What a fucking terrible time to be alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: What a fucking terrible time to be alive.
(29-04-2016 10:46 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 08:14 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  One more thing, don't be afraid to step outside and get some sun. A little sunlight and some fresh air can do a world of good.

Yes, this is also a thing. I become a moody cunt when I don't get my vitamin D and sunlight.

Best thing is to aim for 7.5 to 8.5 hrs sleep on a consistent schedule, and get plenty of sunlight.

Maybe that's my problem. 3 to 5 hours per night consistently since I had kids. It's literally been almost 5 years since the last time I just slept until I felt like getting up.

I've got a few weeks of pretty intense training coming up, and I'm actually looking forward to it for the extra sleep I get at field training compared to home.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Now is the best time of your life.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
29-04-2016, 03:48 PM

[+] 1 user Likes Matt Finney's post
29-04-2016, 03:59 PM
(29-04-2016 07:56 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I can't just "try sex". How do I actually find someone who I'm comfortable with? I'm socially awkward, I don't actually like the idea of having sex with someone I don't know that well either. I'm missing the prime opportunity though, because after I'm in my 20s I'll never be able to have sex with anyone attractive ever again. So, if I miss out on that, I will have missed out on one of the best thing that life has to offer. Life sucks.

Undergrounddp had it right. You are not trapped within a walled city with the Mongol armies waiting to get in and slaughter you. You are in a pretty decent time, depending on your place of living. A palestinian, not so much.

Be thankful for every day. That you even woke up this morning is a good thing.

Cancer sufferer (along with too many others). Banjo.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-04-2016, 04:04 PM
(29-04-2016 08:01 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Why no?

The evidence exists that your statement is incorrect. This is a True Fact™. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-04-2016, 04:23 PM
(29-04-2016 10:55 AM)Loom Wrote:  I think it's a great time to live...our lifespans have doubled, medicine has vastly improved, we have all sorts of awesome rollercoasters thanks to modern engineering, the ability to travel the world quickly, send messages quickly, etc.

Yeah there are a lot of messed up things about the world too, but it's easier to look at the bad than all the good.

IMO this is why heaven would suck. 'Bad' things often make the 'good' things 'good.'

If that makes sense.

Probably not.
bad things do not make good things good. I don't know how anyone has this point of view in their head, but it's only purpose is to make you feel better.
29-04-2016, 04:44 PM
(29-04-2016 03:48 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  

Wow, I've watched every single video darkmatter2525 has ever made, he hasn't ceased to amaze me. That was an awesome video.
[+] 1 user Likes Mittens Deluxe's post
29-04-2016, 04:51 PM
If you want to feel like you have a purpose in life, help other people. That way, you can contribute towards the development of a more compassionate society.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
29-04-2016, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2016 05:21 PM by Mittens Deluxe.)
I turn 21 tomorrow. I haven't really done much except live in my apartment, be on the computer and listen to music for most of that time. Since I didn't get good grades in high school, I am not able to attend a college where there's a campus you can live on. This has made school feel even worse for me, because community college is so lonely and so boring, even more so than regular high school. It's so unfair and so sickening that other people who simply did what they were told got the opportunity to experience that sort of college social life.

Now it's gone, about 5 years behind me since I graduated high school. I've learned that the world is a cold, disgusting place that doesn't hand you anything, unless you're lucky enough to have parents who pay for stuff for you. If you think that living alone and having all your stuff payed for automatically makes you happy, kill yourself now you piece of shit. You have no idea how depressing my life is. I despise this stupid, lonely world. People always say 'go seek help" what hell do you think that actually does? People always say that, it's fucking bullshit. I talk to a psychologist twice a week, and have been for over 2 years now. Guess what, it's not fucking helping.

I'm just not ready to try and live a life in this lonely, dismal world independently. And you know what makes it even worse? All I ever get told by people when they're trying to be 'real" with me is that "no one in life will ever hand you anything, you have to work hard, it's a dog eat dog world". Screw you. I don't care who you are, whether you're close to me or the nicest person in the world, screw every fucking person who espouses that line of bullshit. Seriously, fuck you, fuck that sentiment, fuck thinking that way, that doesn't fucking help, you think that will somehow give me the motivation to do something in life.

I have news for you. I don't feel like I care enough to really do anything. Any job that I have ever heard of sounds heart wrenching and difficult. If you think I sound like an entitled piece of shit because of that, once again, please kill yourself. I have felt like garbage for years, I remember when I was in early high school, I already felt like everything was completely pointless. Now this is how I function. All the time, every single day, I'll go from feeling fine, to just having all the happiness sucked out of my mind, with feelings of embarrassment to be alive and shame and failure. Then I'll just convince myself again that it's not that bad and feel okay.

And let me tell you something, I am not clinically depressed. Even my own psychologist doesn't think I'm clinically depressed. The problem is that there's no jobs that are just about having fun. I'm not good at dealing with people, I'm really awkward and I've never developed the friendships that other people seem to take for granted. Fuck the people who get upset because their friends were doing something on a friday night, that one little insignificant blink of an eye of your life was lost, but I will feel absolutely no fucking sadness for your pathetic crocodile tears. People don't know what it's like to be in solitary confinement inside your own head, inside your own room, for fucking years.

I've tried to make friends, but you know how I come off? Desperate, awkward, a loser. Honestly, it's hard not to get caught up in the looking glass self. I know that I sound like I'm really pouring a lot of self pity into this post and I suspect that not a whole lot of people will really feel sympathy, but for those who do; do not feel sympathy for me. Your sympathy does absolutely nothing and in fact it makes me feel worse. There's this thing called darwin and his theory of evolution and natural selection. I am not saying that I would want to kill myself, but I've heard it said to me before, that if this was the olden days I would have either become a black smith or probably just been left to die. That's something my uncle told me, when I was explaining to him that there's no jobs except for extremely competitive jobs which allow creativity and independent thinking.

That's what you all are, fucking pawns, slaves to this bourgeoisie society. The ones who are smart and able take strides while others take their welfare and get mocked horrifically by people who have more. I hear it all the time, people have more babies so they can get more welfare, people literally live off of the state. Well you know what? I'm one of them, I'm one of those pathetic people who leech off your precious, pathetic, fucking society. I loathe this world and the selfish, greedy, stupid people who inhabit it. Some of it are okay, but they make no difference. There's no comfort and togetherness that comes from any of that. So, it's becoming night time and I just wanted to say, once more before I turn 22, fuck this world.
29-04-2016, 05:20 PM
You will be another person by the time you reach 25. Just see out your life. Enjoy your time.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post