What about the Mormon?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2016, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2016 04:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
What about the Mormon?
Seems like a decent enough fellow and reads pretty conservative. McMullin for President

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2016, 05:03 PM
RE: What about the Mormon?
I'm always suspicious of anyone who would abdicate dominion over the entire planet of kolob for the mere presidency of one nation, here on Earth! Consider

Unless he's out to procure both for himself, and combine the 2! Gasp

Tongue

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
13-10-2016, 05:11 PM
(13-10-2016 04:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Seems like a decent enough fellow and reads pretty conservative. McMullin for President

I'd certainly rather see him in office than Trump.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
13-10-2016, 05:16 PM
Ironically, most of the Mormons I know are actually really smart. The Mormon focus on foreign language proficiency lands a lot of them in the intel field.

'Murican Canadian
13-10-2016, 05:24 PM
(13-10-2016 05:16 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Ironically, most of the Mormons I know are actually really smart. The Mormon focus on foreign language proficiency lands a lot of them in the intel field.

I don't think it's ironic at all. Religions get a bad rap for the crazy fucktard fundamentalists, but many religious people are very intelligent and moderate. Also, many of us are capable of drawing the line between what we believe for ourselves, and what we think we should try to impose on others. This guy seems like he might be in that latter category.
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
13-10-2016, 05:42 PM
(13-10-2016 05:24 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(13-10-2016 05:16 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Ironically, most of the Mormons I know are actually really smart. The Mormon focus on foreign language proficiency lands a lot of them in the intel field.

I don't think it's ironic at all. Religions get a bad rap for the crazy fucktard fundamentalists, but many religious people are very intelligent and moderate. Also, many of us are capable of drawing the line between what we believe for ourselves, and what we think we should try to impose on others. This guy seems like he might be in that latter category.

I didn't necessaril mean to imply that religious people are less intelligent. I find there's plenty of idiots of all beliefs or lack of belief Tongue

Just that given the comparatively low number of Mormons, I find it unusually likely to run into them in the military in fields traditionally reserved for nerds and analytical types, like linguistics and counter intelligence. I consider this to be ironic as an atheist given our perceived irrationality of the Mormon narrative.

'Murican Canadian
13-10-2016, 05:46 PM
(13-10-2016 05:42 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(13-10-2016 05:24 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I don't think it's ironic at all. Religions get a bad rap for the crazy fucktard fundamentalists, but many religious people are very intelligent and moderate. Also, many of us are capable of drawing the line between what we believe for ourselves, and what we think we should try to impose on others. This guy seems like he might be in that latter category.

I didn't necessarily mean to imply that religious people are less intelligent. I find there's plenty of idiots of all beliefs or lack of belief Tongue

Just that given the comparatively low number of Mormons, I find it unusually likely to run into them in the military in fields traditionally reserved for nerds and analytical types, like linguistics and counter intelligence. I consider this to be ironic as an atheist given our perceived irrationality of the Mormon narrative.

Then again... Alla.
13-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Being a mormon takes a special kind of stupid.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
17-10-2016, 02:18 PM
I hadn't even heard of this guy till I was reading an article about him earlier today. Even my Mormon family who live in Utah haven't said anything about him and the love to talk politics. This guy could potentially do some damage to Clinton and Trump with the help of Bernie backers in Vermont. If this guy can take the electoral votes in Utah (which he has a virtual tie and is gaining momentum) and if enough people in Vermont and other states write in Bernie they have a chance of upsetting Clinton and Trump by not allowing them to get the 270 electoral votes. If this happens McMullen has a chance at the presidency.
17-10-2016, 02:38 PM
No chance at the presidency at all, but a slight chance or really hurting Trump by taking Utah.