Poll: Would you honor a pact to split lotto winnings if you won?
Yes, unlike you Muffs I have morals.
Huh? I can't hear you over the sound of my new Ferrari
milk?
[Show Results]

What a fucking dumbass...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2015, 12:41 PM
RE: What a fucking dumbass...
(17-12-2015 04:34 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 01:07 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  If the pact was a wishy washy "if I ever win the lotto, I'll split it with you!" then I probably wouldn't honor it (in fact I would never say such a thing to anybody but a spouse).

Consider

Is there a need for any kind of agreement like this between spouses? Who ever it was that bought the ticket , me or my wife , it is by default our money that is potentially won.

Maybe not necessary to say, but all I'm saying is I probably wouldn't ever have that sentiment with another person (willing to split winnings even if other party isn't doing anything on their end). Maybe if I had a friend who just completely had my back and basically saved my life when I was on the verge of being homeless or something....maybe then.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2015, 01:46 PM
It would never occur to me not to split it.

A clear conscience is the softest pillow I always say.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
17-12-2015, 02:33 PM
(17-12-2015 10:30 AM)yakherder Wrote:  When I was in China I spent a lot of time hanging around rich people intent on using my foreign-ness as a means to gain face, and willing to take me along for the ride in the process. It was enjoyable sometimes, and I did make a select few friends that just so happen to be rich as hell, but 90% of the things most of them did were pointless and boring as shit. Diamond studded iPhone, just to make it more expensive than it otherwise would have been... Like, who gives a fuck? I'm just not concerned enough with how others view me (at least not in that regards) to bother getting that kind of stuff even if I had so much money that it was nothing by comparison. The mind numbingness of having to continually pretend like there was actually something remotely interesting about these people is part of the reason I ultimately returned to the states to continue doing my own thing rather than making an attempt at getting into business with them.

I really don't think winning the lottery would change my habits that much. I wouldn't leave the Army, as I'd rather have my mountain time every month than a mansion and a bunch of random expensive stuff and boring rich friends. I'd stick with the property I just got, though having a bunch of money might cause me to advance my home building plans by a year or two. I'd still make it pretty basic, though. I want a place to live, sleep, have sex (if the opportunity were to ever present itself again), study languages, watch Walking Dead, and have a nice shower in after I return from romping around in the boonies. For all of the above, a shipping container home would work better than a multi million dollar house and be a lot less drama to deal with.

Even traveling wouldn't change much... yeah I like going new places, but I'm not much for tourist attractions. A summer teaching English to monks in Nepal would be more enjoyable than staying at fancy hotels and seeing random historical structures that other people have decided are interesting for some reason.

I'd probably have more guns, and more expensive ones Tongue

Yak, I also come in contact with rich people through my work. I make fancy-schmancy window coverings and soft furnishings for wealthy people. It's totally amazing what rich people find to spend money on. Right now I'm working on a house that's 12 thousand sq. feet and five stories high. Three of their bathrooms (or "powder room", as the rich like to call them...pffffft) have gold leaf ceilings that was done by a gal who does this special, custom kind of gold leafing.

They have a $20,000 oven/stove situation, the most expensive one on the market, in their kitchen.... but nobody in the family cooks! Their refrigerator is custom made, especially designed to accommodate several large pizzas at once time. I'm assuming that since no one cooks a lot of pizzas are ordered. The kitchen counter is marble which extends seamlessly onto the kitchen window molding and all the window sills. The floor and ceiling in the kitchen is made out of something extra special, I forget what the hell it is. All the fixtures are gold.

They're having a pool remodeled with custom made Italian tile which will depict Venus on a Half Shell emerging from the ocean.

The rich find amazing ways to spend money. I charge top dollar for my work because if I don't they feel cheated. It makes no sense to me but I don't want to disappoint anyone. Rolleyes They loooooove to spend money, I think because it makes them feel important. The rich also have a sense of entitlement, like a bunch of mini-Donald Trumps. Geesh, it's a weird world they live in.

It's funny to come back to my very humble, messy home after being in some of these places. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
17-12-2015, 02:43 PM
(17-12-2015 02:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 10:30 AM)yakherder Wrote:  When I was in China I spent a lot of time hanging around rich people intent on using my foreign-ness as a means to gain face, and willing to take me along for the ride in the process. It was enjoyable sometimes, and I did make a select few friends that just so happen to be rich as hell, but 90% of the things most of them did were pointless and boring as shit. Diamond studded iPhone, just to make it more expensive than it otherwise would have been... Like, who gives a fuck? I'm just not concerned enough with how others view me (at least not in that regards) to bother getting that kind of stuff even if I had so much money that it was nothing by comparison. The mind numbingness of having to continually pretend like there was actually something remotely interesting about these people is part of the reason I ultimately returned to the states to continue doing my own thing rather than making an attempt at getting into business with them.

I really don't think winning the lottery would change my habits that much. I wouldn't leave the Army, as I'd rather have my mountain time every month than a mansion and a bunch of random expensive stuff and boring rich friends. I'd stick with the property I just got, though having a bunch of money might cause me to advance my home building plans by a year or two. I'd still make it pretty basic, though. I want a place to live, sleep, have sex (if the opportunity were to ever present itself again), study languages, watch Walking Dead, and have a nice shower in after I return from romping around in the boonies. For all of the above, a shipping container home would work better than a multi million dollar house and be a lot less drama to deal with.

Even traveling wouldn't change much... yeah I like going new places, but I'm not much for tourist attractions. A summer teaching English to monks in Nepal would be more enjoyable than staying at fancy hotels and seeing random historical structures that other people have decided are interesting for some reason.

