What a fucking terrible time to be alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2016, 05:29 PM
RE: What a fucking terrible time to be alive.
(29-04-2016 05:17 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Since I didn't get good grades in high school, I am not able to attend a college where there's a campus you can live on. This has made school feel even worse for me, because community college is so lonely and so boring, even more so than regular high school. It's so unfair and so sickening that other people who simply did what they were told got the opportunity to experience that sort of college social life.

I had a 1.7 GPA from High School. I thought Community College was an incredible educational experience. The instructors at Community Colleges really give a shit about your education. When I got to Uni many of the instructors saw teaching as their penance to do their own research. The Community College prepared me to graduate magna cum laude in Computer Science from one of the top CS universities in the country (UMCP) and a Master's degree with high honors from JHU. Needless to say, I am a big fan of Community Colleges.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-04-2016, 05:32 PM
Fuck college, fuck school, fuck work, life sucks.
29-04-2016, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2016 05:39 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(29-04-2016 05:17 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I have news for you. I don't feel like I care enough to really do anything.

It simply comes down to this: if you keep going down this path, then you're just going to dig a deeper and deeper hole that you aren't going to get out of. If you do things that will possibly help you achieve a better mental state, however, then you're at least going to be in a better situation than you were before. Keeping yourself out of that hole should be a reasonable enough motivation. Also, I would say you do care to some extent, because you are asking us for help and support. Of course, I don't know your thoughts, but that's what it seems to imply to me.

29-04-2016, 05:38 PM
(29-04-2016 05:35 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 05:17 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I have news for you. I don't feel like I care enough to really do anything.

It simply comes down to this: if you keep going down this path, then you're just going to dig a deeper and deeper hole that you aren't going to get out of. If you do things that will possibly help you achieve a better mental state, however, then you're at least going to be in a better situation than you were before. Keeping yourself out of that hole should be a reasonable enough motivation. Also, I would say you do care to some extent, because you are asking us for help and support.
Well, I do care that I'm upset, but doing things which seem totally meaningless and empty make me feel like shit, which is pretty much everything that doesn't involve listening to music.
29-04-2016, 05:45 PM
You could join the Air Force. It's kind of like college social life with a paycheck Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
29-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Fuck the military.
29-04-2016, 05:48 PM
(29-04-2016 05:47 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Fuck the military.

Fuck civilians Banana_zorro

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
29-04-2016, 05:54 PM
(29-04-2016 05:48 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 05:47 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Fuck the military.

Fuck civilians Banana_zorro

Sounds like a plan. Olongapo?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
29-04-2016, 05:55 PM
If you think there's nobody for you, stop a minute and think how we get baby warthogs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
29-04-2016, 05:57 PM
(29-04-2016 05:55 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  If you think there's nobody for you, stop a minute and think how we get baby warthogs.

What?