What a fucking terrible time to be alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2016, 07:23 AM
RE: What a fucking terrible time to be alive.
There never was a better time to be alive.
Someone needs to get out more. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-04-2016, 07:56 AM
I can't just "try sex". How do I actually find someone who I'm comfortable with? I'm socially awkward, I don't actually like the idea of having sex with someone I don't know that well either. I'm missing the prime opportunity though, because after I'm in my 20s I'll never be able to have sex with anyone attractive ever again. So, if I miss out on that, I will have missed out on one of the best thing that life has to offer. Life sucks.
29-04-2016, 07:58 AM
(29-04-2016 07:56 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I can't just "try sex". How do I actually find someone who I'm comfortable with? I'm socially awkward, I don't actually like the idea of having sex with someone I don't know that well either. I'm missing the prime opportunity though, because after I'm in my 20s I'll never be able to have sex with anyone attractive ever again. So, if I miss out on that, I will have missed out on one of the best thing that life has to offer. Life sucks.

Ummm, no. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-04-2016, 08:01 AM
Why no?
29-04-2016, 08:02 AM
(29-04-2016 07:15 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 07:28 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I look around me, or I should say, tunnel gazing at my computer screen, at all the articles flooding my dash board every day; marine life dying in mass, nauseating bigoted laws being passed against lgbt people, half of the world living on less than 2 dollars a day, my own uncle telling me that it's a dog eat dog world, people committing suicide. Why did I have to enter in right at the beginning of the age of technology and information? I'm gonna die and miss the fruits and awards of advanced civilization.

That's only the positive perspective of it though. Considering that the world economy doesn't collapse, America doesn't collapse and crumble, global warming and pollution doesn't kill off so much life on the planet that the eco system is destroyed, all the natural resources don't run out and vaccines don't create super viruses resistant to any vaccination; if we can somehow solve the ghastly mess that humanity has created, as well as over population, we'll enter an age of advanced technology that everyone for millions of years could have never dreamed of.

Just imagine, artificial intelligence and machines taking care of so much production, human beings may only have to work a couple days a week, if at all. A smarter world where there's less religion because of enlightenment from the age of information; artificial intelligence solving problems at rates faster than any human ever could; human beings finally finding a reason to live for living, instead of having to grapple for their reason to live. Just imagine, a society that can just enjoy living for the sake of living. That would be incredible.

It's been making me sad, I'm not gonna lie. I've developed a coping mechanism for this though. I've been telling myself that if there's a thought that really upsets me, that just drains all my happiness and energy and makes me feel like someone poured dust into my brain cavity, I just tell myself that I don't have to think about it that deeply. I can just let that thought go, because all the people who are the happiest in the world, who feel like they have the world figured out don't have to think that deeply about it. That's been a coping mechanism that's been actually been working for me.

Maybe I'd feel differently when I start living independently and maybe have sex for the first time, or my first kiss, or finally find a job where I feel happy, in spite of the fact that there's not a whole lot of jobs in the world that really foster creativity, and the ones that do exist there's so much competition for them it's not really even worth it to try to pursue. It's fucked, I hate life, I don't really feel like there's that much point to live, except for the fact that I'm 21 years old and 22 in 1 day and my parents pay for everything in my life right now; my food, my apartment, my clothes, my internet, everything.

At least I can be comfortable, but it still hurts. I know I'm missing out on a lot of stuff and won't get to experience my youth the way I could have. I've honestly felt this way for years and it's a lingering effect that's hard to shake, to just find your zen place and just accept the world, but it's fucked. I'm not feeling to confident about the future. I have a psychologist who I talk to a couple times a week, but I honestly don't know what that really does except help me put it into perspective. I suppose I'm a little better off, but honestly I haven't made any progress in my life and I don't see that happening any time soon.

Allright, I implore you to watch this; it might make you feel better about the world in general.

Hans Rosling showcases how far humanity has actually come, and that the future is never set for the worst. Infact, I implore everyone to see this documentary.

I'm hoping for armageddon, cannibalistic aliens, and zombies. This video better not screw up my fantasies.

'Murican Canadian
29-04-2016, 08:08 AM
(29-04-2016 05:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 08:55 PM)yakherder Wrote:  That's probably true. For the two or the weeks in my life that I was not sexually frustrated, I didn't have the slightest urge to go burn villages or anything.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Drinking Beverage

Hard times indeed...

Big Grin

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
29-04-2016, 08:10 AM
(29-04-2016 08:02 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm hoping for armageddon, cannibalistic aliens, and zombies. This video better not screw up my fantasies.

Wouldn't cannibalistic aliens be eating each other? Consider

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
29-04-2016, 08:14 AM
Don't let the constant stream of negative news get you down, negative news is an easier sell than positive news. Plus the 24/7 access to news makes things seem much worse than they are.

Don't take what you have for granted. I have seen far too much death in my lifetime to make me realize that I need to try to live each day to the fullest, be positive, and try to make an impact if at all possible.

One more thing, don't be afraid to step outside and get some sun. A little sunlight and some fresh air can do a world of good.
29-04-2016, 08:17 AM
(29-04-2016 07:56 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I can't just "try sex". How do I actually find someone who I'm comfortable with? I'm socially awkward, I don't actually like the idea of having sex with someone I don't know that well either. I'm missing the prime opportunity though, because after I'm in my 20s I'll never be able to have sex with anyone attractive ever again. So, if I miss out on that, I will have missed out on one of the best thing that life has to offer. Life sucks.
Wut?

Some people are like a fine wine. They get better with age.
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post
29-04-2016, 08:20 AM
Black Death.

Mongol hordes rampaging.

Ice age covers most of the Earth.

Chicxulub

Yeah, life is hard when you have to wait for the new Marvel movie to come out.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user