What about Atheist country?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Re: RE: What about Atheist country?
(21-10-2012 02:08 AM)rozbif Wrote:  I know that there are some country's/states/republics that are considered an Atheist states, but those are not a wiling atheist states yet atheism has bean forced on them by a hand full of people for many different reasons.

In case of North Korea atheism has bean "implemented" not because atheism it self but because that country is ruled by a fist full of people and allowing a religion where there is a God would mean that they them self would have to bow to the higher authority, and the priests would represent a moral authority where their words would carry a weight and my be in conflict with the messages from the supreme leader.

Let me rephrase the question:

What about an atheist state, lets say that thousand Atheists come together and they decide to start/found a country/state
country it self would be something like "Island state of Nauru" somewhere remote where you would be able to set up and evolve your society without any interference where you would be able to shape its constitution, laws and policy's.

Would bunch of willing Atheist be able to build a better country and society, and in your opinion would that kind of country have a future?

(keep in mind that there were no willingly founded atheist country's, only those where atheism has bean forced on the population for the same or similar reason that i tried to explained in case of North Korea)

(this is hypothetical question, so don't ask where or how)

Idk is it's true but i've heard it said that North Korea praises their leader family as gods... Like as the Japanese emperor was God.

What you are describing sounds like Oregon... But a lot of woo arises there in opposition to religious belief.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2012, 03:51 PM
RE: What about Atheist country?
(21-10-2012 02:08 AM)rozbif Wrote:  Let me rephrase the question:

What about an atheist state, lets say that thousand Atheists come together and they decide to start/found a country/state
country it self would be something like "Island state of Nauru" somewhere remote where you would be able to set up and evolve your society without any interference where you would be able to shape its constitution, laws and policy's.

Would bunch of willing Atheist be able to build a better country and society, and in your opinion would that kind of country have a future?

(this is hypothetical question, so don't ask where or how)

It will probably happen, for sure, to Nevada. You see the present state constitution, like most state constitutions, recognizes God in the preamble. But it is somewhat obviously hypocritical for the state to have laws that support activity that is opposed to the morality of the religions recognized as supportive of the described god.

And since the economy of Nevada is so good, it is logical reasoning to reason that Nedvada would be better served if it were to go full bore atheist.

Lot of atheists are going to have a hard time accepting that comparative religion will be taught in their schools.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
22-10-2012, 03:53 PM
RE: What about Atheist country?
(19-10-2012 02:40 AM)rozbif Wrote:  I don't want to expand the question by adding the large sub text, i only want to know what is the first thought that came to mind when when you read the question "What about Atheist country?"

Just few of your thoughts, what did that question made you think about and what do you think how would atheist be with something like an "Atheist Vatican"?

My first thought was "I hope he means secular, not atheist".

But since you do seem to mean atheist, then I'm against the idea because it goes against personal freedom.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post