I'd probably have more guns, and more expensive ones Tongue

Yak, I also come in contact with rich people through my work. I make fancy-schmancy window coverings and soft furnishings for wealthy people. It's totally amazing what rich people find to spend money on. Right now I'm working on a house that's 12 thousand sq. feet and five stories high. Three of their bathrooms (or "powder room", as the rich like to call them...pffffft) have gold leaf ceilings that was done by a gal who does this special, custom kind of gold leafing.

They have a $20,000 oven/stove situation, the most expensive one on the market, in their kitchen.... but nobody in the family cooks! Their refrigerator is custom made, especially designed to accommodate several large pizzas at once time. I'm assuming that since no one cooks a lot of pizzas are ordered. The kitchen counter is marble which extends seamlessly onto the kitchen window molding and all the window sills. The floor and ceiling in the kitchen is made out of something extra special, I forget what the hell it is. All the fixtures are gold.

They're having a pool remodeled with custom made Italian tile which will depict Venus on a Half Shell emerging from the ocean.

The rich find amazing ways to spend money. I charge top dollar for my work because if I don't they feel cheated. It makes no sense to me but I don't want to disappoint anyone. Rolleyes They loooooove to spend money, I think because it makes them feel important. The rich also have a sense of entitlement, like a bunch of mini-Donald Trumps. Geesh, it's a weird world they live in.

It's funny to come back to my very humble, messy home after being in some of these places. Laugh out load

Thanks for sharing.
A friend of mine owns a company that lays seamless floors. It is a material shipped in from Sweden or Denmark and it costs a ton of money since it is labor intensive and can have any design imbedded on it. It is mostly used for commercial applications like cruise ships, restaurants, salons, theaters etc.

One of his residential clients was Simon Cowell from the X-Factor/American Idol fame. He had his 8 car garage done with this material, charged him several hundred thousand dollars for it.

He tells me that if he charged less they wouldn’t use him. The idea is to have something very few other people can afford, in their minds if the rabble can afford it then what’s the point?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
17-12-2015, 03:09 PM
(17-12-2015 02:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 02:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yak, I also come in contact with rich people through my work. I make fancy-schmancy window coverings and soft furnishings for wealthy people. It's totally amazing what rich people find to spend money on. Right now I'm working on a house that's 12 thousand sq. feet and five stories high. Three of their bathrooms (or "powder room", as the rich like to call them...pffffft) have gold leaf ceilings that was done by a gal who does this special, custom kind of gold leafing.

Thanks for sharing.
A friend of mine owns a company that lays seamless floors. It is a material shipped in from Sweden or Denmark and it costs a ton of money since it is labor intensive and can have any design imbedded on it. It is mostly used for commercial applications like cruise ships, restaurants, salons, theaters etc.

One of his residential clients was Simon Cowell from the X-Factor/American Idol fame. He had his 8 car garage done with this material, charged him several hundred thousand dollars for it.

He tells me that if he charged less they wouldn’t use him. The idea is to have something very few other people can afford, in their minds if the rabble can afford it then what’s the point?

I'd bet any amount of money Laughat that when people come into a crap load of money it changes their brain chemistry. A lot of people turn into ass holes. I really admire Warren Buffett and wish there were more rich people like him. He lives in a pretty nice house but it's nothing like what he could live in. Here's Warren Buffett's house in Omaha. He's worth $39 Billion.

[Image: 48336321-Omaha-Nebraska-Driveway-Homes-B...t-CNBC.jpg]

Here's Donald Trump's house in Florida. He's worth 4 billion.

[Image: latestpix-linkcelebs.jpg]

Can you tell which one is the ass hole?!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
17-12-2015, 03:19 PM
What a fucking dumbass...
(16-12-2015 10:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The dumb, it hurts.

Why do dumb people always win lotto?
To just give away 7.5million dollars???? FUCK OFF! I would gladdly sell my friends into slavery for $7.5mill.

It does raise an interesting question.
If you had a pact with a close friend to split lotto winnings and you won, would you honor the pact?

Yes I would. What kind of friend would I be? They would probably bring it up if I didn't. Then I would probably lose a friend for not keeping my promise.
17-12-2015, 06:46 PM
(16-12-2015 10:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The dumb, it hurts.

Why do dumb people always win lotto?
To just give away 7.5million dollars???? FUCK OFF! I would gladdly sell my friends into slavery for $7.5mill.

It does raise an interesting question.
If you had a pact with a close friend to split lotto winnings and you won, would you honor the pact?

I'd hire the dimwitted Serbian assassin to make it look like an accident.

#sigh
17-12-2015, 07:12 PM
I won't split, I will share. Even someone on TTA would get a piece of the pie cuz we were talking about that pie the other day. Mmm delicious. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! Shy ha ha
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
17-12-2015, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2015 07:34 PM by jennybee.)
I'd split the money. I agree with onlinebiker, money is not worth losing a good friendship over.

The happiest times in my life were when we didn't have money. Until I was about 8, we had just enough money to survive. Then my dad made a lot of money and my whole life changed. We moved to a rich community where people would not even talk to you if you didn't drive a fancy car and wear all designer clothes. I absolutely hated it there. I hated the people and hated the way of life.

My ex boyfriend also made a lot of money. We were having a lot of relationship problems (obviously since he's my ex) and his way of dealing with them was to buy me a car, jewelry, and expensive clothes.

I don't want to live a life filled with things. If I won the lottery, I'd move to a rustic cabin (somewhere without neighbors) with a mountain view, host and go on yoga retreats, spend a lot of time volunteering with places that help animals, and donate anything left to animal rights charities.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
17-12-2015, 08:02 PM
Money itself ain't shit.....

It is something that can be used for all sorts of entertainment -- but, if you're the only one enjoying it --- you might as well sit in a dark corner and masturbate like a mad monkey......................

Life itself, is better shared than spent alone.

Money, more so.................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.