What advice would you give your younger self?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-01-2014, 08:42 AM
RE: What advice would you give your younger self?
(09-01-2014 08:37 AM)Khare Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 08:32 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Now that is something I can never see myself telling Younger me, or anybody else.

Really? It has worked out great for myself so far.

Ehhh, I get what you're saying... but if you take that advice at face value it can lead to all kinds of things you wish you didn't do.

You're basically telling yourself to act on every whim... again... at face value.

I think that's what FT is getting at.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 08:47 AM
(09-01-2014 08:37 AM)Khare Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 08:32 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Now that is something I can never see myself telling Younger me, or anybody else.

Really? It has worked out great for myself so far.

The phrasing just doesn't sit right with me, and I disagree with the message; far as I am concerned, a person who lives with no regret is either mentally unbalanced akin to a psychopath, or one who has not lived enough to have them. Regret is necessary, just like pride and pain, it teaches us lessons that must be learned, whether we like them or not.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-01-2014, 08:50 AM
1. If you're even a bit unsure about marrying someone don't
2. Don't lose touch with your parents when you move away, you never know how long they will be there.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
[+] 3 users Like djkamilo's post
09-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Do you homework in high-school. You will want to go to college.

Accepting a challenge to a drinking game in a warzone may sound like a good idea at the time, but it's not worth it, let the French win one for a change.

Things with blades on them are fun - but you are accident prone. Save yourself the blood, and stitches, and hospital bills.

You look much better with shorter hair - you're just gonna have to trust me on this one.

Tobacco may seem like a good idea at the time, but it isn't. While we're at it, Jagermeister is not your friend.

If given to opportunity to go back in time and advise yourself, you should do it, this is working out amazingly.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
09-01-2014, 09:26 AM
(09-01-2014 08:47 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  The phrasing just doesn't sit right with me, and I disagree with the message; far as I am concerned, a person who lives with no regret is either mentally unbalanced akin to a psychopath, or one who has not lived enough to have them. Regret is necessary, just like pride and pain, it teaches us lessons that must be learned, whether we like them or not.

Fair enough, I understand if you thought my phrasing was dodgy. Nevertheless, I still stand by it (and no, clinically I have not been proven to be a psychopath) and think that regret is a redundant feeling. What has passed has passed, the best thing you can do is move on and learn from it, if the outcome wasn't the most optimal. Or better yet, try and make decisions in such a way that you don't have to regret them later on.
09-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Pay more attention to the fun you are having, you aren't going to be doing some of these things forever.

Listen to the stories of your grandparents, one day you will want to know and they won't be around to ask.

Even if you have to outwardly conform a bit, always remember who you really are.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Don't major in art unless you're ready to work your ass off marketing yourself. And you're not, so don't major in art.
[+] 3 users Like Colourcraze's post
09-01-2014, 09:43 PM
(08-01-2014 11:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  5. Learn Mandarin

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

I'm from the FUTURE. You should go to CHINA.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
09-01-2014, 09:47 PM
When buying rabbit for gourmet delishusness, always make sure the carcass has it's head.

Really. Sad

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
09-01-2014, 09:51 PM
1.don't smoke. It aint worth the trouble
2.fix your damn handwriting dumbass
3.see that girl there? She's interested in you
4.stop spending money and start saving
5.BTW,the lotto numbers for tomorow are (numbers)

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....