What about energy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2016, 09:39 AM
RE: What about energy?
Your energy goes into the bacteria, worms, etc., that eat you up after you die. That's why they eat you.

But I'll let Neil deGrasse Tyson put it better than I could. This is atheist death-poetry, I think. Smile

What idiot friend of yours came up with that question, Jason? I'm not being funny. I think at some point it should click in your head that your religious friends are full of something that isn't knowledge.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
04-12-2016, 09:44 AM
I think a comparison can sum up this type of shallow thinking.

The ocean is made of water, we are made of mostly water, therefore we should be able to live in water.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
04-12-2016, 10:59 AM
It doesn't matter.

#sigh
04-12-2016, 11:31 AM
(04-12-2016 10:59 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It doesn't matter.

at a speed times itself......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-12-2016, 03:19 PM
(04-12-2016 09:44 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I think a comparison can sum up this type of shallow thinking.

The ocean is made of water, we are made of mostly water, therefore we should be able to live in water.
We do live in water, several gallons of it. We carry it around with us. Our skin is the container. We drink it, we sweat it, we excrete it.Thumbsup

I'm thirsty.

Sapere aude
04-12-2016, 04:15 PM
Split one of their atoms and see where the energy goes.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
05-12-2016, 07:27 PM
(27-11-2016 01:35 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  I've talked with some new age people who say and think that when we die our energy goes back to our creator....and that matter and energy cannot be destroyed.....how would you respond to that???

If by "energy" they mean a soul or spirit, well there's no proof such a thing exists and will live on after our physical body dies.

If they mean this "energy" is "us" as in , our consciousness, our memories, our emotions, well there is no reason to believe our thoughts can exist without our physical brain so there is no reason to believe we would still be aware of anything after we die.

They probably mean the actual energy in our bodies that we use to move around and whatnot, still no reason to think this power supply goes anywhere after die, it's simply no longer existing in our bodies. It wasn't "destroyed" it just dissipated and even if it traveled somewhere it won't "return" to Fantasia or Heaven or Neverland or wherever the fuck any spirits who may or may not have created us would be residing. Also matter can be destroyed and that's different from energy, reminds me of this:

[Image: 370975f172730cb2fd362cd8edff01d6.jpg]

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like SitaSky's post