What advice would you give in 1927?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2012, 05:07 PM
RE: What advice would you give in 1927?
(08-12-2012 11:39 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  So last night I had this pretty cool dream involving Film Noir murder mystery and time travel. As the story was wrapping up and I was about to return to 1999 or whatever year this is, I gave some dude the following information:

"Pull all of your money out of the banks by October 1929 and sometime in the 1950s be sure to buy up all the IBM stock that you can afford."

Upon awakening, it seems like I could have done better. Especially because I just looked up the history of IBM and they were already a long thriving business by 1927.

What would you have told someone from that era?

Or make up your own era if you're gonna be a bitch about it. Drinking Beverage
I'd tell people how to sell short. They'd have made a fortune.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Id be a bit wary how my decisions would affect the future.

I did originally think of going back to September 11th 2001 and ringing up airports where the planes got hijacked from and telling them I have planted bombs in some pathetic way to try to keep the planes grounded.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
08-12-2012, 07:06 PM
(08-12-2012 05:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-12-2012 11:39 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  So last night I had this pretty cool dream involving Film Noir murder mystery and time travel. As the story was wrapping up and I was about to return to 1999 or whatever year this is, I gave some dude the following information:

"Pull all of your money out of the banks by October 1929 and sometime in the 1950s be sure to buy up all the IBM stock that you can afford."

Upon awakening, it seems like I could have done better. Especially because I just looked up the history of IBM and they were already a long thriving business by 1927.

What would you have told someone from that era?

Or make up your own era if you're gonna be a bitch about it. Drinking Beverage
I'd tell people how to sell short. They'd have made a fortune.
That thought crossed my mind when I woke up that I should have suggested that.

Or MAYBE it was a true story and the person I was talking to was Joe Kennedy. Consider

I think I just blew my own mind! [Image: 1311535544551.gif]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My