What a fucking terrible time to be alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2016, 08:30 AM
RE: What a fucking terrible time to be alive.
(29-04-2016 08:10 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 08:02 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm hoping for armageddon, cannibalistic aliens, and zombies. This video better not screw up my fantasies.

Wouldn't cannibalistic aliens be eating each other? Consider

Good point. It would still be neat, though.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
29-04-2016, 08:35 AM
(29-04-2016 08:17 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 07:56 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I can't just "try sex". How do I actually find someone who I'm comfortable with? I'm socially awkward, I don't actually like the idea of having sex with someone I don't know that well either. I'm missing the prime opportunity though, because after I'm in my 20s I'll never be able to have sex with anyone attractive ever again. So, if I miss out on that, I will have missed out on one of the best thing that life has to offer. Life sucks.
Wut?

Some people are like a fine wine. They get better with age.

Yeah... Like this guy. I may have less hair every year, but who really wants hair on their fine wine?

Seriously though, I don't quite understand how sex with attractive people is impossible once you're out of your 20s(?). I'll be 30 soon, and I'd like to know how highly I should prioritize sex in the next couple weeks, and if the girlfriend will suddenly become a repulsive monster.
29-04-2016, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2016 08:55 AM by skyking.)
(29-04-2016 08:01 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Why no?

forget the physical for just a minute.
What is attractive to you will change as you mature.
It's all in the eyes and the eyes are ageless.
29-04-2016, 08:38 AM
(29-04-2016 07:56 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I can't just "try sex". How do I actually find someone who I'm comfortable with? I'm socially awkward, I don't actually like the idea of having sex with someone I don't know that well either. I'm missing the prime opportunity though, because after I'm in my 20s I'll never be able to have sex with anyone attractive ever again. So, if I miss out on that, I will have missed out on one of the best thing that life has to offer. Life sucks.

Lol. Life doesn't end at 20, it barely starts then. But, you should not have sex if it makes you uncomfortable. When you are ready, you will know it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-04-2016, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2016 08:59 AM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
(29-04-2016 08:38 AM)Dom Wrote:  

Lol. Life doesn't end at 20, it barely starts then. But, you should not have sex if it makes you uncomfortable. When you are ready, you will know it.

When you haven't had sex before, it's gonna probably be awkward and uncomfortable... I don't know that waiting would really change that. I'd say that being completely comfortable with the other person is only half of it, if you're not yet comfortable and confident with yourself.

I was very comfortable with my girlfriend the first time I had sex, but not at all with myself. 50% awkward.

On the other hand, now that I'm completely confident and comfortable with myself, having sex with a stranger is still 50% awkward.

Alcohol, though... Alcohol solves everything, until the next morning.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
29-04-2016, 08:56 AM
As far as sex after your 20s, I will say that at age 37 my idea of what's attractive has evolved over time, my lens has matured. To me a sexy attitude is much more important. And after you have a bit of sex you realize that as your experience widens your criteria and your curiosity do too. Granted I'm married and monogamous so this is all hypothetical, but I would much rather have a roll in the hay with someone a bit older than me who really knows what she's doing and is an enthusiastic, curious, and generous lover than some impossible-to-please hot young thing who's only in it for her own pleasure. Muslims talk about dying and getting 72 virgins. Only a culture where sexuality and practical experience are repressed would think this was a good idea. I wouldn't hook up with a virgin if you paid me, lol. 72 virgins? I'd much rather have 6 attractive, experienced, confident women from a variety of races/ethnicities and body shapes.

Anywho - these are certainly bleak times in a great many ways, I can agree with that. Humanity in general seems to be headed in the wrong direction in SO many ways. But there are good things all over the place if you're willing to look.
29-04-2016, 09:28 AM
If you really think this is the *worst* time to be alive, you're seriously clinically depressed. You need to get help, ASAP, from a provider that deals in your issues.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-04-2016, 09:45 AM
(29-04-2016 08:56 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I wouldn't hook up with a virgin if you paid me

Way to show your support... Lol, and you were doing well up to that point.

Mittens, don't worry about it. Sex is definitely something to experience, but it won't necessarily resolve a bleak outlook.

I dated a girl that was having sex with random people, hoping that she would find some sense of worth or something. To be honest, I'm not sure what she was hoping for, but she even admitted that strangers didn't bring her as much physical pleasure as somebody who knew her body. She was deeply unhappy though.

On the other hand, I'm perfectly content to go without a sexual partner. Don't get me wrong, sex is fantastic if you have the right partner, but going without, even for years, really doesn't change my outlook.

The one thing that really changed my perspective when I was going through the lowest point in my life, was learning about the scale and interconnectivity of the universe. The more I read, the more I understood, and the more I really thought about it, the deeper I fell in love. Some people who just scratch the surface think that it makes them feel small and unimportant... But it helped me to rid myself of that idea that we are somehow separate entities, facing the world alone; fighting to feel accomplished for a dopamine reward. Instead, we're apertures for the universe to examine itself, and we are all connected through demonstrably real forces. My favorite quote only really made it's point after all the reading I did, but it's still beautiful anyway:

"You didn't come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are not a stranger here." - Alan Watts
29-04-2016, 10:46 AM
(29-04-2016 08:14 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  One more thing, don't be afraid to step outside and get some sun. A little sunlight and some fresh air can do a world of good.

Yes, this is also a thing. I become a moody cunt when I don't get my vitamin D and sunlight.

Best thing is to aim for 7.5 to 8.5 hrs sleep on a consistent schedule, and get plenty of sunlight.
29-04-2016, 10:55 AM
I think it's a great time to live...our lifespans have doubled, medicine has vastly improved, we have all sorts of awesome rollercoasters thanks to modern engineering, the ability to travel the world quickly, send messages quickly, etc.

Yeah there are a lot of messed up things about the world too, but it's easier to look at the bad than all the good.

IMO this is why heaven would suck. 'Bad' things often make the 'good' things 'good.'

If that makes sense.

Probably not.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/