Poll: Would you honor a pact to split lotto winnings if you won?
Yes, unlike you Muffs I have morals.
Huh? I can't hear you over the sound of my new Ferrari
milk?
[Show Results]

What a fucking dumbass...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2015, 04:02 AM
RE: What a fucking dumbass...
(16-12-2015 10:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The dumb, it hurts.

Why do dumb people always win lotto?
To just give away 7.5million dollars???? FUCK OFF! I would gladdly sell my friends into slavery for $7.5mill.

It does raise an interesting question.
If you had a pact with a close friend to split lotto winnings and you won, would you honor the pact?
Quote:I would gladdly sell my friends into slavery for $7.5mill.

Of course I would split it if I made the pact. If we had a pact it is not me who won, it is us.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
17-12-2015, 04:34 AM
(17-12-2015 01:07 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  If I made a specific pact with a friend, I would honor it. Like, "Hey let's both buy 1 lotto ticket a month and if either of us win let's split it." But I would need the friend to also be buying tickets at a similar rate as me to consider it a true agreement.

If the pact was a wishy washy "if I ever win the lotto, I'll split it with you!" then I probably wouldn't honor it (in fact I would never say such a thing to anybody but a spouse). It needs to be a mutual agreement and a mutual risk. I don't do one-sided stuff.

Consider

Is there a need for any kind of agreement like this between spouses? Who ever it was that bought the ticket , me or my wife , it is by default our money that is potentially won.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
17-12-2015, 05:42 AM
At the times I fantasise about having a massive win on the lottery, I probably think more of how I would share it than I do spending it.

I wouldnt need the whole 15 million. I would only need enough to purchase some properties to invest in and rent out for residual income and enough to buy my own house somewhere in the countryside with enough land to build a small fishing lake and to grow my own food. Id easily give half of 15 million away.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
17-12-2015, 05:52 AM
I would split it - There's plenty left.

I'd hate the publicity and would likely change my name and move...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
17-12-2015, 05:55 AM
(17-12-2015 04:34 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Consider

Is there a need for any kind of agreement like this between spouses? Who ever it was that bought the ticket , me or my wife , it is by default our money that is potentially won.

Guy comes home one night and calls out to his wife "I just won the lottery so you need to start packing ".

"Fantastic! Are we going to Europe? Hawaii? "

"I don't care where you go, just get the fuck out!"

Laugh out load

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
17-12-2015, 06:13 AM
You honor the agreement. A person is only as good as their word.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-12-2015, 07:55 AM
I guess it's also a mater of how long you've been friends.....

I've got a buddy I've been friends with for 40 years.....

I can't buy another one of those.............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
17-12-2015, 08:07 AM
If I'd made the promise, yes. Otherwise, not a chance. Most of my family doesn't handle money well. I'd turn it into more.

That's not to say I wouldn't help family and friends out, but I'd make it on a case by case basis, and maintain complete control over it.

For example: Sure, I'll pay for your college. When you're ready to sign up for classes each semester, send me your previous semester's grades and an essay explaining what other actions you've taken to move closer to your goals. If I'm convinced it's a good investment, I'll keep paying.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
17-12-2015, 08:49 AM
(17-12-2015 02:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Real friends are harder to come by than money.

I'd split it.

Er, wait.

.... lemme do the math on that.

*counts the number of friends he's had*

*counts the number of winning lotto tickets he's had*

Either you're doing the "find friends" thing wrong or I'm doing the "win lottery" thing wrong. Smile

For myself, sure, why not split it? What the hell would I spend that extra money on, a third yacht?
17-12-2015, 08:50 AM
Which friend?