Poll: Would you honor a pact to split lotto winnings if you won?
Yes, unlike you Muffs I have morals.
Huh? I can't hear you over the sound of my new Ferrari
milk?
[Show Results]

What a fucking dumbass...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2015, 09:00 AM
RE: What a fucking dumbass...
(16-12-2015 10:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It does raise an interesting question.
If you had a pact with a close friend to split lotto winnings and you won, would you honor the pact?

Of course. If I had an agreement with anybody, close friend or not, to split lotto winnings I would honor the agreement. If I won I would be sharing with close friends even without an agreement.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
17-12-2015, 09:18 AM
I'd split it as per any prior agreement—as I'd hope someone else would with me if the situation arose.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
17-12-2015, 09:36 AM
(16-12-2015 10:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why do dumb people always win lotto?
To just give away 7.5million dollars???? FUCK OFF! I would gladdly sell my friends into slavery for $7.5mill.

That's hypothetical, right? 'Cause it would require you to have friends. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
17-12-2015, 09:43 AM
Yeah. If I made a promise to one of my close friends I would. They've helped me out a lot over the years and I would like to repay their kindness for it. Plus I would be just as happy with 7 mill as 14. Take care of my debt. buy a house, a working car. pay back people that have loaned me money. maybe take those trips i always wanted.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
17-12-2015, 09:47 AM
(17-12-2015 09:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 10:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why do dumb people always win lotto?
To just give away 7.5million dollars???? FUCK OFF! I would gladdly sell my friends into slavery for $7.5mill.

That's hypothetical, right? 'Cause it would require you to have friends. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 200.gif]

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
17-12-2015, 10:30 AM
When I was in China I spent a lot of time hanging around rich people intent on using my foreign-ness as a means to gain face, and willing to take me along for the ride in the process. It was enjoyable sometimes, and I did make a select few friends that just so happen to be rich as hell, but 90% of the things most of them did were pointless and boring as shit. Diamond studded iPhone, just to make it more expensive than it otherwise would have been... Like, who gives a fuck? I'm just not concerned enough with how others view me (at least not in that regards) to bother getting that kind of stuff even if I had so much money that it was nothing by comparison. The mind numbingness of having to continually pretend like there was actually something remotely interesting about these people is part of the reason I ultimately returned to the states to continue doing my own thing rather than making an attempt at getting into business with them.

I really don't think winning the lottery would change my habits that much. I wouldn't leave the Army, as I'd rather have my mountain time every month than a mansion and a bunch of random expensive stuff and boring rich friends. I'd stick with the property I just got, though having a bunch of money might cause me to advance my home building plans by a year or two. I'd still make it pretty basic, though. I want a place to live, sleep, have sex (if the opportunity were to ever present itself again), study languages, watch Walking Dead, and have a nice shower in after I return from romping around in the boonies. For all of the above, a shipping container home would work better than a multi million dollar house and be a lot less drama to deal with.

Even traveling wouldn't change much... yeah I like going new places, but I'm not much for tourist attractions. A summer teaching English to monks in Nepal would be more enjoyable than staying at fancy hotels and seeing random historical structures that other people have decided are interesting for some reason.

I'd probably have more guns, and more expensive ones Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
17-12-2015, 10:35 AM
Our pact was to share "Any and all winnings." It came to $492.00 and I sent half to her even though we'd been divorced by then.
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
17-12-2015, 11:30 AM
I would just jam it in the bank. Use it only for emergencies and house purchases. Then carry on with life like it never happened.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
17-12-2015, 11:38 AM
(17-12-2015 11:30 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I would just jam it in the bank. Use it only for emergencies and house purchases. Then carry on with life like it never happened.

Yabut, would you split it with me? Tongue

17-12-2015, 12:00 PM
I thought this would be about lottery winner who had his balls painted gold and died because of it.

Oh well....

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces