What a great show! July 16, 2013 with the "pastor" HAHA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2013, 11:38 AM
What a great show! July 16, 2013 with the "pastor" HAHA
Great show Seth! Wow it really took me back to listen to the muddled thinking that I used to tromp through. A bit painful.

Seth was so amazingly patient - good job man. You gave him plenty of rope to hang himself.

I can't imagine creating so many things to feel bad about so God can "rescue" me from how horrible I am. I remember castigating myself in this way to create an opportunity for God to be the hero. I read it all the time in my sister's emails, just ridiculous. We are taught to be ashamed of our successes in the idea of a humility that is totally false.

17 years of Atheism and going strong. I have to thank the "pastor" for the awesome reminder that I rescued myself from a horrible life. THANK YOU!!

J
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Skippy538's post
21-07-2013, 09:59 PM
RE: What a great show! July 16, 2013 with the "pastor" HAHA
(17-07-2013 11:38 AM)Skippy538 Wrote:  Great show Seth! Wow it really took me back to listen to the muddled thinking that I used to tromp through. A bit painful.

Seth was so amazingly patient - good job man. You gave him plenty of rope to hang himself.

I can't imagine creating so many things to feel bad about so God can "rescue" me from how horrible I am. I remember castigating myself in this way to create an opportunity for God to be the hero. I read it all the time in my sister's emails, just ridiculous. We are taught to be ashamed of our successes in the idea of a humility that is totally false.

17 years of Atheism and going strong. I have to thank the "pastor" for the awesome reminder that I rescued myself from a horrible life. THANK YOU!!

J

New here, and finally realizing I am an atheist (been a work 10+ years in the making). What a load of nonsense from the "pastor". Wow, double talk, double speak. Made so many turns, asides, I just could not follow it. And if he said "Here is the point I am making" one more time --- arrrrggh!
[+] 1 user Likes bobheck's post
22-07-2013, 07:10 AM
If you would be so kind as to do a simple search before you post as this is the fourth or fifth thread on that particular podcast...
If it's not to much trouble.

Also, Seth doesn't post here so you'd have far more luck sharing your 'cool story bro' moment with him via facebook or email.

Thank you and have a nice day.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
15-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Sorry about that. I'm not too good at forums and the like, learning the ropes I suppose.

J
15-08-2013, 05:39 PM
(15-08-2013 01:44 PM)Skippy538 Wrote:  Sorry about that. I'm not too good at forums and the like, learning the ropes I suppose.

J

Just so you are aware, it's perfectly acceptable forum behavior to tell earmuffs to go fuck himself with a bowling pin. Tongue

Pretty sure everyone here has at one time or another.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco