needs to be a mutual agreement and a mutual risk. I don't do one-sided stuff.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post
17-12-2015, 02:36 AM
(16-12-2015 11:21 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Next, I would take the rest and give it away to family, friends, charities, some wildlife foundations and set up a college trust for studying the sciences.

(17-12-2015 01:07 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  If I won over 10 million dollars, I would start giving much of it away to friends and family
I'd invest most of it. Buy a nice house with an awesome view. Take a holiday.
Perhaps think about starting up a business or a development project.

I wouldn't give away any money in a hurry.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
17-12-2015, 02:45 AM
Real friends are harder to come by than money.

I'd split it.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 10 users Like onlinebiker's post