What a stupid *B*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2011, 10:04 PM

RE: What a stupid *B*
At first I always think they are trolling but some people are just stupid all the way to a cellular level. It's extremely frustrating to have to listen to this messed up nonsense.
Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2011, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2011 12:44 AM by MasterRottweiler.)
(14-03-2011 08:35 PM)daemonowner Wrote:  *facepalm* Why can only Master see she's a troll? The only thing that could convince me more that shes a troll would be if she came out and said it. Look at her videos!

Of course she's a troll, and we can see that because many fundamentalist channels do one or both of this things;

1) Disable comments and ratings oh their videos.
2) Deleting negative comments.

I bet she enjoys watching people going "FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU" just like your archetypical troll.

(14-03-2011 09:01 PM)gamutman Wrote:  Let's assume for a minute that she is a Poe. A Poe is a sort of troll, but with a very specific agenda. Poe's parody fundies by taking the fundie argument to it's most likely extreme. She's not far from the mark (think Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell right after 9/11). The value of Poes is to demonstrate using reductio absurdem that the fundie position is unsupportable. Even most fundies will distance themselves from her "attitude" though they cannot really distance themselves from her words, because what she says is true of their position.

Bottom line; the chick is a genius.

Exactly gamutman, I was about to point out the Reductio ad Absurdum argument, a few mohts ago, there was a local mexican blog using the same strategy in order to make fun of catholic faith, it was funny because the threads were written in an extremely exagerated fundamentalist perspective, but there were hidden clues like obscene words disguised as acronyms of "catholic organizations".

And yes she's probably one of the most "epic" trolls out there. But as I said before, that is stupid and twisted no matter if it is done just for the sake of trolling. Peace

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Poe with genius or psychopathic troll? I can't tell. Either way I hope it makes people question their beliefs.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
16-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Follow up:

So those who said she was a troll were right, good job. I still stand by her being a stupid bitch. Can't argue that.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/technolog...ean/35824/

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
16-03-2011, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2011 12:10 PM by gamutman.)
(16-03-2011 11:41 AM)trillium13 Wrote:  Follow up:

So those who said she was a troll were right, good job. I still stand by her being a stupid bitch. Can't argue that.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/technolog...ean/35824/

I'll argue it. She didn't believe the things she was saying, but she got a lot of Christians to come out of the woodwork to support her words.

Many people have been criticizing her timing with the last video she made about Japan. I don't understand that criticism. Tell me she isn't right that the minute it happened faithful believers all over the world didn't instantly jump to the conclusion that it was God's wrath manifested in that earthquake. I heard people say it was God's payback for Pearl Harbor. I heard others say God was angry with Japan for being 60% atheistic.

Any anger directed at her personally is misplaced. Why are atheists angry with her? Were the thoughts she expressed her actual beliefs? Do we think it unfair to attack Christians who DO think that way?

Why are Christians angry with her? Did she not accurately portray their god as he is described in their own book? Did her parody go farther than Pat Robertson after Haiti or Jerry Falwell after 9/11?

What exactly did she do wrong?
16-03-2011, 08:17 PM
(16-03-2011 12:07 PM)gamutman Wrote:  Why are Christians angry with her? Did she not accurately portray their god as he is described in their own book? Did her parody go farther than Pat Robertson after Haiti or Jerry Falwell after 9/11?

What exactly did she do wrong?

Well, I think that this is probably because it is bad publicity for them Big Grin. Its like a marketing campaign where a company makes fun of a rival company, religions always need to look "sexy" in order to get new followers or keep their current followers in the flock.

Like I said about the mexican blog about extremist catholicism, the blog were closed, not because the atheist comunity were offended, ok at first some of them didn't get the trolling message, it was closed because the catholic followers got offended and claiming that it was bad for their image and for the image of their "holy" church, and they indeed believed that this guy was talking seriously.

But the botom line is thet this kind of trolling does not make the religion look "sexy" as they always want.

Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-03-2011, 06:56 PM

At this time the videos and account have been removed.

Bummer, I wanted to look too!
Quote this message in a reply